PDA

View Full Version : controlling fear..

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:13 PM
.. of fighting?, just when those situations come up, when theres no other option, when its not about pride, when its not about whos better than who, when the guy is infront of you squeezing his fist ready to throw it, what do you think of?, what runs through your mind?

i always avoid fights, but here soemtimes its unevitable, like if you are comming out of somewhere, party or whateve, even ur own home, and these bandals or whatever come and start doing everything possible to make u get into a fight... it happened to a friend of mine, he was playing soccer these dudes came and just freaking smacked him in the face, i wasnt there but i saw the bruise on his cheek the next day, and asked and he told me, but ome of his friends chased the guys and totally crushed them..

anyway just an odd question for the section

Fuzzy10sBalls
01-23-2008, 08:19 PM
well im a lover and not a fighter, so what runs through my mind is thinking of the best and fastest possible route to run away. if here is no way to run away and im cornered to fight, i snap and turn psycho and go mid-evil ninja and kick him in the balls and bite his nose off. trust me when you bite a finger off or chunk of flesh they wont mess with you anymore

Legend of Borg
01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
.. of fighting?, just when those situations come up, when theres no other option, when its not about pride, when its not about whos better than who, when the guy is infront of you squeezing his fist ready to throw it, what do you think of?, what runs through your mind?

i always avoid fights, but here soemtimes its unevitable, like if you are comming out of somewhere, party or whateve, even ur own home, and these bandals or whatever come and start doing everything possible to make u get into a fight... it happened to a friend of mine, he was playing soccer these dudes came and just freaking smacked him in the face, i wasnt there but i saw the bruise on his cheek the next day, and asked and he told me, but ome of his friends chased the guys and totally crushed them..

If your friend is repeatedly bothered by these vandals, you should report it. Don't hesitate either. I have had some run ins with vandals on the tennis courts. They ended up paying fines and doing community service for vandalizing a city park and bothering the people.

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:26 PM
lol evil ninjaa

anyway i dont think theres time to bite, its mostly face to face but if it hits the ground well..

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
If your friend is repeatedly bothered by these vandals, you should report it. Don't hesitate either. I have had some run ins with vandals on the tennis courts. They ended up paying fines and doing community service for vandalizing a city park and bothering the people.

it was hit and run,...

CAM178
01-23-2008, 08:32 PM
^^^LOL. Alright Tyson. :mrgreen:

I had a long post instructing you what to do, but based on your last thread and some of the comments you made in there, I'm going to just bypass this. Good luck. Avoid a fight at all costs. It's not worth the jail time.

CAM178
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
it was hit and run,...

What kind of pu55y hits and runs? That's not a man that won't stand to throw hands. That kid is a clown for hitting and running.

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:33 PM
^^^LOL. Alright Tyson. :mrgreen:

I had a long post instructing you what to do, but based on your last thread and some of the comments you made in there, I'm going to just bypass this. Good luck. Avoid a fight at all costs. It's not worth the jail time.

dont cam, ur comments on the last thread really helped and everything is awesome with th efamily rite now:)

CAM178
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
dont cam, ur comments on the last thread really helped and everything is awesome with th efamily rite now:)
Cool, man. Glad I can help. My questions to you are:
1. are you afraid of someone attacking you?
2. are these same people threatening you?

There are some really easy things you can do in that situation, but I want to hear your answers first.

Lakoste
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
You're a chick right? Sorry if you're not, but I'm just basing this off some of your other posts I've seen.

So carry pepper spray or a taser, simple enough.

CAM178
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
You're a chick right? Sorry if you're not, but I'm just basing this off some of your other posts I've seen.
Sadly, no, he's a guy.

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 08:51 PM
dammit do i type like a chick or sumtin?

Its not the same people..

yes sometimes i feel like someone is gonna come up from behind and smack me.. you never know specially in this town, theres a lot of cowardy

lilminihorse
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM

I used to be same as you..... afraid... I got tired of being scared of getting in fights and did something about it.. I started taking BJJ and Thai boxing. Now I have no fear of anyone messing with me.. I can handle myself standing up and on the ground against almost anyone

SoBad
01-23-2008, 09:00 PM
You need to have a conversation with them in order to understand their needs, and go from there.

Teh_pwnerer
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
understand their needs?, the need to smack someone in the face? lawl

SoBad
01-23-2008, 09:17 PM
if they have a need to smack someone in the face, then they have an issue... you need to have a conversation with them in order to understand what their issue is and go from there...

CAM178
01-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I used to be same as you..... afraid... I got tired of being scared of getting in fights and did something about it.. I started taking BJJ and Thai boxing. Now I have no fear of anyone messing with me.. I can handle myself standing up and on the ground against almost anyone
Smart man. I'm being serious. That's what I've been doing for a long time. Started with boxing and switched over to these two. Besides, most all fights end up on the ground, and there's no better way to end a fight than with a submission: nobody gets hurt (unless they don't tap).

tbini87
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
it takes a bigger man to walk away (when possible). but sometimes it isn't possible to avoid it, and you just gotta do what is right. i have never been afraid to stand up for myself or someone else that needs help. im guessing you are still young, but as you mature you will understand when some things are necessary. some people choose to look away and avoid any situation that may cause them harm. i wish more people would be willing to stand up for others and help out when it is needed.

as far as being afraid... i wouldn't be too paranoid about getting "smacked in the face" by a total stranger walking up on you. it doesn't happen that often, and that is no way to live life. have confidence and do what is right and you will have nothing to be afraid of.

Teh_pwnerer
01-24-2008, 10:03 AM
it takes a bigger man to walk away (when possible). but sometimes it isn't possible to avoid it, and you just gotta do what is right. i have never been afraid to stand up for myself or someone else that needs help. im guessing you are still young, but as you mature you will understand when some things are necessary. some people choose to look away and avoid any situation that may cause them harm. i wish more people would be willing to stand up for others and help out when it is needed.

as far as being afraid... i wouldn't be too paranoid about getting "smacked in the face" by a total stranger walking up on you. it doesn't happen that often, and that is no way to live life. have confidence and do what is right and you will have nothing to be afraid of.

cool post thanks=D

maverick66
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM

wow this post wins.

seriously though unless there is a weapon involved dont try to run. if there is a weapon involved get out fast. fist on fist action very rarely ends in a death you can get hurt but you will heal and have gained my respect for standing in there when it looked bad. but if theres a weapon like a knife get out fast cause now you can die.

Rickson
01-24-2008, 10:47 AM

Fighting is not the answer when someone simply challenges you verbally, however, if you get smacked, that's a completely different story. I got smacked many years ago by someone carrying a knife, but I still went after him. His friend jumped in and started swinging at me. I wound up smacking the second guy on his nose and mouth, and he literally started crying. The point is, weapons or not, it's better to fight your way out of a bad situation once the physical portion starts than to leave yourself at his/their mercy. If you get a verbal challenge, walk away. If you get hit, you have to fight it out.

Andres
01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Fortunately, my size usually prevents me from fighting. People usually think twice before starting a fight with a guy 6 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier.

But I'm a very pacific guy. I may be a ba$****, but after all, I'm a nice guy :)

Rickson
01-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Fortunately, my size usually prevents me from fighting. People usually think twice before starting a fight with a guy 6 inches taller and 30 lbs heavier.

But I'm a very pacific guy. I may be a ba$****, but after all, I'm a nice guy :)
Don't worry, Andres, I'd fight you.

Kobble
01-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Street fights scare me because the people who pick them are usually psychos who are on their way to prison anyway. I lose, same result for them, prison. I win, they sue and get rims and an Xbox. Not my kind of game.

Docalex007
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM

I'd kick your *****, Andres.

Teh_pwnerer
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM

ohh now its ON!

val_theworst
01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Just have big friends =/ i'm 5'6 and talk a big game but i could probably get my ***** handed to me by every other dude lol. i try to avoid fights as much as i can though.

Andres
01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Ohhh, the renegade German!!! You'd be crying after 10 seconds, and unconscious after 16.