PDA

View Full Version : THE Official Federer fan excuse thread.

Mungo73
01-25-2008, 02:46 AM
Post your excuses here.

Haw! Haw! :twisted:

zagor
01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
No excuses from me,Federer needs a coach.

Photoshop
01-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Djoko hax0rzZzzZZ

msc886
01-25-2008, 02:51 AM
He played crappy but it was djoko who got to him. i agree he needs a coach.

Andy270211
01-25-2008, 02:51 AM
Nice try Mungo...

You're first post here is this crap?

I can't wait to see what you come up with in the coming years O.o

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
01-25-2008, 02:52 AM
There isn't many excuses for this match, Djokovic was the better player throughout the match. Nuff said...

Morrissey
01-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Fed got outplayed tonight. Fair and square. Is that enough excuse for you? Man this is gonna get ugly for the next 24 hours in here with the trolls.

PCXL-Fan
01-25-2008, 02:54 AM
The serbian government payed Federer 36 million dollars to lose the match.

/Sadly Federer didn't know it was 36 million in japanese yen

Andy270211
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
That's still a lot of money... To a lot of people.

PCXL-Fan
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
36million yen = ~ $40,000 USD

Andy270211
01-25-2008, 03:00 AM
It's $400,000.

Exchange rate is about 1USD : 100Yen.

Zaragoza
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Fed got outplayed tonight. Fair and square. Is that enough excuse for you? Man this is gonna get ugly for the next 24 hours in here with the trolls.

It actually started 24 hours ago, it will continue but in a different way.

Supernatural_Serve
01-25-2008, 03:03 AM
The tainted chicken he ate.

vigour
01-25-2008, 03:03 AM
Federer got smashed all over the place. Although Federer didn't play upto his normal standard, imo, you can't take anything way from djokovic who played excellent.

Leelord337
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM
The serbian government payed Federer 36 million dollars to lose the match.

/Sadly Federer didn't know it was 36 million in japanese yen

Serbia is a poor war torn country that doesn't even have 36 mil to blow like that.

Objective Danny
01-25-2008, 03:14 AM
In three tough gruelling sets Blake took Federer's legs.

PCXL-Fan
01-25-2008, 03:16 AM
Serbia is a poor war torn country that doesn't even have 36 mil to blow like that.

Can't you tell I'm joking? and actually its $400,000 USD

SempreSami
01-25-2008, 03:18 AM

In that case Federer was prolly distracted by the fact that his girlfriend's face is the size of a cuckoo clock and was weighed down by the hoarded **** gold in his shoes.

Generalisations ftw :roll:

Morrissey
01-25-2008, 03:19 AM
In that case Federer was prolly distracted by the fact that his girlfriend's face is the size of a cuckoo clock and was weighed down by the hoarded **** gold in his shoes.

Generalisations ftw :roll:

Every year I see her her face gets rounder.

YourTimingSucks
01-25-2008, 03:28 AM
All I can say is that Federer got Serbed!

latinking
01-25-2008, 03:29 AM
No excuses from me,Federer needs a coach.

I agree....

latinking
01-25-2008, 03:30 AM

Your a Fed fan!!! :shock: LOL

diegaa
01-25-2008, 03:31 AM
he didnt have his 800 dollars haircut

SikSerb
01-25-2008, 03:41 AM
lol federer got destroyed...

Morrissey
01-25-2008, 03:41 AM
Your a Fed fan!!! :shock: LOL

No but the trolling is too much. First Nadal lost and now Fed lost. Chaos everywhere.

edberg505
01-25-2008, 03:49 AM

I wouldn't chum it up too much if I were you. He's got to deal with the Tsonganator now!!!. Dum Dum Dum Dum, Dum Dum Dum Dum.

JBboy
01-25-2008, 04:21 AM
He lost because he looks like Tarantino.

Sentinel
01-25-2008, 04:22 AM
In three tough gruelling sets Blake took Federer's legs.
It certainly was NOT gruelling or tough.

Actually, Fed knew he would lose to Tsonga, and so decided it would be better to throw the match to the #3, rather than an unseeded player.

j/k. :-)

Jokes apart, we all know he hardly played.

Mick
01-25-2008, 04:28 AM
I knew Federer was going to lose when I saw the expression on Mirka's face throughout the match. Even his most devoted fan didn't think he could win this match.

Morrissey
01-25-2008, 04:37 AM
Even his most devoted fan didn't think he could win this match.

I would question that.

Mick
01-25-2008, 04:38 AM
I would question that.

she (Mirka) had her face down toward the end even. She couldn't even watch.

Morrissey
01-25-2008, 04:42 AM
she (Mirka) had her face down toward the end even. She couldn't even watch.

Yeah when it was over. But I never thought it was over until the last point. Fed pulls out that tiebreak who knows....

But I'm dead tired of seeing her face. For once she didn't have that "I'm not worried, I'm bored" look on her face anymore. It was somewhat refreshing to be honest.

Mick
01-25-2008, 04:51 AM
what a tournament. world's no 2 Nadal was shocked and awed by Tsonga and then world's no 1 Federer was shocked and awed by Djokovic. I hope the final will be a shock-and-awe final.

edberg505
01-25-2008, 04:58 AM
what a tournament. world's no 2 Nadal was shocked and awed by Tsonga and then world's no 1 Federer was shocked and awed by Djokovic. I hope the final will be a shock-and-awe final.

Yeah, me too. And by that I mean a Tsonga win.:)

SiLvErX
01-25-2008, 04:59 AM
well Fed was playing bad...he was not on his top you know.. actually Djoker won cause fed was not playing so good...

Ohh am I enjoying this... LOL :P

Alejandro D
01-25-2008, 05:05 AM
Mmmmmm.... there's something fishy about the hawk eye. Didn't you notice it always ruled against Fed and favored Djokovic? Plus, the crowd was too loud. And it was too windy. And I'm sure Djokovic was on roids.

TNT
01-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Thank God For Djokovic Because Frankly I Was Planning To Skip Watching This Years Final If Federer Was Playing In It .......again, Simply Because Of The Lack Of The Unpredictability Factor When Fed Plays.

Mick
01-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Yeah, me too. And by that I mean a Tsonga win.:)
That would be the ultimate shock-and-awe final because Djokovic is the world's no 3 ranked player and I had never heard of Tsonga until he started winning his matches at the 2008 AO :D

Docalex007
01-25-2008, 05:29 AM
Umm, look at the Getty images of Fed during the match. He was clearly constipated which hindered his movements out on the court.

Therefore, the excuse?

Federer would = 13 grand slams on sunday had it not been for a little constipation. :)

WildVolley
01-25-2008, 05:39 AM
No one seems to be offering serious excuses. I think the best to go with is the sickness excuse. Federer was known to be sick at the beginning of the tournament. He hasn't played well the whole time, so despite his claims to the contrary, maybe he never recovered from his initial illness just prior to the tournament.

edberg505
01-25-2008, 06:00 AM
That would be the ultimate shock-and-awe final because Djokovic is the world's no 3 ranked player and I had never heard of Tsonga until he started winning his matches at the 2008 AO :D

Oh you mean you don't remember Roddick playing the Tsonganator in the 1st round of the AO last year and was giving him all he could handle?

Grimjack
01-25-2008, 06:02 AM
I don't think you'll get a lot of excuses, and I don't expect most people who would bother trolling for them really understand what's going on, here.

The huge majority of Fed fans are people like me, who have acclaimed and admired Fed for one reason -- the sterling quality and artistry of his tennis. In an era where it became not only fashionable, but almost necessary to play boring, academy-style tennis in order to succeed, Federer brought genius to the game. And not only that: with the genius, he was able to rise above the masses with the greatest period of dominance the game has ever seen.

Most true Fed fans aren't blind followers of Fed. We're not dazzled by his looks, style, or personality. It's all about the tennis. And the Nadal rivalry couldn't be taken seriously, for just that reason. Nadal is an unthinking claycourt moonballer who was never a serious threat anywhere but on clay. If you're a true aficionado of the game, you just can't appreciate that kind of pseudo-talent in the same way you can appreciate Fed.

Now, today, that same huge stable of Fed fans not only has no excuses...they don't WANT excuses, and are DELIGHTED by the result of last night's match.

Djokovic has been ascendant for over a year, now. He has proven that he has the real game to plow deep in any tournament on any surface on any stage. And till now, it's just been a matter of waiting for him to put it together -- to step up and legitimize his candidacy, as it were. Last night, he did that. And tennis is far better off today.

Djokovic brings something of the simple, all-surface, Safin/Lendl style power-with-versatility game to the show. He adds a rocket serve, and a cocky (but justified) belief in his own abilities. His game is elegant in its simplicity, without relying on the mechanical grinder ethic so implicit in the academy generation. He's the evolutionary successor to the grinder.

He gave notice last night that his combination of ferocity, tenacity, and power have given birth to a new dancing star. And he did it in the most dazzling way -- by utterly decimating a tennis god.

The anti-Fed (read: anti-tennis) crowd is here today looking for excuses, and is disappointed to be finding only smiles. A new era began in earnest last night, and this tennis fan hopes and believes that Fed still has a couple good years left -- and we can hope for legendary battles between these two tennis titans for some time.

The real beauty here is that Fed's pursuit of history just turned from a fait accompli into a genuine drama.

Shame the final has no drama.

chaz_233
01-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Federer needs a decent racket and to lose the girlfriend.

vince916
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
The announcer mentioned the new court didnt allow for Federer to play his offensive style.

What does that actually mean? Wasnt Djokovic playing the exact offensive style Federer would play?

They play on the same court and the announcers were making excuses for Federer. How sad.

edmondsm
01-25-2008, 08:13 AM
He lost because he looks like Tarantino.

Hahhaha, he does!!! I bet he's a better actor than Tarantino though.

edmondsm
01-25-2008, 08:19 AM
I don't think you'll get a lot of excuses, and I don't expect most people who would bother trolling for them really understand what's going on, here.

The huge majority of Fed fans are people like me, who have acclaimed and admired Fed for one reason -- the sterling quality and artistry of his tennis. In an era where it became not only fashionable, but almost necessary to play boring, academy-style tennis in order to succeed, Federer brought genius to the game. And not only that: with the genius, he was able to rise above the masses with the greatest period of dominance the game has ever seen.

Most true Fed fans aren't blind followers of Fed. We're not dazzled by his looks, style, or personality. It's all about the tennis. And the Nadal rivalry couldn't be taken seriously, for just that reason. Nadal is an unthinking claycourt moonballer who was never a serious threat anywhere but on clay. If you're a true aficionado of the game, you just can't appreciate that kind of pseudo-talent in the same way you can appreciate Fed.

Now, today, that same huge stable of Fed fans not only has no excuses...they don't WANT excuses, and are DELIGHTED by the result of last night's match.

Djokovic has been ascendant for over a year, now. He has proven that he has the real game to plow deep in any tournament on any surface on any stage. And till now, it's just been a matter of waiting for him to put it together -- to step up and legitimize his candidacy, as it were. Last night, he did that. And tennis is far better off today.

Djokovic brings something of the simple, all-surface, Safin/Lendl style power-with-versatility game to the show. He adds a rocket serve, and a cocky (but justified) belief in his own abilities. His game is elegant in its simplicity, without relying on the mechanical grinder ethic so implicit in the academy generation. He's the evolutionary successor to the grinder.

He gave notice last night that his combination of ferocity, tenacity, and power have given birth to a new dancing star. And he did it in the most dazzling way -- by utterly decimating a tennis god.

The anti-Fed (read: anti-tennis) crowd is here today looking for excuses, and is disappointed to be finding only smiles. A new era began in earnest last night, and this tennis fan hopes and believes that Fed still has a couple good years left -- and we can hope for legendary battles between these two tennis titans for some time.

The real beauty here is that Fed's pursuit of history just turned from a fait accompli into a genuine drama.

Wow that was really well written. Sounded like a freakin' doctoral dissertation. Thanks.

hyogen
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Every year I see her her face get rounder.

lol this is funny :P poor Fed.

BallzofSkill
01-25-2008, 08:32 AM
The announcer mentioned the new court didnt allow for Federer to play his offensive style.

What does that actually mean? Wasnt Djokovic playing the exact offensive style Federer would play?

They play on the same court and the announcers were making excuses for Federer. How sad.

i think it was mentioned by pros and amateurs/announcers that the new court is really slow, like clay.

federerfanatic
01-25-2008, 08:43 AM
No excuses. Djokovic was the better player on the day. This thread title is a baiting one, and is the real trolling here.

Sentinel
01-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Fed was looking throughout the match like he had been forced to play. He looked like he was hating being on the court.
His eyes were dark like he'd not slept all night.

Fed was hardly playing, he wasn't even at 50-60%, and its not that Djoko was causing that.

I don't think Djoko's going to beat him in a long time. The next match is going to be a drubbing for Djoko.

Was the match "fixed" ? It sure seemed so. Something was wrong there.

dysonlu
01-25-2008, 08:52 AM

First and third sets could have been Federer's. You wouldn't have used the word "destroyed" if you've actually watched the match. Tsonga VS Nadal, that's "destroyed".

rafan
01-25-2008, 09:02 AM
No I am not a fan of Fed BUT I do not want him to go away as I like the competativeness of our two top gentlemen, Rafa and Fed and I mean gentlemen. They do not take their shirts off and run around when they have won a match - they are elated but not at all poseur. They do not smash the racket on the ground when losing a point. They have won respect of the fans internationally. They are an excellent example as to how sportsmen should behave and anyone new coming on the scene should follow by example

Dilettante
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Fed got outplayed tonight. Fair and square.

Not really. I don't want to take any credit from Djoko, but honestly what I saw is Federer playing poorly, out of focus and missing some easy shots in crucial points.

I agree with Sentinel:

Fed was looking throughout the match like he had been forced to play.

Djokovic served and played well, but it was clear that Federer was not enough opposition today, not to Djokovic, not to any other strong player.

drakulie
01-25-2008, 12:21 PM
To add, Joker pretty much put his foot on Feds back and never let him up. He got his *** handed to him, and was severely outplayed by Joker.

SiLvErX
01-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Roger: "But, you know, from the spirit, the way I fought, the way I tried, it's all I could give, you know," he said."

so just STOP...

hyogen
01-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Fed was looking throughout the match like he had been forced to play. He looked like he was hating being on the court.

Fed was hardly playing, he wasn't even at 50-60%, and its not that Djoko was causing that.

I don't think Djoko's going to beat him in a long time. The next match is going to be a drubbing for Djoko.

wow, i must laugh at this too............ yowsers...............oh my...........

i also couldn't help smiling at a post in a different thread and keep thinking about those incredible volleys tsonga pulled off. fearless in coming into the net against nadal :o finally someone to put an end to the baseline bashes.

wangs78
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Fed just didn't have it. He's right when he says that between top players its all about form and who can show the best form on a given night. And he just didn't bring his A game. The #1 guy on tour is the guy with the most skills and the guy who effectively uses all those skills in a given match. Last night, Djokovic brought more of his skills (and he has a lot of them) than Fed did. There's no doubt Fed is the more brilliant player, I mean I don't think we'll ever have another player with Fed's mix of power, precision and his big differentiator, artistry. I hope he reacts to this match the way he has to his losses to Nadal at Roland Garros, and that is, to come back with a vengeance. But I do think things will get tougher for him, as he's getting older and his main challengers are still young and getting better. Still, I'm glad this is happening, bc now he has an opportunity to really win the GOAT title. If he can rebound from this loss and continue to dominate for a couple of more years, beating the likes of Nadal and Djokovic for another 2-3 years in the matches that count (Grand Slams) I don't think anyone will be able to say that he played against weak contemporaries. I think Nadal and Djokovic are VERY talented players, so we now have some excitement in tennis again. I hope Fed can pull off the greatest latter half of a career in history.

TheNatural
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
In the post match interview Fed suggested that the courts appeared faster vs Joker because he coudn't defend as well as ussual. It seems like Fed would have preferred a slower court to slow down Jokers firepower a bit.

i think it was mentioned by pros and amateurs/announcers that the new court is really slow, like clay.

tennismadman
01-25-2008, 01:42 PM
thing i hate is that fed's excuses are actually correct....however it is not the right thing to say....

BigServer1
01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
No excuses here, Federer was just outplayed. Was it his cleanest match? No, but a lot of that was Djokovic taking it to Roger all the time. Big ups to Novak, even though I don't love his personality and attitude, he earned this spot in the final big time.

FedForGOAT
01-25-2008, 10:51 PM
He played horribly (by his standards). How's that for an excuse?

ceberus
01-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Better player on the day won, I'm not a Federer fan btw

Japanese Maple
01-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Reasons(not excuses) for subpar performance: 1) don't play competitive tennis for 6-8 weeks 2) contract virus for 5 days that dehydrates you and saps your energy-lasting weeks with lingering effects 3) don't play in any tune up tournaments prior to Grand Slam due to illness, 4) play on new slower courts for the first time that is not conducive to your power game, 5) display poor movement and footwork-see reasons 1-3, 6) hit more fh unforced errors than usually-see reasons 1-3, and 5, 7) stay back behind baseline and never really dictate with forceful offensive game-see reasons 1-5, plus Djokovics deep, penetrating groundies.

Under the best of circumstances and preparation, Federer was going to have a difficult time with Djokovic. He will be fine, but don't eat chicken next time!

ksbh
01-26-2008, 07:24 AM
LOL! Federer would have taken Tsonga to the cleaners!

It certainly was NOT gruelling or tough.

Actually, Fed knew he would lose to Tsonga, and so decided it would be better to throw the match to the #3, rather than an unseeded player.

j/k. :-)

Jokes apart, we all know he hardly played.

ksbh
01-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Finally, a Federer fan writes a worthy post ... brilliant post, pal.

Couldn't agree more. I hope Novak Djokovic wins the final tomorrow. It'll be just the first of many grand slams he'll win.

lainey80
01-26-2008, 07:41 AM
LOL. haha.
Yeah, you know Federer's first day he played at AO, he was looking better than I'd ever seen him play. There are no excuses, he's getting outplayed, period. Djokovic has stepped it up, and Federer needs to acknowledge that.

Sentinel
01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
I have it on the most trustworthy authority that Federer received communications threatening him with dire consequences if he did not lose.

Raoul_Duke
01-26-2008, 07:46 AM
I have it on the most trustworthy authority that Federer received communications threatening him with dire consequences if he did not lose.

Yup, I was that guy ... so Novak, show some gratitude :D

FedForGOAT
01-26-2008, 08:57 AM

I disagree with the part about Nadal. I'm not a Nadal fan, but to say he was never a threat not on clay?!? He beat Federer twice (almost three times) on hardcourt and took him to a fifth set on grass! I'm a Fed fan, but I try to be objective.

FedForGOAT
01-26-2008, 09:08 AM
LOL. haha.
Yeah, you know Federer's first day he played at AO, he was looking better than I'd ever seen him play. There are no excuses, he's getting outplayed, period. Djokovic has stepped it up, and Federer needs to acknowledge that.

It is obvious Federer wasn't playing his best. A lot of times when players lose, It is hard to tell if they weren't playing their best because they had an off day, or because their opponent never let them play their play their best. Federer, however, is a player that when he plays close to his best, he can hold his ground against anyone. Take the 05' AO. Safin outplayed Federer there, but it was obvious he was playing good tennis. If Federer played that tennis against Djokovic, my prediction would be straight sets Federer.

rafan
01-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Someone who came along and watched the match with me was surprised at Federer's "sunken eyes" as they had not seen him since Wimbeldom Cannot really make a fair comment on someone who was not altogether fit

Mick
01-26-2008, 09:15 AM
"I've created a monster, so I know I always need to win every tournament," a subdued Federer said after failing to add to his tally of 12 Grand Slam titles. "Winning every other week means that when I just lose a set people say I'm playing bad. It's my own mistake, I guess."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/djokovic-frees-federer-from-the-monster-774323.html

Leublu tennis
01-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Reasons(not excuses) for subpar performance: 1) don't play competitive tennis for 6-8 weeks 2) contract virus for 5 days that dehydrates you and saps your energy-lasting weeks with lingering effects 3) don't play in any tune up tournaments prior to Grand Slam due to illness, 4) play on new slower courts for the first time that is not conducive to your power game, 5) display poor movement and footwork-see reasons 1-3, 6) hit more fh unforced errors than usually-see reasons 1-3, and 5, 7) stay back behind baseline and never really dictate with forceful offensive game-see reasons 1-5, plus Djokovics deep, penetrating groundies.

Under the best of circumstances and preparation, Federer was going to have a difficult time with Djokovic. He will be fine, but don't eat chicken next time!
Cute. two, three, four

TheNatural
01-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Fed didnt have any chicken before his early rounds match with Hartfield and Santoro, be bought some takeaway chicken to reward himself after thumping Santoro, then he felt ill during the Tipsy match. He recovered in time for the Berdych and blake matches and played some of his best tennis ever, then he rewarded himself with some more takeaway chicken again before the Joker match and fell ill again from the food poisoning. Must've been undercooked chicken. Big mistake eating all of that chicken. lmao.

Raoul_Duke
01-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Fed didnt have any chicken before his early rounds match with Hartfield and Santoro, be bought some takeaway chicken to reward himself after thumping Santoro, then he felt ill during the Tipsy match. He recovered in time for the Berdych and blake matches and played some of his best tennis ever, then he rewarded himself with some more takeaway chicken again before the Joker match and fell ill again from the food poisoning. Must've been undercooked chicken. Big mistake eating all of that chicken. lmao.

Wow, so that's the reason ... Thanks God, someone before you have almost made me believe he was blackmailed by Serbian Government.

:D

2 Cent
01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
he needs a new girlfriend.

Japanese Maple
01-26-2008, 11:56 AM
TheNatural-you obviously know nothing about food poisoning or viral infections and the lingering effects they have for weeks, particularly if you engage in vigorous exercise. Stressing the body through exercise without full recovery does drain your energy reserves.

VoodooChild24
01-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Federer lost because he forgot to put his dentures before the match.

TheNatural
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
I think Nadal ate at the same take away shop before he played Tsonga - must be why he only served at 175k/hr all match- the kid was drained! lol:)

TheNatural-you obviously know nothing about food poisoning or viral infections and the lingering effects they have for weeks, particularly if you engage in vigorous exercise. Stressing the body through exercise without full recovery does drain your energy reserves.

TheNatural
01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Fed needs to get a haircut and have a fresh start.

okdude1992
01-26-2008, 07:04 PM

lookout guys. looks like we got a spadea fan in here.
http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Tournaments/2006/US_Open/2006_09_03_Spadea.jpg

Sentinel
01-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Yup, I was that guy ... so Novak, show some gratitude :D
I thought you told only me. What a big-mouth you are :-)
Never trusting you again!!!!

drhopz
01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
LEAVE FEDERER ALONE!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va7q7rZifQ8)
lol

Sentinel
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Fed needs to get a haircut and have a fresh start.
And an oversized racquet.
And a coach, new girlfriend, and a 2 handed backhand, and some beef, and some fist-pumping, and some "yeahs"' and "c'mons", and needs to smash his racquet after each lost set etc etc.

(Just collating what the forum thinks :-) :roll:.

zpeed7
01-27-2008, 04:10 AM
You guys are all wrong. It's just that his deal with the dark one ran out.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=155414&highlight=spawn

:D

Lotto
01-27-2008, 04:21 AM
You can't expect someone to win all of the time. Federer lost because Djokovic played better then him and because Federer wasn't playing well. He didn't lose because he was playing crap and he didn't lose because Djokovic hammered him off the court, it was a mixture of Djok playing well and Fed playing poorly and not moving well. Tiger Woods doesn't win every tournament he plays in, does he? Manchester United don't win every single match in the Premiership do they? Does that make them crap or past their time? No! Come on Fed! You'll pick it up and the French is yours this year!

purple-n-gold
01-27-2008, 05:43 PM
No one seems to be offering serious excuses. I think the best to go with is the sickness excuse. Federer was known to be sick at the beginning of the tournament. He hasn't played well the whole time, so despite his claims to the contrary, maybe he never recovered from his initial illness just prior to the tournament.

Good point, it takes around 2 weeks to recover from a viral illness and Fed didn't look well sporting dark circles around his eyes vs Djoker; still he was in the match and could've taken the 1st & 3rd sets even playing subpar. Congrats to tad-Nole, have fun swimming with the big fish.

tlm
01-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Fed was still sick, fed was this, fed was that, blah blah blah. Fed got his *** kicked plain+simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheNatural
01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Fed was ill from the can of whoop-*** that Joker fed him..lmao

gooberwho
01-28-2008, 12:08 AM
fed'll be back. he looked sluggish during the match.

JediMindTrick
01-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Federer needs to switch to Joker's racquet. He mishits too much.

Raoul_Duke
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM

Yup. Novak's racket is doing it all itself. Player just need to have one :D

cueboyzn
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM

I'd bet if Novak tried playing with Roger's racquet he would frame/shank a hell of a lot more shots than Roger does.

You make it sound like Novak's racquet is the reason he won.. lol. Come on.. The Wilson K-Factor 6-1 90 cannot be that bad. It won 3 Grand Slams and the Masters Cup last year.. all on it's own.. :lol:

Morrissey
01-30-2008, 05:08 AM
I'd bet if Novak tried playing with Roger's racquet he would frame/shank a hell of a lot more shots than Roger does.

You make it sound like Novak's racquet is the reason he won.. lol. Come on.. The Wilson K-Factor 6-1 90 cannot be that bad. It won 3 Grand Slams and the Masters Cup last year.. all on it's own.. :lol:

Joker's playing with a 93 sq in. frame so he's not exactly playing with an "Agassi-like" 107 sq in frame.

JediMindTrick
01-30-2008, 06:14 AM

Do you see the contradiction in your post?

JediMindTrick
01-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Joker's playing with a 93 sq in. frame so he's not exactly playing with an "Agassi-like" 107 sq in frame.

Joker's playing with a 95 sq in. Anyway my post about Fed switching racquets was more of a joke.

Raoul_Duke
01-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Mmmmmm.... there's something fishy about the hawk eye. Didn't you notice it always ruled against Fed and favored Djokovic? Plus, the crowd was too loud. And it was too windy. And I'm sure Djokovic was on roids.
Some more ...

Raoul_Duke
01-30-2008, 01:06 PM

And this one is good. Especially the last line.

Gut Reaction
01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Feds draw was too tough plus he had a stomach virus

Nadal_Freak
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Feds draw was too tough plus he had a stomach virus
Yep since Fed draws were always setup for him to lose. :D

Tennis Darren
01-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Does everyone think he's slipping or something? He makes it to like the past 11 slams' finals and one time he loses in a semi and everyone goes BANANAS! Even the greatest in the world must have bad days, and Federer hasn't had that many. Plus, Nole is a good player, you have to give him credit for the way he played in AO.

Tennis Darren
01-31-2008, 07:01 AM
Also, federer was playing with a prosthetic leg, the flu, liver disease, and all 5 of his fingers on his right hand were broken. That's really why he lost.

Gut Reaction
01-31-2008, 09:33 AM
What is unbelievable is your quest to point this out, which everybody who read the transcripts last year, has already seen. I think you should write a letter to the ATP/ITF and have Federer suspended, because that type of behavior is unacceptable

No my quest is to voice the truth. I simply posted the truth and it was deleted. This site is absolutely unbelievable on how anything even mildly offensive about federer is buried.

I cannot tell you how many posts have been deleted, or moved or users getting banned.

Well i dont like Federer because he lies.

In his loss to canas he had said that he had no foot issues. But then when asked again later about it he said that he lost that match because he really did have foot issues (an excuse he uses often). Check it out.

The Indian wells Loss to canas Post inteview:

Q. Was your ankle bothering you?
ROGER FEDERER: No, no problems.
Q. Your feet weren't bothering you at all? Then why the time-outs?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I just had to take the tape off. Both feet (indiscernible) sometimes. You have to do that.

Rogers second video interview:

He says in the very first line about his loss to canas at Indian Wells:

"I didnt have a problem with the Indian Wells loss. I had some issues with my foot.....it was quite straightforward to explain that loss":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMRal-KrRL4&feature=related

It utter censorship and its just wrong.

LuckyR
01-31-2008, 11:47 AM
There is nothing different about Fed, he is still as great as he ever was. What's different is that everyone else has had to try harder to get better. In addition as folks have beaten him, the veneer of invincibility is gone. This has nothing to do with Fed himself, it resided in the minds of the other players for last few years.

AlpineCadet
01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Joker's playing with a 95 sq in. Anyway my post about Fed switching racquets was more of a joke.
He's not playing with a 95, care to site a source? He's actually using his same nBlade pj but with the new kBlade paint, 98sq. inches still.

FEDEXP
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
"It utter censorship" Gut Reaction

OK, chew your cud....

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
is it just me or has federer lost his determination, he just didn't seem to care when interviewed after his loss to novak, maybe he feels he's done his dash and is over the whole tennis life? he certainly isn't himself that's for sure

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM
is it just me or has federer lost his determination, he just didn't seem to care when interviewed after his loss to novak, maybe he feels he's done his dash and is over the whole tennis life? he certainly isn't himself that's for sure

It's just you :???:

That interview he stated how he felt and left all that politically correct bull at the door. Djokovic played a great match and that's the end of the story. It's too early in the season to be making such foolish statements.

Gut Reaction
02-04-2008, 05:31 AM
It's just you :???:

That interview he stated how he felt and left all that politically correct bull at the door. Djokovic played a great match and that's the end of the story. It's too early in the season to be making such foolish statements.

Sampras was just about as dominant as roger but the difference is that when he lost he made no excuses . In fact I remember when he lost to santoro he dubbed him as "the magician ".

Federer on the other hand always has some lame excuse for losing.

Cup8489
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Sampras was just about as dominant as roger but the difference is that when he lost he made no excuses . In fact I remember when he lost to santoro he dubbed him as "the magician ".

what was his excuse this time? i remember him saying that he had been sick, but that it WASNT and excuse, and he said that djokovic played very well

i dont remember him making a ''lame excuse''

is there backing to your claim? you haven't shown it yet.

Gut Reaction
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
what was his excuse this time? i remember him saying that he had been sick, but that it WASNT and excuse, and he said that djokovic played very well

i dont remember him making a ''lame excuse''

is there backing to your claim? you haven't shown it yet.

OMG!!!! he has an excuse in every loss and this was no exception. The only question is how many did he have. lets count shall we?:

1."There's no doubt I've played better in my life," Federer said afterwards.

2. "I've not been really serving like the way I wanted to, maybe the last few matches."

---"He's been playing very solid. He had a tough draw, you know, if I compare it to maybe Rafa's (Rafael Nadal's). So he absolutely deserves to be in the final." ( not an excuse but not very nice....why did he have to take a swipe at rafa? or maybe he is saying is draw was so much harder and thats why he lost?).

3."No, I don't, I didn't think I was moving that great,"

4. "I think I played really well the first two matches, in terms of movement also. I don't know if the surface got a bit quicker."

5. "I definitely wasn't as good on the defensive like I usually am. I couldn't come up with the passing shot when I needed to. Yeah, that definitely hurt me, especially today."

6. "We all know if I would have served it out the match would have been a bit different,"

7. "You know, I mean, considering, you know, my illness, I'm sort of happy with the result here."

8. "But I definitely didn't feel as quick, you know, as some other times."

MEAC_ALLAMERICAN
02-04-2008, 05:50 PM

I didn't hear or read any excuses, he gave Nole his props. Sampras was as dominant, Roger didn't lose as often.

What else do you want? :confused::confused:

Gut Reaction
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Prior to the Djokovic match:
Q. Are you feeling a hundred percent now?

ROGER FEDERER: I've been playing sets the last couple days, you know, which was very important for me, to be able to play points. I'm happy with my form, to be honest. Very pleased. Physically I'm fine now, too. No more issues. Roger Federer

And after the the loss to Djokovich

"You know, I mean, considering, you know, my illness, I'm sort of happy with the result here.I definitely didn't feel as quick, you know, as some other times." Roger Federer

Raoul_Duke
03-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Well, it's time to reactivate this thread.

Who'll be the first?

Dedans Penthouse
03-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Pre-match nachos dulled his competitive edge.

Morrissey
04-03-2008, 05:09 PM
He saved himself for the clay season. Even though it meant getting destroyed by Mardy Fish and losing to Andy Roddick.

drakulie
04-03-2008, 05:33 PM
^^^^ Roddick cheated. He switched to a larger frame in the third set. :)

AM28143
04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
It took Roddick three sets to defeat Federer. What's up with that. Fish did it--easily--in two sets. I think Roddick is the one we should be worried about. :wink:

-Adam :)

AlpineCadet
04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Fed fanboys: it's not fair because Roddick doesn't have mono, nor is his fiance preggies!!

zagor
04-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Roddick showed up,served amazing and was the better player today and deserved to win.

AM28143
04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Roddick showed up,served amazing and was the better player today and deserved to win.

How did Federer play? I assume poorly, but how poorly? I wasn't able to watch the match.

drakulie
04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
^^^ Fed played very well. His movement wasn't as good as "his best", but definitely good enough to win.

Roddick just played lights out, and his serve was amazing.

Cup8489
04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
^^^ Fed played very well. His movement wasn't as good as "his best", but definitely good enough to win.

Roddick just played lights out, and his serve was amazing.

isn't it most of the time? or was it amazing because he was serving well against fed?

Darth Nihilus
04-03-2008, 06:38 PM
No excuses here. The better man won tonight. If anyone puts excuses they're just lying to themselves. Roger needs a coach. I think his game has stagnated.

Hot Sauce
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
The CIA threatened to kill Mirka if he didn't tank today's match.

AM28143
04-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Federer felt sorry for Roddick and "let him have one."

jk

Mansewerz
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I didn't see the match but I'm guessing Roddick was just playing well. He played great against Benneteau the other night. Now if only the Tennis channel wasn't so damn dumb and it showed the actual tournament.....

boojay
04-03-2008, 09:30 PM
No excuses, Fed lost and has been losing more than he usually does. It's a shame, but his absolute dominance is likely over. That said, he's still #1 and will still be #1. The gap is simply narrower, but it's still there.

ShcMad
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm not a Roger fan by any means, but today, he played **** poor tennis by his standards.

Lendl and Federer Fan
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Federer needs a new racquet. Drops the K90.

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
could it not be that roddick just played the game of his life? who here thinks federer is on the out? i personally think that the talent was there a few months ago when he was dominating and won the masters, and it is still there, bring on the clay court season

scotus
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Federer needs a new racquet. Drops the K90.

Are you saying he needs more [k]ontrol? :)

jmverdugo
04-04-2008, 04:04 AM
They both played really great tennis, as some others have stated, the best player won.

TennezSport
04-04-2008, 04:49 AM
Fed didn't look his best out there but that was a combination of Roddick playing great and Fed a little slow; so no excuses Roddick deserved this win.

Even with all that Roddick only won by 4 points, so this was a close match. Roddick executed when he needed to and Fed made mistakes at the wrong time; the way it goes. However, I can see Fed getting better and increasing his #1 lead.

TennezSport :cool:

my_forehand
04-04-2008, 04:54 AM
How did Federer play? I assume poorly, but how poorly? I wasn't able to watch the match.

My dad, who isn't a Roddick fan, and doesn't even like his serve said this about his serve,

"His serve was amazing today."

He might be making excuses though for Fed's loss (not a Fed fan, but likes him more than Roddick). Shame though, I really wanted to watch the match myself!

McLovin
04-04-2008, 04:57 AM
Federer needs a new racquet.
Screw the racket. Judging from Roddick's recent success, I'd say Federer needs a new girlfriend...

LuckyR
04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Roddick broke Fed exactly once, and it meant the match.

As for Fed, he is trying to "play through" mono. This is what happens when a jock tries to practice medicine...

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
04-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Screw the racket. Judging from Roddick's recent success, I'd say Federer needs a new girlfriend...

i'd agree, f**k a-rod's g-friend is fine

Morrissey
04-05-2008, 11:13 AM

That'll be hard to do if he got her pregnant. But he could always do a "Tom Brady" and bail on his pregnant girlfriend and go with a Brazilian super model.