PDA

View Full Version : Prestige vs. Radical

toughshot
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Currently I've been using the Flexpoint Radical

Thinking about buying flexpoint/mg prestige

any thoughts? or suggestions?

I'm an all around 4.5 - 5.0 player who hits with lots of drive off of both wings. Western forehand, flatter backhand. Big serve clocked at 100ish ... flat topspin or slice.

Im new to these forums, any feed back would be appreciated.

Good day :]

Bud
01-25-2008, 10:54 AM

I'm an all around 4.5 - 5.0 player who hits with lots of drive off of both wings. Western forehand, flatter backhand. Big serve clocked at 100ish ... flat topspin or slice.

I like the Radical Mid+ with a leather grip and CAP grommets (brings it a bit over 12 oz.) over the prestige. Feels better in my hands than the perstige.

Jimmyk459
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I had always played with the radicals. I had bought a couple of FXP radicals and then decided to switch to the prestige mid line. I now use a couple of FXP prestiges and the change to my game has been dramatic. Being able to swing out on shots (especially under pressure) has really allowed me to come out of many tight matches with a win. It has been a great change. I would recommend the MG prestige (i just demoed it) because it is a little more stable and has a better overall feel.

iradical18
01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the boards. I always suggest to folks that you just demo them and see which one fits your game better.

toughshot
01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
I've had past experience with the prestige line before.

I played well and i felt i had total control over my shots, but im worried that the dense 18/20 string pattern and mid headsize will affect my western forehand or serve? I dont wanna feel like im swinging a tree trunk after 1 hour of play. :)

rabidcow
01-25-2008, 07:08 PM
If you can handle the weight go with Prestige, don't worry about the string pattern

caesar66
01-25-2008, 07:13 PM

Is there something you don't like about the radicals? if not, I'd just go with the microgel radicals instead of the prestiges, and you can use the fxp as a backup. If you need a change that can't be made through lead tape or different strings, demo around, otherwise I'd stay with what works.

brownyazn
01-25-2008, 10:09 PM
i play a lot like you
but i'm a 5.0-5.5

just demo this them

but i play with the prestiges

weaver
01-25-2008, 10:34 PM
not to make things harder for you, but something that you might want to consider is the radical pro... it's in between the two i think. I started with the LM radical, then FXP radical tour, and now then the FXP prestige. so you might want to try the MG Radical Pro... Hope this helps