PDA

View Full Version : M-Fil 200 directional control

theone
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
It might just be because i'm getting used to the racket but has anyone had any slight problems with directional control with the M-Fil 200 18/20? I spend a lot of time feeding balls and I really have to concentrate and choose my spot.. it seems like the stringbed it a bit too dense or 'uniform.. its hard to describe. It's still got the crappy M-fil Tour 16 gauge string in it so I was thinking it needs a decent 17 gauge string to get some more spin going on or to basically liven the stringbed up a bit?

Automatix
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Give yourself time to get used to it...

However if you want to blame an 18x20, a bit heavy, constant beam racquet with a 95 sq. inch for lack of control you are just funny... even with the crap (ohhh yes the factory strings we're the worst!) it was strung with at the begining control was always there for me, never had any problems, when I restrung it was even better... but if you are having problems with control I think you should look for the reason somewhere else... maybe you're technique doesn't click with frame etc. etc.

But c'mon! Don't tell people that this frame has bad control...

theone
01-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Lol i'm not saying it has bad control, just the directional control seemed a bit off, probably just need to get used to it. I definitely have the technique for the racket because in general i play well with it.

Automatix
01-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Okey so you just need more time with it or... are just picky when it comes to string setups ;)

I've played with the 200s more than a year and control was always there... so be patient:)

Sean Dugan
01-25-2008, 01:02 PM
I love 18x20's 95-ish frames. If I play with anything else, I feel the string bed deflects too much and the ball flies on me.

I think you'll get used to it. It is a good players frame. String gauge and tension obviously will make a big difference in how any racket plays.

theone
01-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Lol probably. One thing I have noticed is this racket packs some serious pop if you hit it right and get the weight moving.

LanEvo
01-25-2008, 01:39 PM
It might just be because i'm getting used to the racket but has anyone had any slight problems with directional control with the M-Fil 200 18/20? I spend a lot of time feeding balls and I really have to concentrate and choose my spot.. it seems like the stringbed it a bit too dense or 'uniform.. its hard to describe. It's still got the crappy M-fil Tour 16 gauge string in it so I was thinking it needs a decent 17 gauge string to get some more spin going on or to basically liven the stringbed up a bit?

u know that m-fil tour string isnt that crappy in my opinion becasue dunlop coulda put some crappy syn. gut on it, but they decided to put some decent multifilament on it

NamRanger
01-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Directional control has never been a problem for me, these sticks are EXCELLENT for placing big flat serves/groundies.

skraggle
01-26-2008, 10:43 AM
They might be a bit heavy for you. I played with them for a good stretch, and I found the control outstanding. But if you're the slightest bit late, you pay the price. Just my two cents...

theone
01-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I agree it feels a bit 'bulky'. I work out my upper body but I know its more about technique than strength.