PDA

View Full Version : What's harder? Tennis or Racquetball

hyogen
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
OK, since there is a thread about what's harder between badminton and tennis--i thought it'd be a good idea to have this thread.

In my opinion...I've only attempted to play racquetball once in my life. I didn't like it...tennis is much harder.

Sure racquetball may be faster, but you can almost whack at the ball any way or mishit it and still hit a unreturnable ball depending on where you hit the wall/how it bounces, etc..

Maybe i'm talking like an ignorant fool, but I would not enjoy playing/improving my game in Racquetball, because much like badminton, any old joe can pick it up and easily start to get better.

With tennis, there are so many other factors such as larger court, grips, spin, passing shots, lobs, the NET which you have to clear with each shot including the serve.

=P my vote is Tennis.

Vermillion
01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
ping pong sucks. racquetball is meh. tennis = yayz

Jonny S&V
01-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I didn't vote, but I don't like racquetball because it's too easy to hit "winners" against the people I play against. Now if I played against a decent player...

PROTENNIS63
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Tennis of course.

hyogen
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Indeed. in fact, i consider racquetball a pretty lame sport which most people--even kids can pick up easily...

I always scoff when I go to some tennis shop or walmart and see the racquetball champion plastered in endorsements...

ollinger
01-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Racquetball, which I very much enjoy, has been called "the game of instant mediocrity"....you can hit the ball anywhere -- except straight down.