PDA

View Full Version : anyone using this racket by babolat?

anbu4ever11
01-25-2008, 12:54 PM
anyone using or have used the new Babolat Pure Storm Tour Racquets?what do you think of them?

Lefty5
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Honestly they seem dated... small sweetspots and kind of unweildy. Only hit with it a few times but that's all I needed. Seems like there is way better technology out there for Rackets. Just my opinion.

anbu4ever11
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Honestly they seem dated... small sweetspots and kind of unweildy. Only hit with it a few times but that's all I needed. Seems like there is way better technology out there for Rackets. Just my opinion.

may i ask what do you mean by unweildy?

In)SpiRe
01-25-2008, 01:50 PM
The Pure Storm Tour racquets are great. Good all around racquet, nothing really bad about them. But like everyone ese says: Demo!
I love this racquet by the way.

HeadPrestige
01-25-2008, 02:48 PM

i used the storm tour for a while, and the sweetspot is anything but small.. its HUGE.

Two Fister
01-25-2008, 02:51 PM
I like the PureStormTour quite a bit. It isn't real powerful, but I can hit a pretty heavy and penetrating ball with it (more so than with my aeroprodrive + cortex or Speedport Black). I feel it has a very consistent stringbed response. You get out, what you put in. No big surprises like balls that seem to sail long or in the net for no apparent reason.

It also has good feel and is fairly soft. I feel it is softer than my microgel PrestigePro. Still getting used to this racquet, though. (Yep, I buy too many racquets, but hey, there are much more expensive hobbies out there than tennis).

TsongaBonga
01-25-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm using the pure storm (normal version) and I think its a great stick! I want to add more weight to it though! The PS gives a nice crunch on the ball and it offers a big sweetspot so i guess its a cool bat!

fluffy Beaver
01-25-2008, 03:40 PM

LOL your basing your opinion based on technology?

anyways, it feels soft and has decent amount of power. Nice touch at the net as well from my experiences.

slice bh compliment
01-25-2008, 03:45 PM
The Pure Storm Tour has a small sweetspot? Maybe if you string it with crap.

It's all the great things of the old Pure Control, but more flexible and with a matte finish and a cooler red/black/silver look to it.

They really got it right with this one.
Truly a RILF.

anbu4ever11
01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
sweet good to know.im using a babolat apdc myself and need to get it strung with newer string and see how it plays,if it still isnt for me im goin to try this babolat

racquet_jedi
01-25-2008, 04:50 PM
The Pure Storm Tour has a small sweetspot? Maybe if you string it with crap.

It's all the great things of the old Pure Control, but more flexible and with a matte finish and a cooler red/black/silver look to it.

They really got it right with this one.
Truly a RILF.

What's a RILF?

SFrazeur
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM
What's a RILF?

I'm thinking I might not wish to know.

-SF

anbu4ever11
01-25-2008, 06:50 PM
lmao off thats great

slice bh compliment
01-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Yeah, The Storm Tour is definitely a RILF>
Sorry, it's a little crass, but funny.
And thanks to Ross K, it's part of the vernacular around here.

It's American Pie's only great contribution to the world.
Oh yeah? and this one time? at tennis camp? ...

anbu4ever11
01-26-2008, 12:41 PM
lmao,hey what do you guys string it with and what tension?

slice bh compliment
01-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Gut mains (58#) with Hurricane tour crosses (53#).

Buttah.