PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the new Rambo movie *no spoiler*

norcal
01-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Lame plot, horrid dialogue, amazing fight scenes. Takes it to a new level.

The Chronicle review contained this advisory (seriously):

Quote:
"This violence contains a movie, but only intermittently. Mainly it's all violence."

Pretty much sums it up. If you like ultra violent action films this movie's for you.

Verilious
01-25-2008, 01:43 PM
That's honestly all I really expected and wanted out of it. Just some cheap Oh's and Ah's.

J011yroger
01-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I got my stirring plot and ispirational storyline from Rocky 6.

Bring on the gore.

J

goober
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
"This violence contains a movie, but only intermittently. Mainly it's all violence."

Pretty much sums it up. If you like ultra violent action films this movie's for you.

Just out of curosity, what were you expecting- deep plot, developed chracters and only occasional violence? :)

couch
01-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:

That's hilarious. :)

SFrazeur
01-25-2008, 05:51 PM
Spoiler, Read at your own risk.....

Rambo killed some baddies.

-SF

Phil
01-25-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:

Damn, that sounds like my kind of flick. Only problem for me, is Sylvestor Stallone is in it! He's pretty much fossilized; the Rambo franchise despertly needs an infusion of new (not First) blood. I know people will say "But, Rambo IS Stallone-one cannot survive without the other...", well I'm here to tell you that it can be done, with the right "Face" and the right backstory.

Legend of Borg
01-25-2008, 08:16 PM
That's nothing new coming from a Sylvester Stallone movie. The trailer itself gave it away.

goober
01-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Damn, that sounds like my kind of flick. Only problem for me, is Sylvestor Stallone is in it! He's pretty much fossilized; the Rambo franchise despertly needs an infusion of new (not First) blood. I know people will say "But, Rambo IS Stallone-one cannot survive without the other...", well I'm here to tell you that it can be done, with the right "Face" and the right backstory.

Actually an infusion of First blood would be nice. :) That was the only Rambo movie that actually had some storyline and the body count was held to a minimum. In fact I don't recall if he actually killed anybody in the first movie just injured them. The first movie was the only one that produced some memorable lines: "Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you!"

The whole mindless violence genre with a one man gang taking on whole armies just doesn't do it for me I guess.:cool:

Phil
01-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Actually an infusion of First blood would be nice. :) That was the only Rambo movie that actually had some storyline and the body count was held to a minimum. In fact I don't recall if he actually killed anybody in the first movie just injured them. The first movie was the only one that produced some memorable lines: "Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war. You asked me, I didn't ask you!"

The whole mindless violence genre with a one man gang taking on whole armies just doesn't do it for me I guess.:cool:
I agree with that! First Blood was the best film of the lot, and didn't need buckets of blood and gore to make it work.

He MAY have killed one person in FB, as I recall...the guy in the helicopter? Or was that an accident?

maverick66
01-25-2008, 09:43 PM

he definetly killed some dogs. and ill give him the guy in the helicoptor. how brian dennehy doesnt die is beyond me. that was a huge gun something like a m249 saw. how you get shot with that and dont die is beyond me.

as for new rambo as long aas hes killing i dont care how old he gets. pump him full of steroids and watch him go.

abenguyen
01-26-2008, 09:07 PM

Quote:

alrighty then guess i'm going to watch it

quest01
01-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Well I'm a fan of violent movies so I may have to see the new Rambo movie. Pretty much anything with blood, gore, nudity, and swearing in it I'm there.

Vermillion
01-26-2008, 09:17 PM
is this a remake of a previous Rambo film? or is it Rambo 12?

Leelord337
01-26-2008, 09:21 PM
Spoiler, Read at your own risk.....

Rambo killed some baddies.

-SF

LOL, Baddies, thats a new one.

SFrazeur
01-26-2008, 09:23 PM
LOL, Baddies, thats a new one.

I was actually making a commentary on the very nature of what a "spoiler" in a Rambo movie would be. But yes, I thought baddies would sound rather lame. :)

-SF

Moose Malloy
01-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Does anyone else find their choices of titles odd?

first it was:

'First Blood' then
'Rambo:First Blood Part II' then
'Rambo III' (which makes no sense) then
'Rambo' (which was already used)

maverick66
01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Does anyone else find their choices of titles odd?

first it was:

'First Blood' then
'Rambo:First Blood Part II' then
'Rambo III' (which makes no sense) then
'Rambo' (which was already used)

http://www.screwattack.com/archive/AVGN/sequels.html
is this were you got this from. its pretty funny he starts off with video game sequels but at around 4 mins he starts with movies.
the videos language is a pretty bad but it is funny.

Shahar26
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm just wondering how in the hell it got this on IMDB

User Rating: 8.2/10 (9,008 votes)

Is it possible that Sly has that many friends?!?

A few days ago it was at 8.5 which made it into #150 in the 250 top movies of all time:confused:

tennispro11
01-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I liked it. Pretty intense action sequences and some of the most realistic battles scenes with body parts flying off from the .50 cal sniper and the gun in the jeep. Overall a good continuation in the Rambo series.

T