PDA

View Full Version : just ordered the wilson kpro tour and kpro open

scottyscottuk
01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
these rackets are not available in europe, not sure if they will be or when either...so i thought what the heck, i got some spair cash i'll take the plunge and ive ordered the kpro tour and a kpro open, currently play with apd, which i really like and play well with, but ive always loved wilson rackets in the past and ive been looking for a little more accuracy and feel. and these rackets specs look like they are perfect for my needs, cant wait for them to arrive now. im in the uk so they will prob take a week to get here.

i wonder which one i will prefer?? only time will tell i guess.

has anyone hit with either them?? love to here some feedback

scott
2Xbabolat apd's
luxilon alu power rough 61lbs
nxt cross/topspin cyber flash 62/60

rating: 4.5

thejuice
01-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Scotty, I haven't hit with either stick but they are already out here in Atlanta and they look great. I liked the weight of the K Pro Tour in hand (I held a strung demo but didn't get to hit it). The K Pro Open felt just a little too light for my taste.

drakulie
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I hit with the KTour. One word >> "horrible". String bed felt completely dead.

Let us know how you like them, and post a review. Would like to hear your thoughts on the frames.

Good luck.

roller~
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to reading your review.
Gooood days.

scottyscottuk
01-26-2008, 07:51 AM
i think maybe drakulie maybe played the kpro tour with a bad string job,
im planning to string both at first with hybrid of luxilon alu power rough mains and wilson nxt tour crosses. im pretty sure that this combi is very lively and has great feel also...

DomStar7
01-26-2008, 07:58 AM
m going to spend around 180 on a a wilson k blade, tour 6 bag and adidas shoes please tell me how much i will have to pay extra, tennis warehouse site doesnt confirm anything.

01-26-2008, 07:59 AM
I would love to hear how the Kpro Open plays.

jcstennis
01-26-2008, 09:26 AM
^^^ i just picked up some demos... both strung w/ Sensation (oh well)... the K-Pro Tour looks sweet, feels a touch light. the K-Blade Tour looks nice as well, has a Dunlop-meets-Head-meets-Wilson type of contruction to it... and it's 93" :) didn't p/u the Open... really nice design on the Tour, i hope it plays well!!!

i'll write back once i play the KPro Tour ;)

josef
01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
same here.. i justed picked up the kblade 98 and the kpro tour to demo.. i will report my findings.. i currently use a nblade 98 so i am looking forward to see the differences..