PDA

View Full Version : notice 1 pt HL difference?

elmo2zoe
01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I just balanced my rackets and weight them, and I notice both were the same weight, but one was 9 pts HL and the other 10 pts HL. I haven't notice much difference with both of them, but I never played with them in the same session. So my question is "if there is" what difference should I notice between the two rackets? (I don't want to mention the racket as I'm afraid it will turn to a debate of company quality control) THX

psp2
01-25-2008, 04:20 PM
I just balanced my rackets and weight them, and I notice both were the same weight, but one was 9 pts HL and the other 10 pts HL. I haven't notice much difference with both of them, but I never played with them in the same session. So my question is "if there is" what difference should I notice between the two rackets? (I don't want to mention the racket as I'm afraid it will turn to a debate of company quality control) THX

I highly doubt that anyone can notice a 1pt. difference in balance if you're dealing with the same model (ie., you have 2 K90, PD, etc.)

However, you can have 2 totally different racquets that differ by 1pt. balance and can feel very differently.

meowmix
01-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Unless you're going open level, you're not going to care about a gram or two being unevenly distributed (that's what's causing the difference in HL).