PDA

View Full Version : I've been playing with mid-plus sized rackets. Should i switch to a mid?

evylsalamie
01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
i've been playing with a Yonex Muscle Power Tour-1 for 4 years. i decided to pick up a few extra sticks, but it's VERY difficult to find that racket with 4 3/8 grip size in mid-plus size. i can only find that racket with a 4 3/8 grip but in the mid size only. should i make the switch? i think i'll be able to handle the extra heft of a mid but i want feedback.
thanks.

brownyazn
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
if you like it
and think it plays better
then you should switch

toganitu
01-26-2008, 06:24 AM
DEMO the racket first. Heft is only one of the many issues. The sweetspot size and location may vary as well. The feel and power can be very different as well. And sometimes the string pattern remains the same between the 2 sizes that may cause more variation. Case in point some will pledge allegiance to the RDX500 and can't stand its cousin MP or it other cousin HD (denser string pattern).- Or ps85 to 90.- Or Redondo Mid to MP. And in my case nFury MP to OS - They feel like day and night 2 different beasts with 2completely different spec.

Hope it helps.
Tony.

anirut
01-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi Tony, how are things going?

fuzz nation
01-26-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that someone here who used to play with the MP-1 said that the RDS 002 Tour is a similar player to that older Yonex (the midplus). You might want to look into it if you decide that you want something that's currently available.

I almost grabbed one or two of those mids on a whim last year - they look like they could be really sweet players, but I never got hold of any of them. I can say that the RDS 002 Tour is one fun racquet. I'm still getting to know the pair that I have now and I've never had a Yonex before, but this frame is a really nice performer for my all court game.