PDA

View Full Version : Which Racquet?

Hewitt Aussie
01-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok, so i will be getting a racquet soon, and i have narrowed it down to these racquets.

1) Yonex RQIS 1 Tour
2) Yonex RDS 001 ( Mid or Midplus)
3) Head microgel Prestige
4) Wilson K-Blade 98.

I am a 4.0 all-courter, and i have good groundstrokes. I am the kind of player that tries to hit the ball nice and deep, and wait for my chance to attack. I was wondering if you could tell me what racket would suit my game best. By the way, i am 5'8, and 110 lbs.

Hewitt Aussie
01-26-2008, 08:00 AM
bump......

racquet_jedi
01-26-2008, 09:58 AM
I'd say demo them if you can...

One time, I was demoing three racquets, Yonex Nanospeed RQ 7 Midplus, Wilson nSix-Two Midplus, and the Dunlop M-Fil 200 Plus...

The first two I had my eyes on were the Dunlop and the Wilson, I only chose the Yonex as a last minute decision...

When they finally came, I hit with the Dunlop and the Wilson...I didn't like them as much as the Yonex...

But, in the end, I chose the Wilson cuz it had such a bad-*** paintjob...(may not have been the best idea)

allrightguy
01-26-2008, 10:02 AM
ROFLMAO. Good call, jedi...lol.

Aussie, I have hit with two fo the frames you are interested in. The RQiS Tour 1 and the KBLAde 98. I preferrred the KBLade - it had better feel and a livelier stringbed. The best advice I can give, however, is for you to demo them yourself. I have heard good things about the RDS 001, and apparently the prestige is nice if you can handle the weight. Tell us a little bit more about your game and we can likely give better ideas, but ultimately, it comes down to which racquet feels best in YOUR hands. Choosing racquets is a subjectve process, no two players are alike and neither are two racquets. I suggest you demo and read jolly's guide on demoing.

TsongaBonga
01-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Demo, but from experience I would say the MG Prestige. I tried bats 1,3 and 4 , so I dont have a knowledge on the other.

P8ntballa
01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Ok, so i will be getting a racquet soon, and i have narrowed it down to these racquets.

1) Yonex RQIS 1 Tour
2) Yonex RDS 001 ( Mid or Midplus)
3) Head microgel Prestige
4) Wilson K-Blade 98.

I am a 4.0 all-courter, and i have good groundstrokes. I am the kind of player that tries to hit the ball nice and deep, and wait for my chance to attack. I was wondering if you could tell me what racket would suit my game best. By the way, i am 5'8, and 110 lbs.

Your kinda like a counterpuncher like hewitt so more forgiveness, spin, and controllable power is what you should look for in a stik.... With that said the blade and mg prestige (other then the prestige pro) should be takken off your list, they are built for baseline attackers and net aggressor or very aggressive players. The blade and prestige have ok spin and little power with no forgiveness for off-center shots ie you need to have a good stroke and be able to swing hard to generate pace and depth. With both Yonex stix you'll have easy access to spin (especially so with the RQiS,) pace and depth while still being under control of every aspect of your shots. The best thing about these stix and one of the main selling points for me was the fairly large sweetspot/forgiveness. I personally chose the RDS 001 mp over the RQiS because of the greater directional control a little extra pop and more forgiveness. The one thing that will stand out with the RQiS is the effortless generation of spin making deep shots easier to hit. Touch and feel were great with all. If you really want a prestige the pro model is what you should look at. Also just to throw it up the prince sp tour was a good and fun hit.

Hewitt Aussie
01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
well, im not really a counter puncher. I like to be aggressive, so if there is a racket that will help me keep my aggressive shots in, then that's good. I have a Dunlop AG300 right now, and i like it but i am getting this racket for free, and i already have 3 AG300 so i don't need another one. I cant really demo the RQIS, because all the places around me don't have it, and in TW, it is on backorder. I have a tournament next weekend so i don't want to demo in the next week, and i have to order the racket in the next week. The reason i mentioned my weight is because i do not have a lot of muscles in my shoulders, would that make me not be able to play good with the RQIS 1 Tour?

AJTx0
01-26-2008, 12:26 PM
Demo, demo, demo.

That's all you really have to do :D

racquet_jedi
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
well, im not really a counter puncher. I like to be aggressive, so if there is a racket that will help me keep my aggressive shots in, then that's good. I have a Dunlop AG300 right now, and i like it but i am getting this racket for free, and i already have 3 AG300 so i don't need another one. I cant really demo the RQIS, because all the places around me don't have it, and in TW, it is on backorder. I have a tournament next weekend so i don't want to demo in the next week, and i have to order the racket in the next week. The reason i mentioned my weight is because i do not have a lot of muscles in my shoulders, would that make me not be able to play good with the RQIS 1 Tour?

I've got a great idea, give it to me...:wink:

P8ntballa
01-29-2008, 12:19 AM

U should be able to play w/ the RQiS1 its only 12oz and I found that the spin and Isometric head provided very good consistancy. If u are really worried about weight then the much lighter Kblade 98 would be a better choice, but be forewarned it lacks spin and packs a punch (I had to revamp my stroke while testing.) I disliked the new blade because it was too light, another frame I tested from Wilson that I liked much more was the Kpro Tour, a little heavier and easier access to spin. But all in all I still loved my RDS001mp more then all of these frames.

vndesu
01-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Demo, demo, demo.

That's all you really have to do :D

YES
DEMO

ive been through many rackets.
soo muchhhh but now i found the racket.
test them out. !!!
always demo

doonbugz
01-29-2008, 04:23 AM