PDA

View Full Version : fischer pro one vs. pro extreme ft

ty slothrop
12-14-2004, 12:29 PM
who has played with both of these and can share insight? how do they compare on feel, power, maneuverability, stability, etc?

thanks,
tyrone

newbie123
12-14-2004, 02:40 PM
havent hit with the pro one..but i did hit with the pro extreme ft

It has awesome feel, great control, crisp yet soft...., very easy to manuver. The problem I have with this racquet is that its very hard to hit with. The sweetspot is very small and is unstable on off center shots. Therefore, you have to be a very clean ball striker to use this racquet. Its not underpowered, simply hard to hit with in terms of sweetspot.

NoBadMojo
12-14-2004, 03:29 PM
i've hit with both. like newbie sez the ft is a very demanding frame sweetspot wise. the pro1 has a more generous sweetspot. feelwise, they are both soft when struck in the sweetspot. the ft is more jarring when you miss and the swetspot is smaller. the ft felt slightly more maneuverable to me even though it is a little longer. the pro1 has a bit more inherent power. they both spin the ball well. the ft is more of a precise feeling make your own power control stick....if you have a big game and are a really good ball striker, you can get some confidence w. this bat because you never feel a lack of control. in typical fischer style these frames will support whatever you give them, but they really dont excel at any one thing.

Richie Rich
12-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Just finished a 2 hour match hitting with the Extreme FT. Condensed comments:
Great racquet on groundstrokes and return of serves. Excellent control and stability. Can really swing out without worrying ball is going long. Excellent feel also. Contrary to what most say, I dodn't find the sweetspot that small.
Nice volleying racquet too although rewards proper technique. Short choppy volleys produced sitters. No problem with maneuverability.
Biggest concern was serving. Couldn't get enough pop. Nice spin but had to swing like an animal to get pace. Even with the extra .4 length. Maybe b/c not used to extra length on my ball toss. I'll try again and see if I get same results.
Overall, nice solid frame. Not too heavy for a players frame (played 3 sets no probs while played with ncode 90 for 3 sets and arm almost fell off).
email me at obsess@rogers.com if you want to chat about the frame.

LafayetteHitter
12-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Guys,

I was wondering which Pro 1 we are talking about here,
could a few of you give opinions on the various versions of the Pro 1,
I have seen
Pro one FT
Pro one (2003 graphics)
Pro one that is usually stated at 12 oz.
TW carries the Ft and the Pro One, a few other places still have the 2003 graphics veresion, did Fischer simply change the graphics for one year and then switch back in 04?

Just a bit confusing about which one was the favored model in these discussions, as I remember a few people saying to stay away from other versions of the Model 1.

Scott

ty slothrop
12-15-2004, 06:00 AM
it was my impression that the 2003 pro one is the same as that of 2004, just with different graphics. anyone feel free to jump in and correct me

mackadilly
12-15-2004, 07:01 AM
ty..
Is correct the 2003 and 2004 versions are generally 320g unstrung. The only differences are the badges (white 2003/ black 2004) at 8' and 4' oclock.

I have a 2003 Pro no 1 that i will be willing to part with.

kwm_70@msn.com

hummer23
12-22-2004, 03:49 PM
i have a couple pro extreme fts and i was wondering waht kind of setupus you guys used. any lead added anywhere to make it more stable? how much and where, how did it turn out? thanks very much

Craig Sheppard
12-22-2004, 07:38 PM
hummer, I use mine plain w/ no lead, although one of mine I put a leather grip on but haven't had a chance to hit with it yet. I've used a variety of strings in them, but the best has been a natural gut hybrid at 58 lbs.

I've actually found Prince Orig. Syn gut works better than lower-end multis, but a high end string like LiveWire XP feels pretty good too. I didn't like Alpha Gut 2000 in these sticks even though I usually do like that string. Just felt a little too dead and mushy.

I've also used Ashaway Dynamite at 50 lbs as well, and that worked really well. Good pop, great durability, and didn't feel harsh at all.

Craig

hummer23
12-23-2004, 09:32 AM
thanks very much, ill give that a try. i think i can sacrifice for a couple of gut hybrids. lol its christmas maybe santa will bring me a pack of bab vs . . .