PDA

View Full Version : Head Twintube Radical MP '98 info needed....

Gabs011
01-26-2008, 03:55 AM
An acquaintance of mine said he found this racket in his garage. I don't know whether to buy it...I am searching for more info.....

I have read that the flex is around 58....seems a bit low for me....does it really play that flexy...even with a poly string?

The problem is that I cannot try it out as the guy lives abroad. So any info on this frame is much appreciated. I have used the search function but still need more info from those who have used it.

Just to clarify its the 98 black, red, silver, yellow version (NOT the zebra)....in the Midplus size.

Gabs011
01-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Must be someone out there who has some good info.......

Deuce
01-27-2008, 03:40 AM
... or you could do a search...

I found it to be a solid, stable racquet with good feel - much better than the majority of current racquets.
It's in the same league as the Pro Tour 280.

Of course, that doesn't mean that you'll like it...
Maybe you will, and maybe you won't.

If he found it in his garage, I don't imagine he'll want too much money for it...

SteveI
01-27-2008, 04:26 AM
Must be someone out there who has some good info.......

Hi,

Hope this helps..

Head Radical Tour MP

Head size: 97 sq. in. / 626 sq. cm.
Balance: 7pts Head Light
Length: 27 inches / 69 cm
Swingweight: 339
Weight: 12.2oz / 346g
Stiffness: 58 (0-100)
String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses

Regards,
Steve

Ross K
01-27-2008, 05:00 AM
If you're talking about the 1998 Rad Tour Twin Tube, you are certainly one lucky chap indeed! This version is considered by many to be the very best model (yellow, silver, red and black cosmetics) from that awesome lineage of earlier Rads (Bumblebee, Zebra, etc.) From the same mold as the Pro Tour. Unique, lush feel. Great combo of power and control (certainly not too underpowered on groundstrokes.) Baseliner's rod par excellance! Check out 'Long Live The Radicals', or Doc Hollidae (he's the the Radical man on these boards), or get busy searching.