PDA

View Full Version : Pro 1 or RDX 500MP?

chicubs
12-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Should I buy a bunch of Fischer Pro 1s or should I buy some Yonex RDX MPs?

I am an advanced high school player with an extreme western forehand.

I know I shouldnt really be asking you all for the answer, but I am really struggling to make a decision. I have to give up the demos before I can go out and hit again. Info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

NoBadMojo
12-14-2004, 04:22 PM
i think if you are strictly a baseliner, go with the Yonex, if however, you play all court, or wish to learn to play all court, then the Pro1 is the better bet. the Pro1 serves better and volleys better for most people, and is the better all court frame. the RDXMP is killer from the backcourt IMO. they both have a great feel.

chicubs
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Yah, thats sort of what I found out. Volleys/slices were better with the Pro 1 while groundies were better with the rdx...I though I got more kick on my serve with the rdx but that could have been a fluke.

Im not really an agressive player. I feel comfortable at the net, but I do stay primarily at the baseline....usually I am better though when i attack the net...should do it more often.

AAAA
12-14-2004, 04:48 PM
From my playing experience I found the RDX 500 midbetter than the Pro #1 320g version.

RDX mid is far more stable and solid feeling on off-center hits.

I hit better flat serves with the Pro #1 but the RDX mid was much better on kick serves.

I found slices much heavier with the RDX mid.

RDX mid has a bigger sweet spot so volleying is easier.

The Fischer 'feel' is however superior feeling but the Pro #1 320g is nowhere as good as the older Pro Classic which I have a few of.

AAAA
12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
My lighter players racquet of choice is now the RDX 500 mid, it was the Pro #1.

When I'm on better form I use the 330g Pro Classic.

Of all the racquets badged as 'lighter' players racquets that I have demoed the RDX 500 mid plays most like a heavier players racquet in terms of stabilty and heaviness of shot but it has the advantages of a lighter frame.

chicubs
12-14-2004, 04:59 PM
argh, the mid was also on my short-list of racquets. Its so hard to choose. I love the fischer feel, but I somehow feel like I play better with the rdxs....Dont know why i only demoed the midplus and pro 1 this time instead of the rdx500 mid.

AAAA, I also got much better kick serves with the rdx 500 mid. They were quite flithy. I am a little concerned with my strength which may lead to inconsistency with the racquet...I may end up going with the mid, who knows?

james_R
12-15-2004, 12:00 AM
I like the MP. I changed from the RDX MID due to finding it just too demanding for my level but could'nt find a good replacement. So for now the closest I have found is, obviously I suppose, the MP. It is'nt quite as good for control, but I needed the additional power more and as a S+V player, find it volleys pretty well. Overheads could be dangerous, which is cool :D I also tried the Slazenger X1, which volleys better, but unless I am really on top of my game I dont have anywhere near the confidence hitting with it from the baseline as I have with the RDX500MP. And even though I come in a lot, you're always going to have those situations where you have to stay back.

BLiND
12-15-2004, 01:50 AM
While I rate the RDX 500 Mid... I don't rate the MP... I think the Ti80 is a far better racquet.... don't know about the Fischer though.

james_R
12-15-2004, 04:03 AM
While I rate the RDX 500 Mid... I don't rate the MP... I think the Ti80 is a far better racquet.... don't know about the Fischer though.

Why's that BLiND? I must admit that when I feel very good about my tennis I prefer the Slazenger X1. I serve better with it, volley better with it, approach better with it, but it just feels a little strange at the baseline. As I said, the MP seems better from the baseline, but is more average compared to the X1 for everything else.

chicubs
12-15-2004, 01:37 PM
hmmm....only 5 to 6...Come on people, I know you all love the rdxs and some of you must have tried out the Pro 1 as well. Let yourself be heard?!...Lol.

Im leaning towards the rdx series because Im a little more comfortable at the baseline with them and thats where I play primarily....mid or midplus is another question. Im not a strong guy, but I am still strong enough to possibly play D1, so I think the ability to hit with a mid, but Im not quite sure...oh well, its soon time for me to decide.