PDA

View Full Version : Pro Kennex and Production Spec Consistency

GuyPerez
12-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Is Pro Kennex known for its tight production specs???

I recently moved to the Ki 15 PSE after a two week demo and now own two of my own.

Here is how they weighed on the same scale.

Demo = 11.8oz strung with overgrip and dampener.

One bought week before last week at TW = 11.8oz strung, with overgrip and dampener.

One received today from TW = 11.8oz strung, with overgrip and dampener.

They are all exactly the same weight! My Dunlop 300G's varied by as much as .5 oz.

Is this Pro Kennex consistency a coincidence, or just normal for them?

NoBadMojo
12-14-2004, 03:57 PM
hi guy. what is important is how they feel to you and if they hit the same. imo static weight is the least important spec. balance and swingweight are the things most people can more easily feel.i remember you..you're one of the samrtguys who didnt buy into the meaningless 'players frame' mentality ;)..enjoy your new bat. dont know how tight thePK specs usually are.

GuyPerez
12-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Hello Ed. Well the demo and the first purchase feel the same for sure. I just strung the new one up today, so I will know soon. "Player's Frame" whatever. At 11.8 oz, 105 sq. inch and 25 mm beam, I am happy as a clam.

That aside, I will still be excited to see the offerings from 'racketdesign' and his Vantage line. I hear there is some buzz across the pond on this upstart and his custom concept.

NoBadMojo
12-14-2004, 05:47 PM
indeed..i bet racquetdesign will come up w. something solid and void of gimmicks.......i think there's room for that..kind of a semi custom line?hmmmm

leigh
12-15-2004, 07:56 AM
Several years ago I bought 3-5g's. The variance from lightest to heaviest was 3 grams; 317-319. (unstrung); balance was the same.

leigh
12-15-2004, 07:57 AM
I guess that is really 2 grams.

Steve Huff
12-15-2004, 01:22 PM
I have 4 5g's bought at different times. They were all within .1 oz also. Actually, 3 weighed exactly the same in oz and grams. The 4th weighed only 2 or 3 grams more (which made it register .1 oz more on the postal scale). They all had the same balance point. Some of the older (pre-2001) were not as precise. They'll be a major player in the future I think.