PDA

View Full Version : I've Narrowed It Down Once Again

danniflava
12-14-2004, 03:56 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/viewtopic.php?t=24794

(Type the above link in into your address bar to review what I was talking about a couple weeks ago.)

Okay, I'm back, and I have a great new thinking process of what I want my next racquet to be. Here are my next set of possible choices:

1) Wilson N6 Midplus
*2) Prince Tour Diablo Mid/Midplus
3) Prince Shark Midplus

I decided to take out the Yonex RDX 500 Midplus because it didn't seem right for me. From reading all of the comments on this particular racquet on this message board, I feel like I need to put all my effort into every shot to get a good racquet out of the RDX 500. I think that this racquet may be a little too high in skill level (seeing as I am only 3.5-4.0) for me, and I may not be able to add the power that I need, or take full advantage of control that this racquet offers.

I also decided to take out the Yonex V-Con 17 Oversize because (1) I won't be able to demo it (because Tennis Warehouse unfortuneately doesn't offer the demo program in Canada), and because it also seems to have more flaws in the making of the racquet, and not enough power for me.

I am still debating the Prince Tour Diablo Mid/Midplus because it may not have enough power for me, but I think that if I get used to it, I will get a better understanding of how much force I need to put some good smack on it. It seems like a very solid racquet.

The Prince Shark is a lot like my Wilson H6 Midplus, as it is very powerful, very in-your-face-smack-your-mama-good. I will definitely be demoing it when I get the chance.

The Wilson N6 Midplus has really grown on me in the last few weeks. I like it more than I did when I posted my previous topic. It seems to have great power, it's a little heavier than my H6 which means that it's also a little more stable, the look of the racquet is great, and I feel that it is my #1 choice thus far.

I hope everybody has a chance to read all of this and give me as much input as you can!

Thanks. Danniflava.

[/url]

Redflea
12-14-2004, 04:33 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like you might be confusing the RDX 500 Mid Plus and RDX 500 Mid.

Anyway, if you don't feel you're up to the RDX Mid, you should drop the Dialbo Mid from your list as well.

Of the others, only hit w/the Diablo Mid Plus, and found it too dampened down for my tastes...didn't get great feedback from the racquet. It did provide plenty of power, and aside from the muted feeling I enjoyed hitting with it.

monologuist
12-14-2004, 04:33 PM
a possible compromise between the Shark and Diablo might be :
Wilson Surge 5.1
Prokennex Heritage Laver Type "S"
Yonex MP Tour-5 (if you think you can play with a 27.5" stick)

I play the Yonex personally and love it. It's similar to the Diablo but a little more pop. I would definitely recommend applying 1.5 grams of lead tape on both sides of the racquet @ 3 an 9 o'clock to get the best performance out of it though. I am thinking of cutting one of my Yonexes down to 27.25" too, to see if it would be a good compromise.

My second favorite out of all of these is the Wilson Surge 5.1 or Surge X (27.5" version), with the Prokennex a close third (very similar to Surge)

danniflava
12-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Not sure, but it sounds like you might be confusing the RDX 500 Mid Plus and RDX 500 Mid.

Anyway, if you don't feel you're up to the RDX Mid, you should drop the Dialbo Mid from your list as well.

Of the others, only hit w/the Diablo Mid Plus, and found it too dampened down for my tastes...didn't get great feedback from the racquet. It did provide plenty of power, and aside from the muted feeling I enjoyed hitting with it.

Well, I'm definitely not going to buy the RDX 500 Mid or Midplus. Thanks for your advice on the Diablo Mid, I think I may need a larger head size in the Midplus anyway.

Also, I might not be able to demo the Diablo, so I still don't know.