PDA

View Full Version : Wilson K Factor KSix-One 95 (16x18) vs. WILSON NCODE SIX ONE

andymac1
01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I wanted to buy another k factor ksix-one, but the ncode version re really cheap lately. I was wondering it there is much of a difference between the two?

Duzza
01-26-2008, 07:38 PM
k95 is stiffer which I didn't enjoy that much. The k95 was also incredibly powerful I found. Uncontrollably powerful to be honest for me. I found myself hitting shots a metre out that would usually be perfect. I chose the nSix-One 95 because it is just a better racquet for my game. I can serve well with it while retaining very good groundstroke form. The volley potential is also really great for me.

In short, YOU have to demo both, but I disliked the new k95. The price of the n95 also helps :D

FuriousYellow
01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
May I ask where you found them so cheap? I'm hoping to pick up a couple more to tide me over until the next version of the 6.1 is released in a few years.

I demoed the K version and it was too stiff for my liking. The nCode has a nice medium stiffness. Not too stiff, but not too flexy either. I've played it with gut/poly hybrid and full poly and it plays comfortably with both and I've had a previous bout with TE.

The K was noticeably heavier to swing too. If you can handle the increased stiffness and SW, it probably has more plow-through than the nCode.

Duzza
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm not sure if that question was directed at me, but I found them in the FS section. Guy was selling 3 for 180 shipped to Australia.

andymac1
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I was just checking out some nice used ones on ****. I wactually decided to buy the ncode six-one 95 after I demoed it yesterday. It was 65$ in total. Was in great shape too.