PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever leaded up a liquid metal radical

mattyc
01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I have the option of getting 4 of these insanely cheap. I am currently using the prestige lm and like it a lot. i am searching for new rackets and was wondering if i weighted these radicals up to around 350g, would they feel nice?> some rackets cannot take that much extra load on the frame and play awful. has anyone had any experience customising this bat??

cheers guys

crazy8tiger
01-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm not sure about 350, but I added 5 grams to each to the 3 and 9 o'clock to bump it up to 328. Gave me more stability and I'm having no problems.

Bud
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I have the option of getting 4 of these insanely cheap. I am currently using the prestige lm and like it a lot. i am searching for new rackets and was wondering if i weighted these radicals up to around 350g, would they feel nice?> some rackets cannot take that much extra load on the frame and play awful. has anyone had any experience customising this bat??

cheers guys

Slap a leather grip on it and some CAP grommets. That will put a little beyond 12 oz. It's a great stick for customizing.

Bud
01-26-2008, 06:20 PM

cheers guys

If you don't buy them let me know who is selling them insanely cheap :)

toughshot
01-26-2008, 06:54 PM
lol ditto :]

are CAP grommets the large ones that are used w/ the prestiges?

OnyxZ28
01-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes they are.

Bud
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
lol ditto :]

are CAP grommets the large ones that are used w/ the prestiges?

And they are a very tight fit on the Radical :shock: I had to cut each of the two side pieces and stick them on in 4 parts... plus the throat piece.

I'd like to hear from someone who has gotten Mid+ Prestige CAPs to fit on a Radical without cutting them. I don't think it's possible. Whereas, installing them on the PT280 was cake.

Photoshop
01-26-2008, 11:55 PM
I have them leaded up in the throat area and under the grip. just like Ivanovic, but not b/c she does it, I've placed lead tapes in all diff. areas and I liked it best in the throat area. mine weighs around 12oz and I suppose the balance didn't change much if at all with a small amount of lead under the grip.

overall very solid racket.

OnyxZ28
01-27-2008, 12:24 AM
And they are a very tight fit on the Radical :shock: I had to cut each of the two side pieces and stick them on in 4 parts... plus the throat piece.

I'd like to hear from someone who has gotten Mid+ Prestige CAPs to fit on a Radical without cutting them. I don't think it's possible. Whereas, installing them on the PT280 was cake.

My Ti.Raf MP has i.Prestige CAPS on it -- no cutting needed.

katastrof
01-27-2008, 01:28 AM

cheers guys

I think most people here playing with the radicals beef them up a bit. Mine have about an ounce of lead, half under the trap door and half around 3 & 9 o'clock, plus some at 10&2. That brings it to about 350g, and increases the (re-calculated) swingweight to 350. Very very very solid racquet & I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Bud
01-27-2008, 02:09 AM
My Ti.Raf MP has i.Prestige CAPS on it -- no cutting needed.

How about the LM Radical? I swear there is no way to get the CAPs on the racquet without cutting them.

nickb
01-27-2008, 03:01 AM
How about the LM Radical? I swear there is no way to get the CAPs on the racquet without cutting them.

You can use Euro I Prestige MP XL CAPs...they will fit without any cutting.

Nick

abenguyen
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Nick

exactly, look around. i have sets that i use on mine. i used to just put lead tape at 3 and 9 and in the handle. felt good then but i have CAP's now

mattyc
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
thanks for the response.

how much additional weight do the cap grommets add? can someone link me up to the exact ones i need as i have no idea what i am looking for???

with all this extra weight, it wont be too powerful will it?

mattyc
01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
i forgot to mention i am using a single lm prestige which i like a lot but cannot buy it anywhere for a decent price so am attempting to recreate something similar with these customised radicals

katastrof
01-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I used the CAPs on my iRadicals before.

With the LM Radical, I had the hardest time putting in its own grommets in place, so I can't even imagine what a pain it'll be to install CAPs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't try. The racquet is fine without them.

Bud
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM

Nick

Thanks for the info.

Was the Euro iPrestige MP XL racquet slightly larger than the American version of the iPrestige MP?

Where's the best place to find these CAPs?

abenguyen
01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
thanks for the response.

how much additional weight do the cap grommets add? can someone link me up to the exact ones i need as i have no idea what i am looking for???

with all this extra weight, it wont be too powerful will it?

i don't think its too powerful. i think its more stable. strung with a good poly it plays great. i don't the specific weight but its a good amount compared to normal grommets

katastrof
01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
how much additional weight do the cap grommets add?

If I remember correctly, CAPs are about 12 grams heavier than the regular set.