PDA

View Full Version : What State has the best tennis stores ?

AndrewD
12-14-2004, 05:41 PM
My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the States and I thought I could tie it in with some sneaky trips to a few tennis stores. Hate paying a premium for tennis racquets etc here in Australia so want to take full advantage of the lower prices in America. Just need to know where to go.

We havent settle on which coast we'll be visiting although most likely it'll be West.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

MARK ANDERS
12-17-2004, 04:38 PM
If you are in Los Angeles check out The Racket Doctor in Glendale (north LA)

Brian Purdie
01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
definately southern CALIFORNIA! it's the U.S. haven of tennis. Florida rules the east coast.

NoBadMojo
01-03-2005, 05:19 PM
HOw about good ole Tennis Warehouse? I think they have a showroom and retail location right at their faclity.

robkat
01-04-2005, 05:28 AM
In the Washington DC area.. The Tennis Factory in Arlington Va, is a great place, on the expensive side but well worth the quality service you receive. It's just a short ride on the Metro from the Mall.
In NYC ******* Sports at 867 Broadway, although a "sporting goods store" has a great selection of Tennis needs and equipment.

el_mago
01-04-2005, 11:38 AM
definately southern CALIFORNIA! it's the U.S. haven of tennis. Florida rules the east coast.

Florida does rule the east coast. Florida is also a tennis haven of the U.S. You can play all year round. We have a numerous number of great tennis stores all across the state. Check out the East Coast :mrgreen:. If you decide on traveling to the west coast of the country, definitely go to California.

Rickson
01-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Florida's the place to be for tennis.

SpetsnazOp
01-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Holabi rd Sports. Google it, they have stores in DC. Cheapest brick and mortar prices I have ever seen combined with the best service

schaefferm46
01-09-2005, 06:54 AM
In bellevue(right out of seattle) check out zachs tennis. Big plasma screen showing the tennis channel all day.

reynolds10s
01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I like Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Van der Meer has two tennis shops that I check out every time I'm down there and they have real good deals on clothes. Plus they're a factory outlet mall just over the bridge, that has a Nike Outlet.

If you're interested in staying there we have some nice condos for rent there!
Check our website: https://home.comcast.net/~reynolds10s/hhi/index.htm.

Joyce

ej
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
ray-co in san diego.

gmlasam
02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
SoCal is the best for tennis in western USA. We have all year round sunshine!! We also have public courts practically in every public park!!!

t.vo408
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Hey I'm here visiting in Santa Ana, CA and haven't found any tennis stores yet (although im not looking very hard, on vacate). Any suggestions? Stopped by a ********* but they didn't even have a tennis section!

Thanks!