PDA

View Full Version : what would I notice if i swapped from a pdr to the following ones?

kimba
01-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Iam a baseliner who rarely comes to the net.I play on hardcourts and clay.
I have used the pure drive roddick before and iam familiar with it.
what would i notice going from the pdr to the:
wilson k factor 90 like federer
prince 03 tour
prince ozone pro tour
how would each of these racquets compare to the pdr?

herosol
01-26-2008, 09:02 PM
from my opinion based on hitting with PDR, All Sizes of the O3 Tours, and the K90.

The O3 and K90, definetely are more stable, and don't have that "hollowness" of the PDR. Although the O3 has pretty massive spin, for me, it was spin with control (due to low flex), while the PDR is more of heavy spin with power (70's stiffness). The K90 on groundstrokes, can give good topspin, but it is better for just solid hitting with TOO much spin (although this debatable depending on your swingpath).

Definetely the biggest thing is PDR has the greatest serve potential, while the K90 and O3 can serve well, I feel this is another one of those personal preference things. Though I believe with the PDR, if you don't have the amazing racket headspeed, it can help out alot.

So here's prety much it:

Going from PDR -----> K90: Less Spin, Less Forgiving, Predictableness, Stableness, Classical Wilson feel, Control

Going from PDR -----> O3 Tour: Although It may very from the headsizes, you will be granted with same amount of spin, with more control, Very Muted Feel, Stability, Increase in Frame Flex (If i remember low 60's versus 70)

kimbahpnam
01-26-2008, 09:44 PM
i second what herosol said about the K90. I made the switch from K90 to PDR and now looking for something more like the K90. The PDR is definitely more hollow and doesn't hit through the ball as well as the K90 because of the weight and density of the frame. The PDR gives a powerful serve though.