PDA

View Full Version : Yonex Rqis 1 Tour vs Kblade?

brownie808
01-27-2008, 01:27 AM
So I played with a Yonex Rqis 1 Tour and my brother loved it. Before he went back to college i decided to give him the Yonex as a gift. I thought switching back to my k90 was going to be ok, but it feels terrible. I've decided to buy another racquet, but since i have the opportunity to buy one, im stuck between another Yonex Rqis Tour 1 or a Kblade ( Tour or 98 ). Anyone have a comparison? thanks!

AlpineCadet
01-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Not much I can say, since I had a very short play test with them. But the RQIS 1 (strung at middle tension) felt more solid and powerful compared to the kBlade 98 (strung at max tension with k-gut pro.) But the kBlade was my favorite, probably because it doesn't have the Isometric shaped head ;)

brownie808
01-27-2008, 01:40 AM
Not much I can say, since I had a very short play test with them. But the RQIS 1 (strung at middle tension) felt more solid and powerful compared to the kBlade 98 (strung at max tension with k-gut pro.) But the kBlade was my favorite, probably because it doesn't have the Isometric shaped head ;)

haha thanks man, once i started hitting the k90, i wished i didnt give the yonex away. thats ok though, my brother deserved it more than me, since hes been playing with a wilson hammer 115 sq in for a whole year.

another question to add also. Is the kblade 98 and Tour more like the yonex, or more like the k90?

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 11:33 AM
iv written one like this at this, kblade vs rqis 1 look at the comments!!!

Hewitt Aussie
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM
what's your playing level and what is your brothers playing level? Im loking at these 2 rackets also.

brownie808
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
im a 3.5 and my bro is a 3.0.

JediMindTrick
01-28-2008, 07:44 AM
Go with the Yonex because it's actually used by some pros so it has to be good.

josef
01-28-2008, 08:05 AM
im a 3.5 and my bro is a 3.0.

kblade hands down. players racquets, in my opinion, will only cripple you until you are at least a 4.0-4.5. i tried heavier racquets and i ended up playing worse- don't get me wrong, they are fun to own and practice with, but once the match begins, you will notice the weight bigtime. the kblade is lighter but still has a lil pop and has great feel and control. i use the nblade currently but i am about to make the switch to the kblade 98 after i just had a very successful demo with it.

i haven't tried the kblade tour yet, but i hope to get my hands on one next week.. :)

etd
01-28-2008, 10:46 AM
josef, in your opinion, what improvements does the k blade have over the n blade. Thanks!

AlpineCadet
01-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Go with the Yonex because it's actually used by some pros so it has to be good.
A lot of the pros also use(d) the ps85/Prestige Classic/Prince Original Graphite. Maybe he should consider them as well. :)

brownie808
01-28-2008, 04:16 PM
My local tennis shop owner called me this morning telling me that they got the kblades in. Im planning to ask them if i could demo them before making my decision, because i want to buy a racquet that suits my game, not just looks sexy :)

P8ntballa
01-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I have experiance w/ the kblade 98 and tour and the RQiS 1. I liked the yonex more no comp against the blade 98 while packing some controllable power its lack of spin and feather light weight just turnned me off. Compared to the blade tour I still liked the RQiS more, it had a little more pop and way more spin good for a baseline attacker and, enen w/ its heavier weight, was just as maneuverable at net as the blade tour. When hitting w/ the blade tour I noticed a couple things 1:great feel more then the RQiS 2: spin half as much as I got from the RQiS and 3:little power not much diff from the RQiS but shows on serves. The blade tour in my opinion really shines as a serve and volley stik w/ great touch and feel if you can provide on serve, while the RQiS is a much better for a baseline attacker who loves to hit hard penetrting shots with spin forcing an error or opening up a mid-court or net putaway shot.

Out of all these stix I liked the RQiS 1 Tour the best... hope this helped good luck!!!

AlpineCadet
01-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I have experiance w/ the kblade 98 and tour and the RQiS 1. I liked the yonex more no comp against the blade 98 while packing some controllable power its lack of spin and feather light weight just turnned me off. Compared to the blade tour I still liked the RQiS more, it had a little more pop and way more spin good for a baseline attacker and, enen w/ its heavier weight, was just as maneuverable at net as the blade tour. When hitting w/ the blade tour I noticed a couple things 1:great feel more then the RQiS 2: spin half as much as I got from the RQiS and 3:little power not much diff from the RQiS but shows on serves. The blade tour in my opinion really shines as a serve and volley stik w/ great touch and feel if you can provide on serve, while the RQiS is a much better for a baseline attacker who loves to hit hard penetrting shots with spin forcing an error or opening up a mid-court or net putaway shot.

Out of all these stix I liked the RQiS 1 Tour the best... hope this helped good luck!!!

The kBlade swung a lot easier for me, and the SW was very easy to handle. I had pretty decent strokes, and felt that I could hit out with the frame. The RQIS just felt like a racket made by children, paid by Yonex. :T

P8ntballa
02-02-2008, 12:00 AM
The kBlade swung a lot easier for me, and the SW was very easy to handle. I had pretty decent strokes, and felt that I could hit out with the frame. The RQIS just felt like a racket made by children, paid by Yonex. :T

Thats because of the odd frame taipering ie 18-25-21 w/out a damp the stik creates loads of vibrations but its 12.1oz weight (w/ damp and overgrip) made it much more stable

josef
02-02-2008, 08:08 AM
josef, in your opinion, what improvements does the k blade have over the n blade. Thanks!

they are Very similar.. but the kblade feels more crisp (more solid), and has slightly more pop.. both are great, but the kblade feels better to me. hope this helps.. :)

kfactor/all/the/WAY!
02-02-2008, 09:40 AM
i tried the rqis 1 and i got no power of it. it has an awesome paint job. that racquet just pulls out insane spin andslices that are deadly. the controll is so precise also. that was a cool demo racquet though, but not my racquet