PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful control racquet?

JacKKyKung
01-27-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm looking for new stick which give me more control, stability, softer. I'm using APD which hurt my wrist a lot. I've tried to add lead, yes better stability, but stiffness can't be reduced. I'm only 110 pounds(50 kg) body weight, 3.5-4 rating, baseline defensive player. Need suggestion for more control racquet espacially softer racquet which most powerful, get me?

Thanks.

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 04:53 AM
try a 100sq+ head for power,maybe a k zen? im not an expert but its a 103sq head which means a bit more power?

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
K ZEN IS GOOD FOR A 4.0 + PLAYER
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-KZEN.html

JacKKyKung
01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks Domstar7, but Kzen is too stiff & more powerful than my current stick.

More details
I'm spinny, 2HBH, prefer standard lenght.

Thanks guys.

suppawat
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Hmmmm, spin-friendly and 2HBH... there are 2 options off the top of my head now.
1. Wilson nBlade OS. The stiffness is < 60 and it has rock solid feel. There are not many available in Bangkok now.
2. Prince Original Graphite OS. Classic feel, stable and comfortable.

Alafter
01-27-2008, 08:41 AM
From experience:

POG OS, Nblade OS.

From specs reading and nerding out on TT:

LM Radicals, MP and OS--apparently these are the most powerful flexy specwise sticks in my memories of reading this board. Every other power thing is usually with stiffer built.

Pro Kennex Kinetic 5G
O3 white and subsequen versions

meowmix
01-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Doesn't answer your question, but the most powerful "control" frame is the PDR.

To answer your question, you may want to consider the Wilson n6-1 95. Its power comes strictly from massive plow through. It's a bit heavy, but if you've got decent muscles, you should be fine.

Another possible choice would be something like a LM Radical. Very powerful, but not that stiff(for me). Some have experienced TE with the radical, but it seemed fine to me.

ChocolatePie
01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
I was going to say the Pure Control or Pure Storm....but when you said your wrist was hurting I wasn't too sure.

Actually, the Pure Storm might not be too bad.

TsongaBonga
01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Any Radical model from head. I would recommend the MG.

anirut
01-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Mate, if your wrist hurts then you're using improper technique. No racket can help your wrist if you continue playing with improper technique. Serious.

Call me if you wish. How 'bout playing on the Sunday after the Chinese New Year week?

Maris
01-27-2008, 10:34 AM
I hope the most powerful control racquet will be BB 11 mid. I hope it has bigger sweetspot and even more power than DNX 10 mid

JacKKyKung
01-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Mate, if your wrist hurts then you're using improper technique. No racket can help your wrist if you continue playing with improper technique. Serious.

Call me if you wish. How 'bout playing on the Sunday after the Chinese New Year week?

Thanks bro'. I'd like to add more practice while looking for new stick.

I'll call you later this weekend.

Thanks for all replied. I've just decided some choices. Thanks again.

Bad pronation hurt my hip today :cry: OMG! It's hurt!

JacKKyKung
01-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Hmmmm, spin-friendly and 2HBH... there are 2 options off the top of my head now.
1. Wilson nBlade OS. The stiffness is < 60 and it has rock solid feel. There are not many available in Bangkok now.
2. Prince Original Graphite OS. Classic feel, stable and comfortable.

I'm really interest your POG :) but its grip size too big (Suppawat's POG).

anirut
01-27-2008, 06:04 PM

Bad pronation hurt my hip today :cry: OMG! It's hurt!

What the hell were you doing on the court ??? Your hip hurts ??? :shock::shock::shock:

Alafter
01-27-2008, 07:38 PM
What the hell were you doing on the court ??? Your hip hurts ??? :shock::shock::shock:

Banging balls.

Alafter
01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
And where is our local getogether hmm anirut? HMMM?

JacKKyKung
01-28-2008, 01:04 AM
What the hell were you doing on the court ??? Your hip hurts ??? :shock::shock:

There's something like gummy sh*t one on the court(Chula's court:evil:). When i was going on open stance BH, it locked my left foot on the ground while i was twisting my hip, get it?

กึก! Sounds like it HURT???:cry:

JacKKyKung
01-28-2008, 01:09 AM
Banging balls.

I can do that with my weapon which next to my hip, my personal stick.:-D:-D:-D

But i still need some powerful control racquet.:mrgreen:

tzinc
01-28-2008, 01:33 AM
APDC?

Maybe your grip is too big?

JacKKyKung
01-28-2008, 01:46 AM
APDC?

Maybe your grip is too big?

How was it effect on my game? Need some explanation, please.

Many peoples suggest APDC to me, you too. Many reviewer said that APDC is less feel than APD, how do you think? I've never tried it, and there's no DEMO APDC in my area.

anirut
01-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Tell you what, use my head-expanded JK Autograph ... that'll solve ANY tennis-related problem ... HAHA.