PDA

View Full Version : To: NoBadMojo RE: Review

louis netman
12-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Thank you for your descriptive review of the four rackets which included the PK5i. In this review one gets the impression that the PK is 1) much stiffer than the others in the comparison, and 2) stiffer than the old PK 5g.

The flex specs for the 5i on TW are listed at 61, which is fairly similar to the comparison rackets, and quite a bit more flexy than the old 5g (listed at 65). I'm wondering if you happened to demo a "spec discrepant," unusually stiff sample racket or if the new technolgy just makes the frames play a heck of alot stiffer. I'm concerned because, being the arm sufferer that I am, I was excited to hear about kinetic (no gimmick) technology incorporated into a more flexy racket...

Thanx for reading...

mary fierce
12-15-2004, 06:34 AM
In another thread on this board, a rep from ProKennex writes that the new racquets are essentially the old racquets with a presumably more effective Kinetic set-up. So I wouldn't expect the flex to be much different, if at all.

NoBadMojo
12-15-2004, 06:53 AM
hi louis. i dont think you would think the Ki5 to be stiff and it should be kind to your arm. make sure the swingweight is usable for you and give it a demo. if too heavy for you, that can be bad for you arm as well. i think the stiffness is similar to the 5g.i cant remember the other frames i reviewed along with the Ki5..the Ki5 is stiffer feeling than what I am used to, but certainly not stiff by todays standards..it certainly doesnt play soft by my estimation. i dont know if the moving stuff makes the frame play stiffer than the stiffness number indicates. give it a try..it's a sweet frame i think