PDA

View Full Version : wilson k blade 98 vs wilson k blade tour (93sq) vs wilson k blade team (104sq)

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 04:08 AM
which do you prefer???

Alexander Antares
01-27-2008, 10:10 AM
which do you prefer???

I've just bought K blade 98 and i think it's very good, if you dont care more stiffness and weight, I think Tour is good too.

For me 98 is the good one for Stiffness, not too much, not too less, and an good headsize.

And it's very beautiful.

I've really enjoyed playing with it on saturday !

kungfusmkim
01-27-2008, 10:11 AM
i prefer the team it has a more of a unique blend of loks to it then the other kblades. It also looks like a tiger XD. 104 is good for me since im using a 101 sqin N4mp right now so go Kblade Team

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 10:28 AM
i thought it looked like a tiger!!
but i like the patern on the k blade tour but i want a 98sq head :(

i dont like the big sploges of white on the team and i dont like the 2 sploges of white on the 98 but hey its only a racket!

DomStar7
01-27-2008, 11:54 AM
add more comments

TheShaun
01-27-2008, 03:01 PM
which do you prefer???

did you give your own thread 5 stars?

never used either racquet, no comment.

soggyramen
01-27-2008, 04:23 PM
so far i really like the kblade 98 this time it had a better mix of power and control. it's like an advanced tweener and i quite like it so far.

DC Tennis Fan
01-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I have the K Blade Team. It's incredible. I can hit the crap out of the ball from the baseline and keep the ball deep and even paint the sidelines. This racquet has so much control. The 104 headsize is really forgiving too. My hitting partner asked what has gotten into me. The K Blade Team definitely instills a lot of confidence on groundstrokes, approach shots and serves. It's decent for volleys too because of it's lighter weight.

sargeinaz
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
I finally saw the KBlade 98 in person and I must say it is very sharp in person. I may pick one up if I can get it at a discount. A couple things I noticed however is that the head size is slightly smaller and narrower than I expected. I noticed this when I compared it to my MG Prestige MidPlus. Did anyone else notice this about the head of the KBlade 98? I also noticed that the grip was kind of short. Anyways, I am looking forward to hitting with the racket, it's a looker for sure.
________
Maine dispensary (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

DomStar7
01-30-2008, 06:26 AM
thanks and no i didnt give my own 5 stars.:)

KFwinds
01-30-2008, 08:24 AM
I have the K Blade Team. It's incredible. I can hit the crap out of the ball from the baseline and keep the ball deep and even paint the sidelines. This racquet has so much control. The 104 headsize is really forgiving too. My hitting partner asked what has gotten into me. The K Blade Team definitely instills a lot of confidence on groundstrokes, approach shots and serves. It's decent for volleys too because of it's lighter weight.

I was able to demo the KBlade Team a few nights ago, and I agree; this is an amazing racquet. I actually expected to like this one the least because of the headsize, length, and weight, but when I got it out there on the court I couldn't miss. The power level was just about right as well. I think it plays pretty similar to the Head Flexpoint Heat or the Prince Tour Diablo MP; although I think the KBlade Team is more stable and has more control than the Diablo. I hit with the KPro Tour (96) as well and liked the KBlade Team better; I am seriously considering a switch to this frame from my O3 Tours...

Question: has anyone hit with both the KBlade Team and the nBlade OS (106)? I never bothered to hit with the nBlade (106) when it was out because the specs turned me off - now I wish I had!

TravelinMan
01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I got to demo several racquets this past weekend including the KBlade Team. Of the racquets that I tried (Head Microgel Radical Pro and Team, Yonex RDS001 and 002 Tour, Volkl DNX 8 and 10, Kblade team, and my own SP Tour), I really liked the KBlade team the best, even over my own SP Tour. Serves and volleys were very impressive, groundies were a bit long but the power was great and could be dialed in. The Tour is too small a head for me and the midplus KBlade was not available to try. My son who is a good junior tournament player really liked the KBlade Tour.

So did I buy one. NO. I went back to my SP Black, put some multi string in it, and played two good matches with it. I will try the KBlade team again on a longer demo and in match conditions. To those that asked, I have demoed both of the nBlades but never liked either racquet. Perhaps a bit too flexible, the KBlade team does feel stiffer than the nBlade.

My 2 cents.

carguy
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Question: has anyone hit with both the KBlade Team and the nBlade OS (106)? I never bothered to hit with the nBlade (106) when it was out because the specs turned me off - now I wish I had!

kblade team feels totally different than the nblade os. kbt is lighter and much more maneuverable than the nbos but kbt vibrates more and is less stable at impact (demo was strung with sensation at 57#). it wasn't great on serves either . too bad because i really wanted to like this racquet. i prefer the nb os and radical team racquets.

however, i was pleasantly surprised by the kb 98. compared to the nb mp, it was more maneuverable and had more pop. i'll going to try them again tomorrow (adding 20 grams to the yoke of the kbt) of but i'm leaning towards the kb98.

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
can't wait to try both of them, they arrive in nz next week, i'll let you know the one i prefer

hyogen
02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
i think that the kblade 98 feels a little too snappy. not very solid. the beam design is very narrow if you know what i mean ;o

i was hitting pretty well with it, nonetheless. just didn't like it as much as my prestige classic's solid feel.

Ashanti
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
I own a k blade team as well as my brother we play alot of mixed doubles. and the k blade team offers control and power and decent amount of spin. i think this racket gets looked over alot due to its head size, and also gets labeled a chick stick. The k blade team is a really amazing racket i also tried the k blade 98 i felt it wasnt great on serve which is my strong point, then i switched it out with the team and the team i think out shines the k blade 98 as far as groundstrokes,serve,volley,return.

Sweet-Spot
03-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I picked up a K Blade tour 93 and its head heavy as a sledgehammer. Nice racket but could not control the ball at all (I play money tournaments), going to look for a trade for the KBlade 98 that seems more up my alley.