PDA

View Full Version : Kpro Open vs KPro Tour

srvnvly
01-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Has anyone tried both of these new racquets? I used to use the Babolat PDC and it shredded my elbow and forearm; the Kpro Open looks like a good and less stiff replacement, but am intrigued by the specs of the KPro Tour.

I appreciate your feedback, and YES, I did do a search and did not find any matching threads.

Racer41c
02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Has anyone tried both of these new racquets? I used to use the Babolat PDC and it shredded my elbow and forearm; the Kpro Open looks like a good and less stiff replacement, but am intrigued by the specs of the KPro Tour.

I appreciate your feedback, and YES, I did do a search and did not find any matching threads.

I'm demoing both of these right now. For some reason, I just can't come to grips with the Tour. The head just feels un-stable to me. I'm not what you'd call an "accurate" hitter so that has something to do with it. Every time I pick it up and hit for 10 mins, I put it back down for the Open.

The Open is a very nice racquet. Even with it's low swing weight, it's still very stable. The ups would be net play, ability to place shots and crazy spin on serve. Returning requires more of a stroke than I'm used to, but I like to swing anyway. The only down would be the ability to take over a point from the baseline, which I used to be able to do with the O3 white.

So in my opinion, it's a great doubles stick, not so much for baseliners.