PDA

View Full Version : Donnay Pro One - what would be similar today ??

jd1966
12-15-2004, 06:39 AM
I haven't played reguarly for about 7 or 8 years and have recently started to play once or twice a week - I'm probably about a 3.0 right now. I am playing with a Prince Attitude but yesterday I hit with my old Donnay Pro One (Aggassi's old racquet) and it felt great. Is there anything out now, with todays higher tech, that would compare to the old Donnay Pro One ??

Datacipher
12-15-2004, 05:40 PM
I played with the Pro One once upon a time. Of course the POG is similar as the Pro One was designed for Agassi who was switchign from a POG.

As for newer racquets well the obvious choice would be the Head Radicals. The older the Radical model...the more like the Pro One. The original Radical was quite similar(I also used it)...the Ti Rad, I rad, LM rad....are lighter and more powerful. Still, I find switching between them relatively easy.

Of course it depends on what exactly you liked about the PRO one...while those raquets are similar...they are stiffer and lighter...so they don't have quite that old time feeling. But then...if you want that old time feeling in a great frame...just go buy a POG!

OnyxZ28
12-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Also, the original Pure Control was based off of the Pro One mid mold, but I gather you're looking for the OS.

Datacipher
12-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Also, the original Pure Control was based off of the Pro One mid mold, but I gather you're looking for the OS.

Is that a fact Onyx? I remember reading that once here...but never looked into it. It seems strange because because the racquets are totally different arent' they? Width, frame shape etc?

thomas martinez
12-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Yes it is a fact, the original Pure Controls were nto sold here in the US. They originally started off with a 16 x 18 pattern, exactly as i the Pro One, then moved on to a 18 x 20 pattern. THen the Woofer frames came, and the whole frame changed for the Pure Control

drakulie
12-16-2004, 06:39 AM
If you like the way you play with the Donnay Pro One, why not just keep using it?

Datacipher
12-18-2004, 08:41 PM
Yes it is a fact, the original Pure Controls were nto sold here in the US. They originally started off with a 16 x 18 pattern, exactly as i the Pro One, then moved on to a 18 x 20 pattern. THen the Woofer frames came, and the whole frame changed for the Pure Control

Interesting! I did not realize the original incarnations were so different. Didn't know the evolution. Thanks for the info.

Datacipher

Interesting! I did not realize the original incarnations were so different. Didn't know the evolution. Thanks for the info.

Datacipher

moosryan
12-19-2004, 08:42 AM
echo....echo...