PDA

View Full Version : Winter X

samej07
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
Anybody here other than myself fans of the Winter X Games.

If so, what do you guys think so far?

Max Winther
01-27-2008, 01:47 PM
I love winter x, looking forward to the mens superpipe final tonight!
how about that skier x course? that second to last jump caused so many skiers to get injured.

i liked the big air competitions, as it was pretty informal and the fans got to vote for the winner.

samej07
01-27-2008, 02:13 PM
i like big air too. the guys just seem to go out and have fun. they dont take it extremely seriously.

did you just see the monoskier final? that dude hit the 85 footer! that was crazy!

also, did you see shaun white break his board goofin off befor the slopestyle competition. that sucked.

Max Winther
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
haha yeah, i have no idea how monoskiers can do that. pretty inspiring to know that those guys have no leg control (or no legs period) and are able to do something that i, an able - bodied guy, will never do.

What did shaun finish in SS? all i know is he didnt get first, which was a big surprise to me.

samej07
01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
i think he got bronze, but im not sure.

he was bouncing on the ends of the board like they always do and broke it right next to the binding. he had to do his first run on a busted board and his second on his half-pipe board.

tbini87
01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
i think he got bronze, but im not sure.

he was bouncing on the ends of the board like they always do and broke it right next to the binding. he had to do his first run on a busted board and his second on his half-pipe board.

that is all i have really seen of the x-games so far. unfortunate for him... im surprised they aren't like tennis players having TONS of backups just in case! haha. but i saw the guy take his foot out of the binding, hit the huge jump and land it clean. that was pretty amazing... im surprised he scored so low...

Leelord337
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
*watching the 2012 winter x games now* shaun white is just incredibly dominant. his average height on the halfpipe is 18ft, and competitors are 14ft. Lol. its just amazing to watch