PDA

View Full Version : Postscript: final thought on the RDX500mid

ferrari_827
12-15-2004, 06:48 AM
I think AAAA summed it up best with the statement that you get all the benefits of a heavy player racket with the RDXmid without the excessive swingweight, and BreakPoint in his review compared it to "a modern day PS6.0 85".

You can get similar characteristics in rackets like the MP Tour 1/Wilson Tour 90/ncode 90/LM Prestige Mid/PS 6.0 85, but at the expense of higher weight. So this is the biggest advantage of the RDXmid. I always thought the MP Tour 1 90 would be perfect with less swingweight, and now Yonex has done it.

This racket is superb on groundstrokes and volleys. For those with good serving mechanics, serving is excellent with many options, but I will admit there are a couple of player rackets which are more forgiving/easier on serve.

TripleB
12-15-2004, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the update ferrari_827.

I'm currently torn between the RDX-500 Mid, RDX-500 Midplus, and the RDX-500 HD Midplus (as well as a couple other racquets - Pro X1, LM Pres. MP, Pure Control, Tour 10 VE Mid, etc - BUT the RDX-500s are leading the way).

I was thinking about the MP Tour-1 90 (bought the 98, hated it, sold it) but from your comments I would believe the RDX-500 90 is the better of the two :D .

How good is the RDX-500 Mid for those with HORRIBLE serving mechanics? :wink: Which other players racquets are better on serves?

Do you find the RDX-500 Mid lacking power when trying to put the ball away?

I appreciate the info.

TripleB

stevewcosta
12-15-2004, 08:06 AM
Assessment may be true unless you have smaller grip size b/c they definitely need lead. My 3/8 RDX is too light.

Fortylove
12-15-2004, 08:27 AM
Just for your info TripleB, I demoed mid and mid plus (not the HD)
and to me there was no comparison. Midplus had more power,
but with the mid, I could hit a much heavier ball with more control.
This applied to ground strokes as well as serving. I kept going back to the mid, it just feels great. I have never understood all
of the hoopla over power anyway. I am a 4.5 player and would
much rather hit a controlled heavy ball than just raw power.

ferrari_827
12-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Oh well, Steve. Adding a leather grip and 4 grams of lead in the hoop would add at least 0.4oz, and that should certainly be enough. The hoop is solid and has good mass so not much is needed there.

NoBadMojo
12-15-2004, 09:18 AM
the operative words and expressions from the title of this thread are 'postscript' and 'final thought'. ;)

Mj
12-16-2004, 07:28 AM
ferrari, can you compare the RDX mid to ti-50, ti-70L & ti-80 ?
I like them all for different reasons and I think the 70L has a great feel that is hard to find in other racquets.