PDA

View Full Version : How can i get my racquets matched

300Gkid
01-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok, i play with 2 Dunlop M-fil 300's and one of them is easily heavier and have a more head heavy balance than the other. And it is very easy to tell. I like the heavier one much better so it sucks when the strings break on that one and i have to use the other. Is there anyway i get get the lighter one to match the heavier?

TonyB
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Add weight to the lighter racquet where necessary to bring it up to the same weight as the heavier one, while also duplicating the balance point of the heavier one.

Typically you do this by adding lead tape either to the head or the handle of the racquet.

I just did this with a racquet that I modified. I had to add 8 grams at the base of the handle to get the balance and weight just right. It was well worth the effort.

herosol
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
lead.

with the help of a scale, and the balance boards to determine the balance of the rackets.

iradical18
01-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Buy two new M-Fil's and ask TW to match them for you. Or you can buy/make a balance board, buy a digital scale or get them weighed at the Post Office and then start tinkering with lead and weights.