PDA

View Full Version : Rackets. The best of them.

tennisadd1ct
01-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the "Rackets" forum! :)

Welcome to the thread:) Well, what do we do here? Talk about rackets that's what we do! :)

All you have to do is....

If you want information/advice/info/or just want to talk about a racket

be free to post here!

We all help each other :P

For example:

Pretend I want to know about the Head Extreme MicroGel.

I would ask.

Head Extreme Microgel _____(Question)______

SIMPLE AS THAT!

So just have fun :)

j30tennis
01-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Lm rad mid+, what strings to set it up with. I like the feel of wilson nxt tour 16 gauge, I had this set up on my LE OS Rad set at 61. With the switch from os to mid+ should I stick with the same strings and what tension should i go with? Do not hit much topspin mainly flat.

tennisadd1ct
01-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't think you should stay with the same strings.

I would switch off to...

Hybrids..Prince Poly Gut (59)

Synthetic Single..Stick with the NXT's (60)

tennisadd1ct
01-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Hope that helps! :)

bluescreen
01-27-2008, 08:44 PM
or we could just post a seperate topic with our question like we've been doing for years.

lilxjohnyy
01-27-2008, 08:45 PM
using k95 im stringing at 65 poly main and syn gut cross, I feel that i need a little more control. should i try full poly ??? all my shots a consistently landing near baseline and sometimes it goes out ...

Duzza
01-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm using an nSix One 95, but feel the beam width is making my shots a lot more unstable than usual. Do you think by increasing the SW (which is already pretty low) I could lower the stiffness by about 2 points while keeping the same 1.18 gauge of Kevlar?

anirut
01-27-2008, 09:11 PM
I really like the feel and precision of my JK Autograph but the head is too small to cope with today's speed game. Is there anyway I can increase the headsize from 65 sqin to like 98 sqin?

Do you think it's possible that, being a wood racket, I could cut and glue some other piece of wood to increase the head size? Will his increase the SW to SW2.8754? And what string and tension would be best for the modified racket?

Thanks.

PS. I want to make it into a soft-playing spin machine. I'm out of cash to get a new racket. Thanks.

StealthGnome
01-27-2008, 09:21 PM
I really like the feel and precision of my JK Autograph but the head is too small to cope with today's speed game. Is there anyway I can increase the headsize from 65 sqin to like 98 sqin?

Do you think it's possible that, being a wood racket, I could cut and glue some other piece of wood to increase the head size? Will his increase the SW to SW2.8754? And what string and tension would be best for the modified racket?

Thanks.

PS. I want to make it into a soft-playing spin machine. I'm out of cash to get a new racket. Thanks.

LOL-Out Loud

We have a section of forum dedicated to Racquets. I don't think we need a thread within the section.

adams_1
01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Agreed. It's like having a big house, then roping off the bathroom to live in.

anirut
01-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I think the OP wants to make a thread full of sub-threads that, in the end, nobody can find any answer to anything.

BTW, regarding my post on increasing the headsize, should I glue or bolt on the new piece of wood to the original racket?

HAHA.

Duzza
01-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Bolt! Bolt!

anirut
01-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Using bolt(s) may be a good idea, but that could push the SW up to SW69!!! And it may interfere with the string pattern. Any instruction on this??? ...

Duzza
01-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Step 1 - Cut strings
Step 2 - Jigsaw (if you have one) at 3 and 9 o clock
Step 3 - Give up and start over :confused:

anirut
01-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks, Duzza. I'll try it and post some pics later. ;)

anirut
01-27-2008, 11:03 PM
OK, guys, after having gotten some ideas on how to expand the head size of my JK autograph, I've decided on the following:

1. Cut off at 3 & 9 as suggested by Duzza.

2. Find some piece of wood to help expand the head.

3. Cut the shaft off somewhat to maintain the 27" length.

4. Attach the extended wood by some means.

5. Find a new string pattern to go with the extension

So, I've decided on using bamboo, being an evironmentally-friendly material and easy to work on. The attachment is done by the old and simple lashing. This requires some scouting skill.

Moreover, the lashing can serve in a similar way to Head's flexpoint, but here, they're double flex areas, being at 10&2 and 8&4.

The neon magenta string is used to attract attention and to distract the opponent. The unconventional string pattern is designed for optimum layout for the racket face.

What do you guys think about it ... Please give your feed back.

Thanks.

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f310/anirut/Rackets/BambooExpandedJK.jpg

CHEERS!

Duzza
01-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Now I'm no scientist, but that looks like the Wilson Holy Grail?

knasty131
01-27-2008, 11:30 PM
OK, guys, after having gotten some ideas on how to expand the head size of my JK autograph, I've decided on the following:

So, I've decided on using bamboo, being an evironmentally-friendly material and easy to work on. The attachment is done by the old and simple lashing. This requires some scouting skill.

Moreover, the lashing can serve in a similar way to Head's flexpoint, but here, they're double flex areas, being at 10&2 and 8&4.

The neon magenta string is used to attract attention and to distract the opponent. The unconventional string pattern is designed for optimum layout for the racket face.

Thanks.

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

CHEERS!

gotta be my favorite post of the year so far...by a long shot...lol amazing!!!

Alafter
01-28-2008, 12:13 AM
The last thing is to make a more modern throat.

What do you think?

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Great work Knasty!!

I need a little more info on the cross-string pattern. Is that functional to hold the new racquet head expansion kit (RHEK) or is it for hitting performance?

If you put that on the FS/FT board let us know, I'm sure we would all like that frame in our collection.

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:19 AM
That racquet looks like something Jeff Foxworthy would use for his "you might be a redneck if" routine!

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:22 AM
I just counted the strings to get a better hold onthe string pattern.

For all you stringers out there the all new Knasty JK autograph RHEK uses a 12M 14C 2X pattern!

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:27 AM
Knasty... you need to start a new thread so more people will get a look at this masterful creation.. I fear your masterpiece may get lost on this thread if people read the first few posts...

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Dang it... my bad anirut... I gave credit to wrong person. plz forgive me.

kimba
01-28-2008, 12:54 AM
hi there,
well i have babolat pure drive roddicks and iam starting to have arm pain.I was thinking about changing to the prince 03 tour midsize 95 would this be a silly move?

kairosntx
01-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Start a new thread for that under rackets kimba...

anirut
01-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Dang it... my bad anirut... I gave credit to wrong person. plz forgive me.

Never mind, kairo ...

To err is human; to forgive is not my *$%^& policy !!!

HAHA ... Glad you like my ULTRA EXTREME RACKET MOD!!!

Robert Johnson
01-28-2008, 03:02 AM

Thanks.

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

CHEERS!

Looks like a K90 with a fake wood effect paint job.

Aint foolin me.

matchmaker
01-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Thanks.

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

CHEERS!

Now, I don't know but those strings sure look a hell of a lot like spaghetti strings to me. Dunno if the ITF is going to permit that... LOL

tennisadd1ct
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Lol....keep on talking guys :)