PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to a GS

Double Fault
01-28-2008, 02:07 AM
I want to attend a GS this year. Since I like clay, I was thinking about the FO, but the USO would do too. I don't care too much for Wimbledon.

Are there any travel agencies that specialize in this kind of travel? I would like to get great tickets and I don't care if I sleep in a mediocre hotel.

What are the do's and dont's of this kind of travel?

Bodacious DVT
01-28-2008, 02:50 AM
get a grounds pass for one of the earlier days.

The Tennis Channel had some Do's and Dont's for traveling to a GS

Double Fault
01-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Unfortunately, I don't get the Tennis Channel where I live.

I wanted to know if there were any tips on getting awesome seats for the later stages of the GS.

Shahar26
01-28-2008, 05:19 AM
Tickets for the USO go on sale late June, so buying tickets then is the way to go.

There are 3 levels in Ash stadium (the main one), last year I went to the men semis, and 2 tickets (online about a week+ before) were 180 each (for the 3rd level).

2nd level were around 500+

1st level, I didn't even check.

You can get great seats at the 2nd largest stadium (forgot the name) as they are "first come first seat" and they have many good matches too.

If your budget in low, or you're going last minute, buying a ground day pass ($50+-) is the best way to go, and you can see all the games....

P.S

DON'T BRING A BACKPACK, ANY BAG WITH 2 STRAPS OR ANYTHING BIGGER, you will not be able to bring it in.

jmverdugo
01-28-2008, 06:07 AM
HI, there is a thread (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=172472) about a get together for the US Open, im planning on atending and have been looking for hotels and stuff, i already made my reservations, i will be staying in a Jhonson Hotel but there is a YMCA hotel eral close to Tennis center, you have to share the bathroom though, i will post the web address tonight.

Fee
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Grand Slam Tennis Tours or something like that does package deals. Check tennis.com, I think they have advertising from the tour companies that do tennis tournaments. Steve Furgal does Indian Wells, his ads are on their website.

Geezer Guy
01-29-2008, 12:15 PM
There are several travel agencies that specialize in tennis events. I've used www.tours4tennis.com in the past (2004 US Open) and was very pleased with them. They have many "standard" packages you can choose from, or you can build your own specialized package. However, you need to plan as early as possible. Don't wait till the last minute.

TennisLover17
01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
shanghai shanghai shanghai! haha jk

Freedom
01-29-2008, 07:34 PM
If you're going to early rounds, buy a grounds pass. You'll see much better tennis than the stars smashing qualifiers in the stadiums.

If you are going for semis/finals, get tickets as soon as you possibly can. They will sell out even at highly inflated prices.

Buuurnz
01-30-2008, 03:18 AM
I'd suggest u go to Roland Garros! Went there last year for the first time and met up with 2 friends of mine from the US(I myself am from Germany). You can actually have a great 1 week vacation and check Paris out, great city! And in addiotion u ge tto see great matches!