PDA

View Full Version : The Breaking Yonex Fram

GambitX
01-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Ok... I LOVE my RQS11... but it keeps breaking.

I have had 4-5 frames break on me since I switched to this racket in DEcember of 2006. This is after I had had RDX300s break on me as well, you'd think I would learn.

Has anybody ever experience this much breaking playing with Yonex? Im not a crazy player that throws rackets or anything... the ONLY think I might do to it is with my serve and volleying... and scratching the paintjob when I go for low low volleys... but that's it.

I have had them break at the TOP of the racket... on the SIDE... and close to the heart.

anybody?

racquet_jedi
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
How do your racquets get strung? I've heard that Yonex suggests that all racquets be strung with a two-piece stringjob or something like that...

I'm not a stringer so I don't know much (or anything at all)...

vandre
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
one of my neighbor's has a daughter who was sponsored by yonex as a jr. and she told me that she went through a ton of frames during that time. most of hers broke on the sides.

i was hitting with mine on sat. and i thought i broke one too. i hit a shot and it felt the frame give in an unusual way. i didn't break but it scared me!

theone
01-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Switch to a beefy 12oz + kevlar frame ala Wilson prostaff 6.1 ;p

psYcon
01-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I been playing with my Yonex RDX 500 MP now for over 2 yrs, nothing has happened so far.

GambitX
01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
I do a two piece string job...
I just dont get it.

and I break Luxilon Big Banger stirngs as well... I am a hard hitting 4.5-5.0...

I am running out of warranty, because you get one per racket...

Automatix
01-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe it's about luck? My friend an ex-pro has 3 RDX frames and all are intact... well except paint chips :)

Also my friend as soon as the RDS 001 went out, bought it, strings it with poly only and also no signs of frame cracking however tha paint is almost gone :)

GambitX
01-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Maybe I am just a Yonex breaker?!
Yonex should sponsor me to be a play tester!!!!
damnit.
I dont want to switch but I think it might be my only option...

Automatix
01-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah if you break them that fast it's the only option...

jmverdugo
01-28-2008, 11:04 AM
I have broke two RDS001MP, one serving and the other one smashing, both times it went out of my hand and went directly to ground breaking the top side of the hoop, obviusly, it is a factory defect ... mine :). Other than this just some paint chips on my other two.

GambitX
01-28-2008, 11:09 AM
LOL! well... it happens to me when I HIT a ball... not when it lands on its head! I never let it go!

AmericanTemplar
01-28-2008, 11:16 AM
I have played with the RDS 001 mid for the past 9 months or so and I haven't had any of them break yet. However, they do make a pretty ugly sound on mishits. I'm always afraid that I have broken one after the crunching noise they sometimes make when balls are hit near the frame.

A girl that I used to hit with said that she played with Yonex at one point, but she was always breaking them. Are you decreasing the tension of the cross strings by 2-3 pounds? That might help.

GambitX
01-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I usually do that as well..
will see... I thinking I am literally at my breaking point and very disappointed that I am going to have to give up Yonex.

Klatu Verata Necktie
01-28-2008, 11:48 AM
I have broke two RDS001MP, one serving and the other one smashing, both times it went out of my hand and went directly to ground breaking the top side of the hoop, obviusly, it is a factory defect ... mine :). Other than this just some paint chips on my other two.

Did one of them break while you were playing here in Miami? I can't seem to remember.

tennis_nerd22
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Ok... I LOVE my RQS11... but it keeps breaking.

I have had 4-5 frames break on me since I switched to this racket in DEcember of 2006. This is after I had had RDX300s break on me as well, you'd think I would learn.

Has anybody ever experience this much breaking playing with Yonex? Im not a crazy player that throws rackets or anything... the ONLY think I might do to it is with my serve and volleying... and scratching the paintjob when I go for low low volleys... but that's it.

I have had them break at the TOP of the racket... on the SIDE... and close to the heart.

anybody?

thats odd

ive had my yonex rds 001 mp which i bought used early in may 2006. ive scratched it, thrown it once, gotten safin-like with it :) but its never broken. all ive had to do was change the grommet strips after a year which got pretty scratched and stuff. there is a lot of paint chipping, but not cracks or anything.

vandre
01-28-2008, 12:28 PM
question to op: do you break everything you touch? maybe this is your mutant power???

jk

GambitX
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Come over here and we will test it!
;)