PDA

View Full Version : Slices

MegacedU
12-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know a good Prince or Babalot racquet and/or strings that would flatter and obsessive slicer?

mary fierce
12-16-2004, 12:43 PM
As slice is generally not hit with the kind of racquet speed that topspin is, you're better off with the heavier sticks that won't get easily knocked around and cause your slice to pop up.

mary fierce
12-16-2004, 12:50 PM
.....and go easy on the power level of the racquet as you don't have topspin to bring the ball down while still in the court.

NoBadMojo
12-16-2004, 01:17 PM
if you wish to enhance your slice, racquets with an open stringbed <often> do that. also heavier racquets hit heavier and more penetrating slices. an exception would be the head radical series, which seems to hit very nice slices for having a denser stringbed. not too cool for topspin however. my .o2

AndrewD
12-16-2004, 02:36 PM
I love the slice, especially off the backhand but also as a forehand approach and I'd have to say, in my limited experience, the Prince Precision Mono is the best I've used. Its like sliding a hot knife through butter. Very solid and very stable but not a light weight frame (mine's about 12 ounces)

Have had quite a bit of success with the Gosen OG Jim Courier Micro 16 String. Nice crisp feel and good bite. Think there's a review of it on the Tennis Warehouse site.