PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Ultra FPK 95. (Blue) . . . Question

ej
12-15-2004, 12:54 PM
I have 2 of these racquets, but one is lighter (12oz strung).
I was wondering if anyone knows if in fact there are 2 different weights for this frame, or is mine an anomoly? -- (and, if you have the lighter one, I'd like to buy it)....

NoBadMojo
12-15-2004, 01:51 PM
i am not sure, but i think wilson made a spec change in this frame. when i used them i swore they were light (specifically headlight) but other posters insisted they werent headlight at all..all i know is i never served and volleyed better with this frame, but maybe never hit worse from the back :), so that says very headlight to me based upon my estimation..sweet racquet though..havent seen these around for quite some while...good luck hope you find the lighter ones

Kirko
12-15-2004, 03:27 PM
Ed you're right. I tried this racket when it came out thinking it was going to be a "better" frame than the ultra II . It was head light very actually made for a guy who travelled to the net alot. I remember Scott Davis used it.

Ronaldo
12-15-2004, 03:44 PM
Have 6 fpk 95s and only the one from TW Bosworth series and a purple one off **** are lightweight. Also have an 85 and 110. Believe these racquets are vintage enough that there may be a superlight and light weight available. 12.6 oz in 1989 was a lightweight racquet. They are as soft as a Prestige Classic, headlight, and have an open string pattern.

NoBadMojo
12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
aye Kirko...and Rick Leach used it as well for quite a while. cant remember who else