PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you ever tried out any of these racquets? i want personal opinions

jinsol
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
ok guys so i know the drill. instead of asking about which racquets i should get, i should demo, demo, demo. i know that though. nothing beats experience. i cant base my racquet choice purely off of opinions. ive said that before to beginners and noobs, and im going to demo eventually. but what i want to know is what experience you or a friend or whatever has had with these racquets:

wilson nblade oversize
prince O3 tour, not speedport
babolat aeropro control(looks heavy)
wilson nSix-Two ncode
babolat pure storm, the newer kind
speedport black

thanks in advance guys. if you can give me any opinions on any one of these racquets,thatd be great. im trying to narrow it down to four so i can demo them in one order.

my game is somewhere betwen a heavy baseliner to counter-punching (borderline pushing) when i find its more effective against a certain player. to be honest, i dont really know how to define my game. what i do know is that im fast on a court. i dont want an overly stiff racquet, but i cant use a too-flexible racquet. i need more power than that. im a 15 year old male teenager whose not exactly ripped. are any of these racquets overly flexible, particularly the nSix-One? i dont want too much power, im looking for less from my prince O3 hybrid hornet. im decent at net, i go there every now and then. im left handed and was taught to use more spin than others. i still try to blast my forehand when i get a sitter. my serve is ok but not as good as my friends. i dont have consistency. i have a solid consistent one handed backhand, varied spin, height, and to an extent power. if you guys need any more information to help me out, ill be glad to answer.

thanks in advance guys

cujays
01-28-2008, 06:51 PM
i have used the sp black
like it
great for my game
what gometts would yu use?

cadfael_tex
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Had the O3 Tour MP. Played great at first but ended up not sticking with it for two reasons - didn't like the roundish grip shape, couldn't develop consistency with it (which was probably me). Overall a good stick.

jinsol
omg how could i forget. im looking for more control and nothing too heavy, lower than 12 ounces.

um do you mean grommets? and what difference would that make? sry havent been on the tennis scene for awhile

meowmix
Only one I tried is the n6-2. I didn't particularly like it (not sure whether I tried the MP or OS, but I think it was the MP). It's a little too powerful (borderlining on game improvement powerful). The racket was alright, but nothing exceptional, although spin was easy to generate. In all honesty, a decent stick that's just average. You could do a lot worse, but you could also do a lot better.

meowmix
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
omg how could i forget. im looking for more control and nothing too heavy, lower than 12 ounces.

um do you mean grommets? and what difference would that make? sry havent been on the tennis scene for awhile

The speedport rackets have hard and soft grommets. They influence the feel and the power (just a bit) of the racket. They're the thingies that the string goes through. Since the Speedport are absoluteliy huge, prince has designed two grommets for em.

Alafter
01-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I have used Nblade OS for about 9 months now continuously after frequently switching racquets for about a year. It's my main stay now.

Nblade OS has enough power for any decent young males, but not that much. I once lent this kid (something 12-14 yrs) the Nblade OS (he was using a tweener racquet) and immediately he started dumping balls into the net. After some adjustments he was alright. On the other hand, I lent my friend who used a low powered Fischer MP racquet, and he was pleasantly surprised by the usable power it had compared to his stick....so much so that he bought an OS as well (but he bought the Fischer Mpro one).

It is also forgiving on mishits, no surprises there.

I truly dont believe it has any different spin potential from a 16 mains racquet. I played with the POG OS and the Diablo MP together for 1+ year before the Nblade, and I didnt notice losing any spin.

It is certainly maneuvrable. The swingweight varies from web page to web page, so I'll just tell you that for me it feels lighter to swing than the POG OS or the Diablo MP.

Comfort and touch is good.

Control is up to the player. All I can say is this stick won't hinder any sort of control.

meowmix
01-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Had the O3 Tour MP. Played great at first but ended up not sticking with it for two reasons - didn't like the roundish grip shape, couldn't develop consistency with it (which was probably me). Overall a good stick.

Hey, same here. My friend lent me one of his spares for a demo, and I couldn't hit well with it. Of course, I only hit for one hour, but I never got used to the maneuverability of the racket. I was also consistently dumping balls into the net, and didn't have too much control over the shots I was making.

Jinsol, of course it just takes a while to used to. Once you get used to it, you won't be able to play with anything else (according to my friend). It's just a matter of personal preference.