PDA

View Full Version : [k]Blade 98 and [k]Blade Tour Comparison

Vin2
01-29-2008, 04:49 AM
Finally got to hit with the kblade98 and kblade93. The review is basically just my opinion and it may play or feel different for different players. Iíll describe my playing style so you can adjust the biases in this review. Iím predominantly a doubles player and most of the time plays with finesse though other players have said I play better power tennis.

Kblade98
This one is almost identical to nblade98. The only difference is itís a bit stiffer and I actually prefer the nblade.

Serve: Have enough pop on it and can impart decent amount of spin on it. Itís quite easy on your elbows this one.

Grounds: Good power and depth, probably not the most suitable racquet for heavy topspinners as it doesnít really generate as much spin (I previously used n-tour and then nblade). Excellent for 1-hand BH; good stability and control. Good for both offence and defence.

Volley: Very manoeuvrable at the net, the balance allows for quick reflexes and the larger head size is most forgiving in quick net exchanges. Easy to put the ball away deep but touch volleys are a bit easier on the nblade.

Kblade93
Feels more like k90 but much much more forgiving and easier on your body.

Serve: Good for flat serves but a bit harder to impart spin. In general, it provides more accuracy but not so much power, as expected.

Grounds: A very stable racquet and very good for offensive players. Probably not for pushers as there wonít be any power coming from this racquet. Really need those long and fast swings. Doesnít create as much spin as the 98 but is insignificant difference unless youíre stuck in 4-hours-matches and your arm just canít take it anymore.

Volleys: Crisp, accurate volleys. Iíd say this one is bit hard to control at the net, donít expect to win many quick net exchanges with this baby.

Comparison
These two are quite different racquets altogether. Surely in one or two strokes there is no major difference but it is noticeable once rallies and matches get longer. The 98 generates more power, more spin, and generally more forgiving. The 93 is pure control racquet and not for the faint hearted. All in all both of them are impressive racquets and I was pretty indecisive to which I should get but finally got the 93 as Iím a control freak and can generate enough pace on my own.

jace112
01-29-2008, 09:41 PM
thanks for your input!

quest01
01-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Thats kind of strange that you would choose the Kblade93 seeing that your review was almost completely one sided.

Vin2
01-29-2008, 11:14 PM
basically the 93 provides better control for me, that's why i chose it. i haven't really experienced major physical set-backs from using the "wrong" racquet so i still can live with the 93 :D