PDA

View Full Version : Prince Dura Tred in other colors (besides the black ones)

Rafter4ever
12-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Chris,

Why doesnt TW carry the Prince Dura Tred in other colors besides the black ones ? Has Prince stop manufacture 'em in other colors ?

Thanks....

raftermania
12-15-2004, 07:08 PM
you rock

TW Staff
12-16-2004, 08:16 AM
The DuraTred Overgrip is available in packs with black only and in packs with assorted colors. The packs with individual colors seem to have been discontinued. We currently only have stock of the black.

Chris, TW.

Rafter4ever
12-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Raftermania, YOU ROCK TOO !! Not to get distracted from this post, but dont we miss Rafter !!!

I was watching the epic 2000 Wimby semi against Agassi the other night and still bring back chills. Probably one of the best matches of all time.

Hopefully, Aussie will produce another SV player with such class and athletism (sp??)

raftermania
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
:)

That reminds me man, I gotta watch the 2000 Wimby final between him and Goran!!! He lost, but what great tennis!!!

Don't worry, in tennis history, australia has also been consistent at dishing out the masterful SVers, I'm sure somebody will develop into greatness sooner or later!

BreakPoint
12-16-2004, 02:50 PM
That reminds me man, I gotta watch the 2000 Wimby final between him and Goran!!! He lost, but what great tennis!!!

I think you mean the 2001 Wimbledon final. What a CLASSIC!!! The Monday, regular folk, crowd was amazing!!

I wanted both to win and neither to lose for sentimental reasons. Goran had lost 3 times in the final and this was likely his last chance to fulfill his lifelong dream. Rafter had already indicated he was going to retire soon, so this was also likely his last chance to win the big W, and he was so close against Sampras the previous year. The emotions when Goran won was overwhelming. I was very, very happy for him. :D Such a shame someone had to lose. :(

raftermania
12-16-2004, 03:17 PM
ah right indeed, Agassi played Rafter again in the 2001 semis.

You're right, what makes that match so memorable was the atmosphere, the emotion and what was at stake.

I loved the point where Goran completely lost it, threw his racquet, charged the net and kicked it's butt in!

But, the Agassi/Rafter episode in the semis was classical too. This was one of the blips on Agassi's personality radar when he acted way unprofessional and unsportmanlike.

But still entertaining of course. He put so much pressure on that one linesman, he was bullying him the whole match and eventually served a ball "errantly" in his direction which the linesman ducked to avoid, rising again with a mischievous smile... "Sweet!!! Andre Agassi just tried to kill me!! Andre Agassi!!!"

He didn't say that of course, but we all know he said that in his head.