PDA

View Full Version : Weight Balance: Head Light, Heavy or Balanced?

WimpLo
01-29-2008, 08:38 AM
As far as a racquet's weight balance goes... what is the general racquet characteristics of an aggressive baseliner? I THINK I like a head light (but heavy) racquet but someone said that head heavy is what I should go for.

So..... I'm confused and need an opinion.

Thank You,

WimpLo

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 02:48 PM
As far as a racquet's weight balance goes... what is the general racquet characteristics of an aggressive baseliner? I THINK I like a head light (but heavy) racquet but someone said that head heavy is what I should go for.

So..... I'm confused and need an opinion.

Thank You,

WimpLo

First of all, don't ever let anyone tell you that you should be using a different racquet because it is recommended...

Secondly, different levels of different game styles will usually have their own tastes...

An aggressive baseliner as a beginner might like a head-heavy racquet because they like hitting fast but are unable to produce their own power yet, a professional aggressive baseliner may like a heavy, head-light racquet because they can provide the power themselves, they just need more control over their shots...

In the end, go for what you play best with, whether it be a head-heavy or head-light racquet.

If you like head-light, go for it...

If you like head-heavy, then go for it...

Tennis Darren
01-29-2008, 02:49 PM
I think its all a matter of preference. I personally like head-heavy racquets because I generate quite a bit of racquet-head speed.

scowalters
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
doesn't matter, but generally head-light is better, unless you can't generate any power. i usually recommend anything NOT head-heavy. balanced is fine, but honestly, its up to what you feel like using.

Head Heavy is like a hammer

Head Light is more classic

Balanced is... bothish... modern?

scowalters
01-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I think its all a matter of preference. I personally like head-heavy racquets because I generate quite a bit of racquet-head speed.

i thought head-heavy racquets were for people who can't generate speed...?

Tennis Darren
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
i thought head-heavy racquets were for people who can't generate speed...?

That was a MAJOR mistype lol, i meant to type head-light. Head-heavy racquets are generally for more beginning players.

scowalters
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
okay cool my bad.