PDA

View Full Version : Head size of a raquet...

DomStar7
01-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Im not sure what headsize racquet i should get..
I really like the k-blade tour (93sq) because of its appearance and attractivness.

I love the yonex rqis 1 tour (95sq) because i had a 95sq racquet and there great .

Or the k blade 98 (98sq) because 98sq is a great headsize and i like it alot.

add comments if you wish.

quest01
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Im not sure what headsize racquet i should get..
I really like the k-blade tour (93sq) because of its appearance and attractivness.

I love the yonex rqis 1 tour (95sq) because i had a 95sq racquet and there great .

Or the k blade 98 (98sq) because 98sq is a great headsize and i like it alot.

add comments if you wish.

You just said the K blade 98 is a great headsize so thats the one you should get.

racquetfreak
01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
you should demo all three before you decide - but that kblade tour is sooo good looking!

Syfo-Dias
01-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Go for the RQiS 1. Yonex frames usually play big for their actual head size.

Zhou
01-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Do not choose your racket based on head size. You should choose your racket based on how you play with the racket. Head size is a mere number. Some companies measure from the outside of the frame while some measure the actual string bed. Therefore not all head sizes are the same.
So what I would say, choose which ever racket you play the best with.

bcast66
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
you should try all 3 and pick the one with the best paint job/play ability the reason i say paint job first is because the color of your racquet is very important. if you like the way something looks you will certainty like the way it plays. i think at least 40% of tennis is all mental 50% is talent and 10% is physical. so yea pick your favorite and put your favorite strings on it.

iradical18
01-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Have you tried any of these racquets or are you just making guesses?

DomStar7
01-29-2008, 01:42 PM
iv ordered them for demo next week and im just asking for your opinions

iradical18
01-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Good deal, I always ask because it's a mortal sin to buy a racquet without trying it first! I would probably go with the Kblade 98 myself, enjoy racquets with a larger headsize as I play with an OS myself. I used to play with an I.radical MP which is similar to the Kblade.

fuzz nation
01-29-2008, 02:02 PM
I've been amazed by a 93 sq. inch racquet that felt like I couldn't miss the sweetspot with any swing I took at the ball and also been frustrated by a 98 sq. inch frame that seemed to have had the sweetspot surgically removed. I don't think that the exact size matters too much - the one that fits your swing the best will "reveal itself to you" when you play with it.

Have a blast with those test drives. One caution when you first try them - try to go from the heavier one first to the lighter ones. I find that it's easier to swap them that way instead of trying to change my timing to deal with a heavier frame after I've warmed in with a lighter one.

vndesu
01-29-2008, 05:43 PM
just get the demos and try it out
see how you feel about it.