PDA

View Full Version : TW's Excellent Customer Service. . .again

CAM178
01-29-2008, 12:09 PM
TW to the rescue again.

Having had numerous TW demo issues in the past, the final straw came when I was playing with a demo 2 weeks ago, and the strings broke 1 hr into play. I contacted TW, and they assured me that they would ship me out new demos of the 2 racquets in which I was interested (same racquet, just two different string bed options, and I'm trying to figure out which one I want), free of charge, and that they would come with fresh, identical strings, and at the same tension. What showed up in the demos? Old, different strings, at different tensions. The strings in these are close to breaking, as is typical of demos from TW. Hey, I don't blame them, as most customers can't tell the difference, and the demo business is not a simple job. It is obviously not cost effective to string them each time they come in, and it is probably very hard to monitor each and every demo when they return. It's more like the movie business, I'm sure: turn & burn. Get 'em back in, ship 'em back out.

I contacted them again, a bit frustrated and disappointed as to the 2nd failure in as many weeks. This time, they wanted me to send the demos back again so that the guy I talked to would string them himself, and again, I would not be charged. At this point, I asked them for a trade: I would keep these demos as is, if they would send me out another demo racquet that I'm interested in, free of charge. Thankfully, they agreed.

TW is unbelievably easy to work with, and they are committed (much more so than their competitors) to their customers' satisfaction. I am very impressed with these guys, and I have yet to have an issue that they were unwilling to resolve. I've heard some people gripe on the boards about them. But it's very simple: call them up if you have a problem, and they will do what they can to resolve any customer issues (within reason!; things like 'I got mad and smashed my racquet. Will you give me a new one for free?' will probably not cut it with them :))

A+ in my book, TW. Job well done.

TW Staff
01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I am happy to hear that we were able to solve this problem for you. Too bad it took us two tries to get it right.

Thank you for understanding the rigors of running a nation-wide demo program. We are constantly trying to improve our operations.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jason, TW

CAM178
01-29-2008, 01:19 PM
I am happy to hear that we were able to solve this problem for you. Too bad it took us two tries to get it right. Thank you for understanding the rigors of running a nation-wide demo program. We are constantly trying to improve our operations. Thank you for your feedback.
Jason, TW
No worries about it taking 2 tries. I wouldn't even want to imagine what you guys have to deal with for nightmares with your demo program, and the subsequent horrendous amount of admin required. Makes me shiver just thinking about it.

You are levels above your competitors, and I have yet to come across a tennis company that is so in-tune to the customer as are you. Even Wilson, with whom I have played exclusively for over 25 years, has not returned 2 e-mails that I sent them last year regarding 2 little questions. Some thanks!

Just know that some of us out here do understand and respect all of the work that you do behind the scenes, both BS (admin) and legit, in order to make the ship sail.

Keep up the great work.

CAM178
01-31-2008, 01:00 PM
TW delivered, big time: KBlade Tour just came in today. . . .plastic on handle, fresh strings, fresh stencil. . . .way to go, guys. A big part of me hopes I don't like this, as I am kind of all set to get the K6.1 95 16x18. But thanks for sending me a brand new demo stick. I am putting my own overgrip on it, so that the racquet comes back with the plastic still on the handle.

You guys really are top notch. :)

PS Why isn't there a thumbs-up smilie?