PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorships

roddick_rulz
01-29-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm looking for a sponsorship with either wilson or yonex.
What do they usually accept?
What do I need to do?
I'm in the top 50 in Ontario.
Thanks in advance.

racquet_jedi
01-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Try your best to get the Yonex sponsorship!

:wink:

PROTENNIS63
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM
I am not sure how it works in Canada, but in the U.S. to get free racquets you have to be top 25 in the nation. So in Canada probably like top 10 since it is much weaker.

roddick_rulz
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
What about a sponsorship where you get discounts?
Is a Yonex sponsorship really hard to get?

SFrazeur
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Free gear is pretty much on a "they'll call you" bases. But if you are only looking for discounted gear then just go to their websites and fill out their applications or e-mail them at the address they list. Personally I think players are better off buying discontinued gear, previous series models. Usually they are just as good, but just different. you can also find great deals on slightly used gear in the classified section as well.

-SF

giver deaner
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
wow top 50 and they're not beating your door down... ha ha sorry had to say it

sruckauf
01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Free gear is pretty much on a "they'll call you" bases. But if you are only looking for discounted gear then just go to their websites and fill out their applications or e-mail them at the address they list. Personally I think players are better off buying discontinued gear, previous series models. Usually they are just as good, but just different. you can also find great deals on slightly used gear in the classified section as well.

-SF

Great advice. Take a look at models one or two years old. They are great, great frames for half the price often, or not far off.

SFrazeur
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Exactly. I forgot to link to the TW liquidation section earlier, some great frames there, all for $100 and less. Something for everybody as well.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/liquidation.html

-SF