PDA

View Full Version : Check out this guy's collection of rackets

A.J. Sim
01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
http://prestige1972.hp.infoseek.co.jp/racket/collectiontop.htm

Maybe everyone's already seen this, but this guy has quite a collection of tennis rackets.

Here are some I found to be interesting:

an 85 square inch Wilson Prostaff Classic. I think this is actually a 6-1 with an 85" head; you can still buy them in Japan. Would have been cool if Wilson released it in the U.S.

a G-Starr Tour Spec. I remember that Alexa Glatch, a top American junior used to use this frame. Don't know much about it though.

an all black frame used by Jim Courier at the end of his career. This is definitely not the Prostaff 6.0 that he used before; no perimeter weighing system (pws) at 3 and 9 o'clock. I read somewhere that this was a custom mold that his stringer, Jay Schweid helped develop along with Dunlop; not too sure if this is true.

a Bridgestone ProBeam. Again, found only in Japan, looks cool, wish we in the US could at least try it. There really is little variety in the American market.

Anyway, enjoy. He's got a lot of cool frames, including the models that Wilander, Noah and Lendl used during their careers.

CGMemphis
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
Nice stuff, thanks for sharing!

Greg Raven
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I spoke with Syd Ball at a tournament last year (which Carston won). He said he still has a bunch of the G-Starr racquets available.

As for the ProStaff 6.1 Classic 85, Phil Dent was still using his up until about six years ago, but when Taylor signed with Wilson, Phil started using Taylor's racquet.

SFrazeur
01-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I was looking for this site the other day.

-SF

BDAZ
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
TW sold the g-starr for a while. some said that it looked and played like a head ti.fire pro edition but without the crossbar. they sold for like $50, i think.

tomuchskillz
01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
dude he must be rich he got them william sister raquet 500 each XD

TsongaBonga
01-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Already seen it. Still a gr8 collection

ricomon
01-30-2008, 10:27 PM
I spoke with Syd Ball at a tournament last year (which Carston won). He said he still has a bunch of the G-Starr racquets available.

As for the ProStaff 6.1 Classic 85, Phil Dent was still using his up until about six years ago, but when Taylor signed with Wilson, Phil started using Taylor's racquet.
Hi Greg-Is Syd Ball selling those racquets to the public?