PDA

View Full Version : have you ever bought a TW demo racquet?

TheShaun
01-29-2008, 03:21 PM
how was it? how was the condition?

number.432
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
are they available for purchase at all?

TheShaun
01-29-2008, 03:32 PM
they are on their website under the liquidation section.

Applesauceman
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
yes, I bought a Prince Original Graphite Tour 93 from TW, listed as almost new. It was no joke, this racquet only had like one court rash spot and the leather grip was spotless. Strung with Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16. Paid $80, what a great deal!

TheShaun
01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
good score applesauceman! i'm more concerned to know about racquets listed as "normal demo use" or "heavy demo use".

Gimmick
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I bought one that was listed as good condition with normal demo wear. I will never make the same mistake again.

TheShaun
01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
I bought one that was listed as good condition with normal demo wear. I will never make the same mistake again.

care to elaborate? how bad was it?

matchmaker
01-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Please explain

Gimmick
01-29-2008, 04:36 PM
The wear was through the bumper guard, paint, and primer. The chips were distibuted around the entire frame, around 15(min)-20 paint chips. I stripped it down for repaint and it didn't appear to be through the carbon, but exposed fiber in three seperate one inch segments is not remotely good condition in my book.

zhanny
01-29-2008, 04:49 PM
used items are generally listed as better condition than it actually is...

meowmix
01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
The wear was through the bumper guard, paint, and primer. The chips were distibuted around the entire frame, around 15(min)-20 paint chips. I stripped it down for repaint and it didn't appear to be through the carbon, but exposed fiber in three seperate one inch segments is not remotely good condition in my book.

Wow. Didn't expect that.

Zhanny, to comment, TW's usually extremely honest with most stuff. For the most part, if they say something's almost brand new, then it's almost brand new. I trust TW very much, even on used product descriptions.

doonbugz
01-30-2008, 05:06 AM
that is the bigges load of crap

u trust a huge company

any company will say somethings in better condition than it actually is

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

doonbugz
01-30-2008, 05:07 AM
i got nothin against u but of course there ganna lie about the condition of there demo stuff

Gimmick
01-30-2008, 05:51 AM
In all fairness I should point out that I have never had a problem with orders, or shipping, or prices. They have been great on almost everything. I wouldn't hesitate "trust a huge company" on their new items.

Craig Sheppard
01-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Rating used rackets is not a science. I've bought or sold at least 20 rackets and can tell you one man's "mint" is another man's "good", one man's 9/10 is another man's 8/10. The only way you're going to get exactly the same thing every time is to buy new. Now, if they listed something as 9/10 and it was chipped up and worn to the graphite, sure, you have cause to be upset. But normally I think you have to be a bit liberal with ratings.

arf22
01-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Bought a liquidation / demo Dunlop 300G a few years ago from TW when the racquets were no longer available new. Condition was as advertised (used demo in good condition), looked to be a two year old racquet in terms of the wear and terar I normally place on a racquet.

I've always felt that if I wasn't satisifed for any reason with what I purchased, TW would handle it - nice company to deal with.

Applesauceman
01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
You could always ask if TW will send you some pictures. I'm not sure if this is an option, but considering all of the positive feedback that I've read about TW and my own personal experience, I would think that it's very possible.

doonbugz
01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
im not talking about new items i am talking about demo items

even if they do send you a picture it could be a picture of a different racket

JackTheBear
01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
even if they do send you a picture it could be a picture of a different racket

I seriously doubt they would do that. Every demo listing is for a single specific racquet that they have on hand. They would have no reason to misrepresent it, photo-wise.

Like many people here have said, they are quite good to deal with.

OnyxZ28
01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I bought three T10VE Mids from them (thought they were the T10G1s) -- listed as normal demo use but they were in great shape. Same thing with an old Prestige Classic in 2003, listed in good condition, arrived pristine. I think it's because of the bumper system of those two sticks just protect the racket better than say, a racket with a conventional bumper.

meowmix
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
i got nothin against u but of course there ganna lie about the condition of there demo stuff

No offense taken. All I meant was that TW's usually so honest about all this stuff, and I've never heard of anybody saying that TW's ripped them off. That's why I trust them, even with the condition of the demo rackets. I know that they might be slightly inflated (their normal demo use might be like a two year old racket, but I know that it's not going to be completely chipped, no bumper, etc).

ssjkyle31
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
If it does not say like new, then expect the racket will have some wear. The grip may be worn. The racket may have scratches and scuff on the hoop. I think most of the rackets are playable. Usually, you can just use some 409 to clean up the the racket and a baby wipe for to disinfect the grip. mOst racket will be strung with a very good string.

Nerub
02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
I bought a brand new prince ozone pro tour demo racquet. Great deal paying just about half the price for exactly the same racquet, i didn't buy it from tenniswarehouse though, but from the official prince store.