PDA

View Full Version : Federer's Gillette Razor!!

GeorgeLucas
01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
YO DOODES!! I've been working on my game alot recently and I've been eating what Federer eats, using his exactly racquet and string setup, sleeping the same amount of hours he sleeps, and I even started dating a girl who somewhat resembles Mirka =o. After taking all these steps, I feel my tennis game has improved significantly. recently though, i've realized that without a shave like the best, i cant be the best. i was wondering if you guys could tell me what Gillette razor roger uses. is it even a gillette? i heard he still uses his old razor with a gillette paintjob. please help me clear this up, guys, i will give you updates on my game.

tennisguy7482
01-29-2008, 07:19 PM
YO DOODES!! I've been working on my game alot recently and I've been eating what Federer eats, using his exactly racquet and string setup, sleeping the same amount of hours he sleeps, and I even started dating a girl who somewhat resembles Mirka =o. After taking all these steps, I feel my tennis game has improved significantly. recently though, i've realized that without a shave like the best, i cant be the best. i was wondering if you guys could tell me what Gillette razor roger uses. is it even a gillette? i heard he still uses his old razor with a gillette paintjob. please help me clear this up, guys, i will give you updates on my game.

he uses gillette mach1 with a mach3 paint job. you can tell because the mach1 has a 3 blade pattern while the mach3 has a 4 blade pattern.

Vermillion
01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
have you started drinking Jura coffee or started wearing Rolex?

lilxjohnyy
01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
he really uses his tennis racket to shave. He takes massive cuts at his face and VOILA. a nice clean shaved face

sureshs
01-29-2008, 07:29 PM
He uses a special version of the razor which has a much higher swingweight. It is the same razor he started using as a teenager and the one Sampras used. Most men would not be able to control the razor and will cut themselves. It works awesome on his right cheek but he shanks on the left, leaving stubble here and there.

tennis_nerd22
01-29-2008, 07:41 PM
hahahaha i laughed thanks for the joke OP

JackSkellington
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
hahahaha i laughed thanks for the joke OP

It's a legitimate question. I noticed an improvement in my volleys after the switch...

str33t
01-29-2008, 08:22 PM
The blades on the razor are hybridized too.

TENNIS_IS_FUN
01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
The blades on the razor are hybridized too.

I dont even think Federer shaves...im pretty sure he wears a paintjob.

Shaolin
01-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I think its a St. Vincent Mach 1.

sargeinaz
01-29-2008, 10:17 PM
He uses a special version of the razor which has a much higher swingweight. It is the same razor he started using as a teenager and the one Sampras used. Most men would not be able to control the razor and will cut themselves. It works awesome on his right cheek but he shanks on the left, leaving stubble here and there.

Ahahahahaha I actually laughed out loud at this. That was funny, especially the swingweight part
________
MARIJUANA HEMP (http://marijuanahemp.com)

chiru
01-29-2008, 10:38 PM
oh come on boys? clearly, CLEARLY you haven't been looking carefully at his blade. we all know that sampras uses the old shaving blade 85 exclusively the model manufactured in his favorite (now closed) barbershop in LA.

http://heavenlyharvestinc.com/catalog/images/straighrazor.jpg

The blade is torsionally stabilized with special lead weighting at the 3 and 9 position to prevent twisting which would cause a "side to side" cut. Of course, Pete's offensive minded technique favors form the extra stability. This setup is not recommended for the average recreational shaver, and to be quite honest, I really think anyone who uses this kind of blade is simply a sampras fanboy who isn't in touch with the modern gam...err...shave.
for his lather he suds up with oldschool soap lather. The bristles of the lather applicator are clearly made from the thinnest guage of natural gut we've ever known.

Roger however, is clearly NOT simply using a paintjobbed hunting knife but is using a completely custom paintjobbed blade only built by the gilette pro room. One of my sources tell me that it is from a comletely different mold than the one thierry henry and tiger woods use.

We're fairly certain that the blades are just regular stainless steel and any advertisments of any sort of molecular change of the material is most likely untrue. Furthermore, careful analysis of the blade spacing shows that the spacing pattern is in fact more open than the one available to the public. We believe this is because he wants more burn potential and enjoys the feeling of more openness. However the blade pattern is still a standard 5x0 eliminating the possibility that it is a paintjobbed open blade as used by sampras. The blade pallet also appears to be considerably shorter than the one available to the public, and seems to match the exact lenght of the blade used in sampras's straightrazor that roger grew up shaving with.

Edit: I have just spoken to the blade changer at the gilette publicity event in LA. It appears that roger uses a hybrid Gel+Foam shave cream blend to give him the comfort of the foam and the controlled icy response of a gel. also, he looked behind the blade head and it looks like roger has placed weights at the 12 o'clock postion, resulting in a polarized swing balance.

montx
01-29-2008, 10:42 PM
This is funny post.

firefox
01-29-2008, 10:43 PM
You need a bearskin hat, because Djokovic is what's happening now! :twisted:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2wof6mc.jpg

SempreSami
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Bollocks to Gillette, the Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium is where it's at :roll:

Laker
01-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Federer needs to switch to a bigger razor!

stormholloway
01-30-2008, 12:51 AM
He needs to grip the razor with two hands when he shaves on clay.

ananda
01-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Federer needs to switch to a bigger razor!
no more close shaves, eh !

gr8 thread.

slice bh compliment
01-30-2008, 01:35 AM

LOL, Screech face with bearskin hat.
Halloween 2008, I'm there dude.

Flash
01-30-2008, 06:16 AM
Probably funniest thread ever !! great stuff... or paint?

Btw, did they use the same paint at Gillette to paint more open spaces (4 versus 3) between the blades, as Prince used to paint the holes into Ferrero's old Prince racquet??? You can really see through those :confused:

ngtaj88
01-30-2008, 06:34 AM
haha good thread!

airdupont
01-30-2008, 08:09 AM
If you really live like him, or at least try to...why don't you try sleeping with his girlfriend?
You try whatever you want...by using the same racquet,strings, specs etc... this is a very personal thing. Me for example, I had more arm muscle then an ex- tour player(around 100 ATP) but just couldn't swing his racquet, it was just too heavy for me. You need to find your own best material and stop dreaming...

IanRichardson
01-30-2008, 08:57 AM
so far this is probably the best thread of the year...

with all of this new shaver technology federer and all other shavers today are cleary no match for the guys who shaved with straight razors back in the old days.

if fed shaved back in the bill tilden days, he probably would have cut half of his face off. This new technology does all of the work for you...

Campbell1
01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
WTF Federer uses the new Gillette Fusion power the one with 5 blades on one side annd 1 grooming blade on the other

ACK4wd
01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
actually this thread needs more practice - discuss

sureshs
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I really don't believe in all these new fads like K Factor or electric razors. A real man doesn't use an electric razor - it is for the wimps who cannot handle a 13 oz stick. Back in the day, everyone used 14 oz sticks to shave, including women and children. You can never hit a really heavy ball with an electric razor.

Laker
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Federer needs a shaving coach!

iplaybetter
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I dont even think Federer shaves...im pretty sure he wears a paintjob.

duu, same with hass when he need to shave he puts on the muresmo suit

Bhagi Katbamna
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
George, why did you have to ruin my childhood by making those crappy sequels to Star Wars?

BkK_b0y14
01-30-2008, 05:41 PM
you got to loosen up the screws that hold the blades to the handle, just like the low tension on Fed's razors.

johlhausen
01-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Guys, this is ridiculous. Look at yourselves. Here you are, sitting in front of your computers merely TALKING about Roger's shaver. What we need more than his gear is to simply practice!

It is known that Federer practices his shaving upwards of five times a day. Some of us here are lucky if we shave once a year!

Get in that bathroom, folks. Who knows, if you work hard, maybe some day people on a discussion board will be arguing over what shaver YOU use!

downdaline
01-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Anyone know his blade setup??

I heard he keeps his top blade 4 turns of the screw looser than the bottom one.

I tried that once and couldnt control all that extra power. Ended up slitting half my ear off.

BkK_b0y14
01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
i think hes got titanium blades for the top and bottom, and aluminum for the middle two. Otherwise, with full titanium it might be too stiff and cause razor bumps and ingrown hairs.

JackSkellington
01-30-2008, 07:15 PM
okay, this is getting out of hand. You all don't know what you're talking about. I happen to have caught one of his razors that he threw and it's definitely not a Gilette. The blade spacing is all different.

chiru
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I just got off the phone with...uh...fate...nerguson (?) who has informed me that not even he or Yon Ru of Priority 0 shaving services are allowed to know the exact composition of blade/handle. They mostly just deal with aftermarket customizations. It also sounds like roger was really unable to get any good control on his shave for his gel foam hybrid. Usually he'll hover at about low 50% for H20 concentration (far too low for mere mortals) but will now try tightening things up to about 53-55% this week based on the moisture in the air and the sun. As we know, particularly as we get into the clay court season, the heavier more humid conditions really chaffe roger's skin and we all know that Rafael's slightly darker skin are better suited to those conditions. Here's to hoping the extra % will give him the control and protection he needs to handle whatever is ahead for roger.

hoodjem
01-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Wow! You're the SuperFedfanGOAT. Do you lead up the Gillette too?

Do you have that funny walk down, too?

cliuc
01-30-2008, 08:06 PM
You guys are all clueless.

Federer isn't using a Gillette at all.... it's actually made from a old Schick model mold, Gillette just paints it to look like the new Gillette Fusion and pays him tons to use it.

Compare the new Gillette Fusion to the Schick Xtreme3 and you'll know what I mean....

Amateurs..... bah!

10schick
01-30-2008, 08:11 PM

Federer isn't using a Gillette at all.... it's actually made from a old Schick model mold, Gillette just paints it to look like the new Gillette Fusion and pays him tons to use it.

Compare the new Gillette Fusion to the Schick Xtreme3 and you'll know what I mean....

Amateurs..... bah!

...Just like the racquets guys!...:oops: You can't believe any commerical/endorsement these days!

BkK_b0y14
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
what kind of shaving cream does he use? is it a paintjobbed can?

Shaolin
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM

Amateurs..... bah!

I dont believe that. Do you have a source?

don_nguyen11490
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
lol u guise. the new gillette razor is why federer is the best at shaving. his shave is way closer than sampras, i mean cmon just look at that smooth chin of his. no mistakes period. sampras is a good shaver but when you notice how much stubble is on his chin i think u can see which one is the greatest shaver of all time take that sampras fans.

Vermillion
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
He uses a Mach 8 paintjob of this beauty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWY5n9ZuvF8

Teh_pwnerer
01-30-2008, 09:46 PM

I tried that once and couldnt control all that extra power. Ended up slitting half my ear off.

LMFAO!!!!!!

what kind of shaving cream does he use? is it a paintjobbed can?

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!

man i vote this thread for thread of the year man SO FCKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! hahahah

don_nguyen11490
01-30-2008, 10:06 PM

Holy smokes, thread over.

BkK_b0y14
01-30-2008, 10:31 PM

i heard he has in order from top to bottom. 3-2-2-3 (those are in turns of the screw). This is because he needs maximum shavespeed and to get maximum [G]ontrol. If you want a bigger shavespot just cut up some paperclips and put them on at 3' and 9'.

Teh_pwnerer
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
i heard he has in order from top to bottom. 3-2-2-3 (those are in turns of the screw). This is because he needs maximum shavespeed and to get maximum [G]ontrol. If you want a bigger shavespot just cut up some paperclips and put them on at 3' and 9'.

omfg G]ontrol

priceless!!

Hot Sauce
01-30-2008, 11:57 PM
What's his blade tension at?

Laker
01-31-2008, 12:22 AM
I've heard that, for recreational players, is very hard shaving with the same razor.
What do you think should be a minimum NTRP level to properly use it?

ShooterMcMarco
01-31-2008, 01:23 AM

That is BS.

Look at the notches on the handle, its a custom Gillette mold that was created circa 1997. Robert Federer gave his son one of his old razors and Roger has stuck with the same one ever since.

Thud and blunder
01-31-2008, 02:54 AM

It never did work all that well for Sampras though...

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/Tennis/Sampras/pete_sampras_wife_GI.jpg

Maybe he should have used a more extreme grip?

Breaker
01-31-2008, 03:20 AM
The only thing that can be agreed upon after his loss is that he needs to switch to a bigger blade size to compete with the best, his puny 4 blade setup just isn't efficient anymore.

sureshs
01-31-2008, 07:34 AM

http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/Tennis/Sampras/pete_sampras_wife_GI.jpg

He might have won the French then

JackSkellington
01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
The only thing that can be agreed upon after his loss is that he needs to switch to a bigger blade size to compete with the best, his puny 4 blade setup just isn't efficient anymore.

he's been known to shank a few hairs and leave a stubble here and there

theone
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Does he add lead?

ATXtennisaddict
01-31-2008, 09:30 AM
good thread rofl

BiGGieStuFF
01-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Schick is better and yes this guy will kick Federer's butt. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgT4gczybrE

BkK_b0y14
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
What's his blade tension at?

read my post, each turn of the screw determines the tension. And each turn means turning it looser because fed likes to have lower tension. I mean his puny arms can't develop all the power so he needs some assistance, otherwise he'd look like Don King.

Does he add lead?

like i said he uses paper clips to lead up his razor.

(FEDERER)vs(NADAL)
02-01-2008, 12:22 AM
he's definitely using a pj razor, i don't even think its a gillette, and it weight 150grams for better control

Sentinel
02-01-2008, 04:49 AM
I think Federer should give up shave and volley.
Just my opinion.

downdaline
02-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I think Federer should give up shave and volley.
Just my opinion.

No way mann, Fed's got such a smooth chin, bcos he plays an All-Chin shave. Sampras' is a little messy bcos he plays the shave and volley - u tend to miss a few spots when ur game is so fast.

I think to improve, Fed should learn to shave on the rise a bit more, like agassi, and look how good his shaving is - he even shaved his whole damn head.

127mph
02-01-2008, 10:28 AM
i use that gillete fusion fo sho homie. put on that shaving oil then cream by origins. then after i shave twice in different directions i slap on that kiehls facial fuel for skin relife. holla

saram
02-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Pete clearly picks better women than Roger, though. Sure, Roger has a face as smooth as a baby's butt...but Pete has a gal smoother than smooth!

Sentinel
02-01-2008, 10:09 PM
I am wondering why the women haven't started a similar thread on Maria or Ana's shaving stick.

After many years of coaching women at national levels, I have found that they are more comfortable with "push" style strokes, especially on the legs and arms.

Leelord337
02-01-2008, 11:32 PM

he also uses a prada keychain, and uses rosemary shampoo and conditioner. i saw this in a bag check in tennis magazine..i think. but definitely he had a prada robot keychain.

Leelord337
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM

LOL, a paintjobbed razor, thats just hilarious

TsongaBonga
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM

HAHAHAH man thats funny!

Sentinel
02-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Does Mirka share razors with Roger?

Does Tiger use a wood razor or has he moved to [K]arophite?

Tennis_Geek
02-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I just bought a stock Mach 3.
How much lead and where should I put it to achieve SW2?
And I'm planning to get a couple more.
Is there any place where I can get them matched to exact specs?

Sentinel
02-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Yon Ru of Priority 0 :-D (posted earlier by someone else)

sruckauf
02-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Federer himself is actually a Sampras paintjob.

Breakaz54z
02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't forget, you need Federer's hairstyle too if you want to be the best. If you don't have the same hair type/color.. you better straighten/curl/color the heck out it then! Also have the appropriate body hair as well. Federer has just enough arm hair so his swing speed isn't too fast or slow. This goes for his footwork too, his leg hair allows him to move quickly enough to the ball without over shooting.

timeisonmyside
02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Federer travels to Dubai to practice shaving in the desert heat. That's why he looks so fresh when his opponents are looking beaten up with 5 o'clock shadow.

timeisonmyside
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM

http://i30.tinypic.com/2wof6mc.jpg

firefox, we all know that Federer had that unfortunate shaving accident before the AO, which is why he pulled out of Kooyong. He wasn't totally recovered when he played Djokovic in the semis. He was a step slower and that's why he lost. Take your Djoker bandwagoning out of here.

BTW, why did you name yourself after a web browser?

slice bh compliment
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
BTW, why did you name yourself after a web browser?

Hahhaha, I was admiring his Djokovic hair joke, then I wondered the same thing. Maybe firefox's first name is Mozilla.

firefox
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
hey I am not a stupid web browser! :-?

I am Firefox the then Soviet Union top secret fighter jet which was hijacked by Eastwood.

I don't have enough post counts for an avatar, so I guess I have to be a web browser a while longer. :cry:

Djoker needs to shave his head with a Gillette.....

firefox
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
okay, I'm off the bandwagon! :shock:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1416/1127080463_43477078c8.jpg

firefox
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/10ciwpw.jpg

timeisonmyside
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
okay, I'm off the bandwagon! :shock:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1416/1127080463_43477078c8.jpg

Yikes! :shock: Should have posted a warning about that link. I think there is a thread in the Odds and Ends section for that picture.

firefox
02-06-2008, 04:06 PM
sorry about that!

http://i9.tinypic.com/404mu0h.jpg

Is this better?

timeisonmyside
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
You've redeemed yourself. But I think this picture belongs in the "Guys only: Best legs and other female issues" thread.

firefox
02-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I swear I see a chin strap...

http://i28.tinypic.com/3535mr4.jpg

Leelord337
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/10ciwpw.jpg

WTH, is that Nadal by djokovic?