drhopz
01-30-2008, 01:59 AM
W/o killing him.

PimpMyGame
01-30-2008, 02:08 AM
1. Ask him to sleep on his side.
2. Ask him to lose weight.
3. Ask him to drink less alcohol.
4. If he wears pj's (or a vest) in bed, stitch a tennis ball to the back of his top.
5. Pay for expensive, risky surgery to correct the problem.
6. Get a new roomie.

Yes I snore and my wife suffers badly. If I go out and drink too much it's the spare room for me.

When we went camping last year the campsite owners received an official compaint from some woman in a tent close to ours about my snoring. The woman was heard screaming "Get him up or get him out" at about 3 in the morning. I was oblivious and had a lovely night's sleep, although I was banished to the car for a couple of nights to make sure the rest of my family didn't get lynched.

Sorry to jest as I do know how difficult it is for people who have to deal with a snorer. When you can't sleep it's no joke.

PimpMyGame
01-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Of course I missed the obvious one - try earplugs.

Mister G
01-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Dang Pimp! Seems like you got all the angles covered, haha :)

my_forehand
01-30-2008, 02:44 AM
Slap him!

LOL, good going Pimp! haha :)

Supernatural_Serve
01-30-2008, 03:09 AM
cast a spell on him or

send him to a sleep disorder testing center.

CanadianChic
01-30-2008, 04:17 AM
W/o killing him.

This may have been something I would have looked into prior...in the course of cohabitational negotiations if you will.

Question #1: Are you gainfully employed and able to pay your share of the rent and bills?

Question #2: If you see a piece of cheesecake in the fridge that does not belong to you, do you have the strength to walk away?

Question #3: Hey buddy...you don't happen to snore by any chance?

This is a tough one. How do you "make" someone stop snoring? I would rather clean out the hair in the shared bathtub drain than have to deal with it myself. Good luck with it. :twisted:

goober
01-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Buy him a nice muzzle.

ollinger
01-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Combination of the nasal strips that football players wear on bridge of nose and glycerine throat spray (both sold in snoring section of most larger pharmacies) is frequently effective. Loud snorers may be candidates for sleep studies to assess for sleep apnea.

PROTENNIS63
01-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Dang Pimp! Seems like you got all the angles covered, haha :)

he has so much experience that he knows all the tricks in the book :)

TheShaun
01-30-2008, 06:52 AM
breathe right strips.

http://www.breatheright.com/

richw76
01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
wood laundry clip on the nose?

Also he may have Sleep apneia if he is snoring that much. Try to have him get checked out, if he has medical insurance. The CPAP machine will fix the snoring.

PimpMyGame
01-30-2008, 08:37 AM
breathe right strips.

http://www.breatheright.com/

Those things are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. I'm hardcore.

shwetty[tennis]balls
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Drop a bowling ball on his stomach-he'll live.

Dedans Penthouse
01-30-2008, 10:26 AM
balls;2055976']Drop a bowling ball on his stomach-he'll live.An excellent suggestion! I'm torn between that and: kill him. :-)

Reminds me of the riddle?

Q: What's the difference between Rosie O'Donnell and a bowling ball?

A: If your life depended on it, you could always eat a bowling ball.

ilovecarlos
01-30-2008, 11:10 AM
An excellent suggestion! I'm torn between that and: kill him. :-)

Reminds me of the riddle?

Q: What's the difference between Rosie O'Donnell and a bowling ball?

A: If your life depended on it, you could always eat a bowling ball.

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My suggestion....a 2 x 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10s talk
01-30-2008, 11:55 AM
you can't

try white noise, it will drown out the sound......... you can get a machine at Brookstone

Tempest344
01-30-2008, 02:05 PM
get him a medical ventilator so he doen't have to breathe or snore?

kick him

SFrazeur
01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
W/o killing him.

You started and ended a good thread at the same time. :wink:

-SF

abenguyen
01-30-2008, 02:14 PM
try one of those breath easy white strips that go on your nose

KoreanHB
01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
one option is, you can buy one of those noise blockers- ear plugs at your local pharmacy.

drhopz
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
This may have been something I would have looked into prior...in the course of cohabitational negotiations if you will.

Question #1: Are you gainfully employed and able to pay your share of the rent and bills?

Question #2: If you see a piece of cheesecake in the fridge that does not belong to you, do you have the strength to walk away?

Question #3: Hey buddy...you don't happen to snore by any chance?

This is a tough one. How do you "make" someone stop snoring? I would rather clean out the hair in the shared bathtub drain than have to deal with it myself. Good luck with it. :twisted:

No, i dont snore.

drhopz
01-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Lol thanks for all the suggestions, this serious topic has turned into quite a humorous thread. I'll be sure to use your advice.

drakulie
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I heard dipping someones hand in warm water will result in the snoring to stop.

Also, you may want to look into that new product::: HEAD ON

Not sure what it is for, but it seems to work. Perhaps its for snoring.

Breakaz54z
01-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I'd say have white noise. I assume you're sleeping in the same room as him? Have a fan running in a direction that doesn't bother you or your roommate. Hopefully he doesn't snore so loud that it's louder than the fan! I know what it's like to sleep in the same room with a snorer, my ex was a snorer. Good luck!