PDA

View Full Version : TW Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex chapter get together

kairosntx
01-30-2008, 06:46 AM
Am I just wishful thinking here, or are there enough of us in North Central Texas to get something started.

I have to admit I am a little jealous of the South Florida chapter after viewing all the photos from their get togethers. Talking about each others games, future get togethers, playing round robins... sounds like nothing but a good time.

How 'bout it Metroplex??? Anybody up for a get together. Depending on where all the respondents are from (am I wishful thinking or what!) We can determine a site that is centrally located.

Don't just view the post, you know you want to get out there and hit with some of your TW buddies.:)

phamphihung
01-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Hi,

I lived in Garland area, normally I just play Sunday morning and one in while Saturday morning ( Married kids, wife ).

bigdog8815
01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Live in Allen. Schedule basically same as above...wife and kids keep me busy especially on weekends...could still find some time if there is a meet set up.

kairosntx
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
I am thinking a Saturday morning. early enough that we would still have the day to spend with the family. Wouldn't take long... just get on the court and hit/play for 90 minutes or so. Plus take some pics to post! Judging by the Triangle we have so far (Garland, Allen, Keller) maybe some public courts or high school courts in Farmers Branch or Carrolton? It's still a bit cold early in the morning IMO, so maybe in a month or two? That way maybe more people will respond to the post too.

exigency
01-30-2008, 11:30 PM
i'm currently reside in arlington, attending UTA, but i am originally from garland. it sounds good that people around the DFW metroplex want to hit, i can never find anyone that would like to hit around on a good afternoon. i have class and school all the time, evenings are the best time to hit IMO.

kairosntx
01-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Evenings would be good if everyone lived fairly close together. Driving across the metroplex to one common point midweek will add another factor into the equation. But if midweek works best for everyone, I'd be willing to venture out into traffic for the cause. Maybe if it were late enough (around 8) we could avoid some of the traffic.

What time is your first class exigency? Could you hit on Friday mornings?

exigency
01-30-2008, 11:39 PM
i have classes early in the morning mon-fri ending at various times, tues & thurs i have labs prolonging my day till 5pm, so my days can be very long and tiring. i also tutor and mentor high school children from 4-6 on mon & wed, then 9am-12pm on saturdays and another job from 9pm-2am. being a biology major with a pre-med focus is overrated..

kairosntx
01-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Dang... hardly any time for anything else. Looks like evenings is the only thing that works for you.

phamphihung
01-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Sure, I think in month or two would be great when the weather not too cold, just let me know a head of time ( sorry wife, kids... ) I think there is great tennis court at Brookhaven Community College in Farmer Branch close to Midway and LBJ. Hope everthing work out well.

O2TourMS
01-31-2008, 05:16 AM
Phamphihung, Where do you play on sunday?
I play on sat morning at Rowlett highschool (start at 7 30) , it is a open double 3, 3.5 men group, just show up and pair up.
Drop me a note for more detail.
Trung Tran

phamphihung
01-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Trung Tran, I normally played at Richland College at Walnut st. where is the Rowlett highshool ? I lived close to 78 and 190 should not be very far, hopefully I can make it this Sat. to meet you, otherwise I'll be there one of this day soon.

O2TourMS
01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
You may Google map Rowlett highschool for the direction.
Hope to meet up sometime.
T.

phamphihung
01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
4700 KIRBY RD ROWLETT is this correct address ? what time you normally get there?

O2TourMS
01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
That's the corrected address, the court actually on the Main street, so if you going south on Kirby, right on stop sign. I should be there between 730 and 800 am.
I may try to PM you my cell number.
T.

abenguyen
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
i'm currently reside in arlington, attending UTA, but i am originally from garland. it sounds good that people around the DFW metroplex want to hit, i can never find anyone that would like to hit around on a good afternoon. i have class and school all the time, evenings are the best time to hit IMO.

UT Arlington eh? I'm a current senior at Keller High School and I'm most likely going to attend UTA. how is it up there? I live in the North Richland Hills area and will be probably going to UTA in fall of this year. Maybe we can hit sometime.

i have classes early in the morning mon-fri ending at various times, tues & thurs i have labs prolonging my day till 5pm, so my days can be very long and tiring. i also tutor and mentor high school children from 4-6 on mon & wed, then 9am-12pm on saturdays and another job from 9pm-2am. being a biology major with a pre-med focus is overrated..

wow sounds you have an extremely busy schedule. It seems that I may be going into the same field as you are? I plan to major in bio and basically pre-med as my parents are vietnamese, well asian, and they basically had this expectation and plan for me since i was a child. what grade are you currently in at UTA? maybe we can hit some time? send me an email i guess whenever you can

abe.nguyen@gmail.com

and man i am happy to see so many responses. i guess my former attempt at making a DFW chapter failed my expectations but this one just brought me way up. didn't know there was this many people into tennis in this area. can't wait till something actually happens

CashDudeHomie
02-01-2008, 09:25 PM
I could come, but I'm closer to Austin. Is there an Austin chapter?

Vermillion
02-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Denton during the summer
Waco in the spring/fall

exigency
02-02-2008, 12:44 AM
UT Arlington eh? I'm a current senior at Keller High School and I'm most likely going to attend UTA. how is it up there? I live in the North Richland Hills area and will be probably going to UTA in fall of this year. Maybe we can hit sometime.

UTA is a rather boring campus to me. most people just go to class and go home, but there's quite a few that stay after to study or that just live on campus. i will be transferring out of UTA, cause it was not my intention to attend the university, to SMU, by next fall. i would not mind hitting with you at all, you would just have to put up with my lack of experience and terrible game.

wow sounds you have an extremely busy schedule. It seems that I may be going into the same field as you are? I plan to major in bio and basically pre-med as my parents are vietnamese, well asian, and they basically had this expectation and plan for me since i was a child. what grade are you currently in at UTA? maybe we can hit some time? send me an email i guess whenever you can

abe.nguyen@gmail.com

and man i am happy to see so many responses. i guess my former attempt at making a DFW chapter failed my expectations but this one just brought me way up. didn't know there was this many people into tennis in this area. can't wait till something actually happens

i do have a pretty busy schedule and it's hard to balance everything out. i have to study so much and work all the time, so there's rarely any time for tennis. i am currently a junior at UTA, but it is my second year attending this university; i was one of those kids that came in with a ton of AP credits. i wouldn't mind hitting with you, you can join my friends and i at the courts at UTA or Vandergriff park on Center/Arkansas when we play. it's a bit of a drive for you coming from keller though.

abenguyen
02-02-2008, 05:00 PM
UTA is a rather boring campus to me. most people just go to class and go home, but there's quite a few that stay after to study or that just live on campus. i will be transferring out of UTA, cause it was not my intention to attend the university, to SMU, by next fall. i would not mind hitting with you at all, you would just have to put up with my lack of experience and terrible game.

well it seems like I might be one of those kids cause my parents want me to live at home. well thats kinda sad that you are transferring but I guess if you have to, then you should. I got accepted to TCU but the tuition is outrageous on price and even with scholarship and possible FAFSA money, it would still be around 20,000 a year. My parents freaked out when they heard after I told them it would cost alot, so now I'm between UTA and UTD really. well when I do get in that area sometime maybe we can hit and you can deal with my lack of experience too lol.

i do have a pretty busy schedule and it's hard to balance everything out. i have to study so much and work all the time, so there's rarely any time for tennis. i am currently a junior at UTA, but it is my second year attending this university; i was one of those kids that came in with a ton of AP credits. i wouldn't mind hitting with you, you can join my friends and i at the courts at UTA or Vandergriff park on Center/Arkansas when we play. it's a bit of a drive for you coming from keller though.

wow you must be very smart coming with all those credits. i hope to get a good amount but I don't know how well i will do on those AP tests. it would be a good long drive and I don't know about my parents letting me go. But we'll have to see what happens.

Eric89
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Exigency can I get your email so I can send you mail concerning the string you are looking for.

exigency
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
well it seems like I might be one of those kids cause my parents want me to live at home. well thats kinda sad that you are transferring but I guess if you have to, then you should. I got accepted to TCU but the tuition is outrageous on price and even with scholarship and possible FAFSA money, it would still be around 20,000 a year. My parents freaked out when they heard after I told them it would cost alot, so now I'm between UTA and UTD really. well when I do get in that area sometime maybe we can hit and you can deal with my lack of experience too lol.

a piece of advice i would give to you is to invest in yourself for your education, you shouldn't settle just because you can't afford it now. that's what all the loans are for, including FAFSA aid. you could always apply and qualify for scholarships. i am on a full ride at UTA because i applied for scholarships and what not, so i am sure you can do the same thing.

wow you must be very smart coming with all those credits. i hope to get a good amount but I don't know how well i will do on those AP tests. it would be a good long drive and I don't know about my parents letting me go. But we'll have to see what happens.

i am not that smart, i am just adamant about studying and getting the grades i need to succeed. AP tests aren't really cut out to be as hard as you think, but you will obviously still have to pay attention in your courses.

Exigency can I get your email so I can send you mail concerning the string you are looking for.

sure, my e-mail is exigency@tx.rr.com
i couldn't find the PMing function for some reason..

phamphihung
04-23-2008, 05:47 AM
O2TourMS, are you still out there Sat. morning ?

kerxny
04-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Richardson here, anyone else from the Big-D?