PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about the RQiS 1?

Syfo-Dias
01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm getting an RQiS 1 Tour pretty soon and just had a quick question for those who have used it. What's the stock replacement grip like that comes on it? It looks different than the old cushion grip that Yonex used to use. Is it flat or perforated? How thick is it?

Syfo-Dias
01-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Surely someone can answer this.

fuzz nation
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
The ones that came on my recently acquired RDS 002 Tours are rubbery replacement grips with decent tackiness and they are especially thin. I have pretty fresh overgrips on both that I don't want to disturb, but I don't recall those grips as being perforated.

Syfo-Dias
01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
The grips on the RDS series are the older style Yonex cushion grips. I know because I currently have an RDS 002. The RQiS series has a totally new kind of grip on it. What I'm wondering is how it feels compared to the old ones.

vlad101
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I have the Rqis-1 tour which replaced my RDS. I like the grip in stock form. It's a bit rubbery with a tacky feel. I usually change the grip on new rackets as I did the RDS (which I hated) but on the RQIS I plan to wear out before replacing it. Hope this helps.

Syfo-Dias
01-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I have the Rqis-1 tour which replaced my RDS. I like the grip in stock form. It's a bit rubbery with a tacky feel. I usually change the grip on new rackets as I did the RDS (which I hated) but on the RQIS I plan to wear out before replacing it. Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks, that was helpful. It sounds like it's pretty good. I like replacement grips that are flat and firm because I always put overgrips on them.

Syfo-Dias
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I got my hands on the RQiS 1 and I have to say the stock grip isn't bad. It feels a whole lot better than the old cushion grips they had previously been using. I hope they continue using these on future models.