PDA

View Full Version : any one hit with pure storm and K blade?

grass_hopper
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I have both but have not had a chance to hit with them. do they swing like wilson K95 team?

which one has more power or better feel?

thanks

gtrexe
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
i never tried the k95team but i played with the pure control(non tour)

its pretty light(10.9oz strung according to TW) but that makes it a feather to swing

pure storm and k95 are about the same weight but the balance is headlight so swings might be a little different

AlpineCadet
01-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I hit with the Pure Storm two days ago, and the kBlade Tour last night. The kblade Tour has less spin, but more feel and stability. The Pure Storm feels a bit more hollow/light, but more powerful, especially with the open string pattern and bigger headsize. I felt more confident when going for bigger shots with the kBlade Tour though.

jasonchu
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I have hit with the kblade and the pure storm and within 15 min put each of them down never to pick them up again.

2 words ... TOO LIGHT! visions of tennis elbow....
the PS felt tinny and twangy. The KB was ok in terms of being a solid frame,but it just aggravated my elbow.

Try the Pure Storm TOUR! Same shape, just more heft to help keep
the ball deep, cushion the shot (i.e. less vibration), and stick the volleys.
If you like the Kblade, try the Kfactor 95 18x 20.

nuff said

AlpineCadet
01-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I have hit with the kblade and the pure storm and within 15 min put each of them down never to pick them up again.

the PS felt tinny and twangy. The KB was ok in terms of being a solid frame,but it just aggravated my elbow.

nuff said

''nuff said?'' The k95 18x20 is nothing like the kblade. Two totally different rackets with different flex, weight distribution, and feel, to say the least. The kBlade is more like the Radical, while the k95 18x20 is more like a stiff PSC95.

vndesu
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM

nuff said

mayb its just you
i am currently using a pure storm and i feel no TE what so ever.
though it is light you can always lead it up.
and try demoing
maybe the racket didnt fit your stlye or maybe you hit wrong? who knows

rockthebox
01-30-2008, 11:14 PM
the kteam is nothing like the pure storm or the kblade, completely different flexes, balances and weight distributions....

jazar
01-30-2008, 11:59 PM
the storm felt exactly the same as the last one to me and didnt really do anything for me. however the kblade felt very sweet and responsive

jasonchu
01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
i said try the k factor... its more stable IMO than the kblade due to its heft. my comments were geared toward someone trying different rackets, and as i stated the kblade wa stoo light for me. these are opinions only.