PDA

View Full Version : Is working at TW as awesome as I imagine?

bluetrain4
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, it's a business, and I'm sure the tasks, no matter what department, are like any other business (accounting, shipping, marketing, etc.).

But, you're surrounded by knowledgeable tennis people who, I'm assuming, like to talk about tennis and tennis equipment. I mean, real passion for tennis. And, you're in San Luis Obispo which has great weather. Do you guys play tennis at lunch? Does your employee lounge have tennis on all the time? I won't even get into employee discounts.

Continue the great work.

TW Staff
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
If you are into tennis and tennis gear, then, yes! Absolutely. I can only speak for myself, but it has been a great experience working here. At lunch, You can always find at least 3-4 people to go play tennis with. And, we are always surrounded by the latest and greatest tennis equipment (a kid in a candy store comes to mind). Oh, and the sunny weather we get 90% of the year isn't so bad either. :)

Jason, TW

drakulie
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Jason, be honest>>> do you even work?? :)

BreakPoint
01-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Or to put it another way, can you honestly even call it "work"? ;)

TheShaun
01-30-2008, 01:28 PM
do you guys have on site tennis courts? or dare i say it..... an indoor one in the warehouse?

do you guys have crazy parties with the equally cool people at the running warehouse? i hear those guys can get down!! :D

luv2volley
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Jason,
Beside work, do you guy TW staffs, have hobbies ? :twisted:

TW Staff
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM

Well, as they say, it's not work if you love doing it. So, I guess not :wink:

Jason, TW

PROTENNIS63
01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
It must be a great experience working at TW!

AlpineCadet
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I went to SLO for a school trip and stayed at the Military base. Beautiful green hills, cattle, and nice weather. ;)

[K]aotic
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
wow sounds like a GREAT job... now the last thing we need to talk about is the pay ;)

haha jkjk

TW Staff
01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
aotic;2056893']wow sounds like a GREAT job... now the last thing we need to talk about is the pay ;)

haha jkjk

OK. I'll ask.

How much are you going to pay us to come and work here?

Chris, TW.

kingdaddy41788
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
OK. I'll ask.

Chris, TW.

Hahaha NICE!

[K]aotic
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
OK. I'll ask.

Chris, TW.

how bout a juicy looking resume and we'll call it a deal? ;)

drakulie
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Chris, which one of you lucky guys is dating that chic that does the interviews?? Don't be modest. Jason already revealed you guys don't work.

PS: I am going to try and organize a weekend trip there, so I could hit with you guys, and then hit on the TW Lady employees. :)

[K]aotic
01-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Chris, which one of you lucky guys is dating that chic that does the interviews?? Don't be modest. Jason already revealed you guys don't work.

PS: I am going to try and organize a weekend trip there, so I could hit with you guys, and then hit on the TW Lady employees. :)

sorry drak i think ur too old for her... now if III went down there...who knows? ;)

TW Staff
01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
Drak,
If you make it out here, give us a heads up so we can set aside some time to hit.

You should have plenty of opportunities to continue to work on your game in the SLO bar scene. It might not be South Beach, but it has its moments.

Chris, TW.

drakulie
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
^^^I'm already on it, and I'm not kidding. I am going to try and convince Sup2dresq to come over with me. I'll keep you posted.

Colpo
01-31-2008, 06:16 AM
The thing about living and working in a sunny climate like SLO, despite what one might think, is that you actually do get plenty of work done there. When the weather's nice most of the year, you know you can work now, and that good weather is still going to be waiting for you when you're done. This is different from the mentality elsewhere, where you think to take advantage of good weather today because who knows what tomorrow will be like.

Craig Sheppard
01-31-2008, 06:27 AM
The thing about living and working in a sunny climate like SLO, despite what one might think, is that you actually do get plenty of work done there. When the weather's nice most of the year, you know you can work now, and that good weather is still going to be waiting for you when you're done. This is different from the mentality elsewhere, where you think to take advantage of good weather today because who knows what tomorrow will be like.

Exactly... the 4 years I lived in the Bay Area I felt the same way. I honestly felt like I was always on vacation almost. After the first year or so, you realize, "oh, I can stay in and do this now, it will be nice tomorrow..." It took me a while to adjust to that having moved from Ithaca, NY... lol

Still though... one job I had where I worked from home a lot--in front of a bunch of windows and a pool--made it REALLY hard to concentrate some days. ;-)

I can't begin to imagine what that'd be like w/ that weather, so much tennis gear, and a court staring me in the face...

sureshs
01-31-2008, 06:42 AM
Bay Area weather is lousy. Come to San Diego.

Craig Sheppard
01-31-2008, 06:44 AM
Bay Area weather is lousy. Come to San Diego.

Lousy? Try Ithaca.

(I have been to SD, it is definitely nicer...and I don't hate on Ithaca, I actually loved it there)

bluetrain4
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
do you guys have crazy parties with the equally cool people at the running warehouse? i hear those guys can get down!! :D

Are all of the sports "warehouses" in SLO? If so, I never knew they were concentrated like that. It would make sense, I guess.

Sup2Dresq
01-31-2008, 08:56 AM
^^^I'm already on it, and I'm not kidding. I am going to try and convince Sup2dresq to come over with me. I'll keep you posted.

Bring it!!!

Maybe then we can get on the Video Blog.

Then I can steal that Feder Bear.. wait I've said too much.

Craig Sheppard
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Are all of the sports "warehouses" in SLO? If so, I never knew they were concentrated like that. It would make sense, I guess.

I think they're all owned by the same parent company, Sports Warehouse... there are Tennis, Racquetball, Running, Inline, Skate, and Tackle Warehouses.

Insider
01-31-2008, 09:41 AM
As a former long term employee of TW, I feel the need to chime in.

I had originally planned on working there for only a few months, but ended up staying for over two years. The work was pretty fun (mostly), and being surrounded by awesome people was even better. If you like tennis, and like playing with a lot of different products, then TW is the place for you! Most of the time was pretty relaxed but there were busy periods where we really had to crack down and work hard! (SUMMERTIME!)

Honestly though, most of our social time wasn't spent talking about product. Everyday, there were intra-company clinics to make sure everyone (especially those dealing with customers) were well versed in all of the latest and greatest technology. And since we spend so much time chatting with customers about this stuff, our chit chat was generally focused elsewhere.

No tennis courts on site :( But we did have a basketball hoop! :)

To this day <a href="http://dailyremedy.blogspot.com/2007/04/six-great-places-to-shop-online.html"> I still recommend</a> and shop at TW because of their great customer service.

drakulie
01-31-2008, 02:56 PM
Bring it!!!

Maybe then we can get on the Video Blog.

Then I can steal that Feder Bear.. wait I've said too much.

Chris, Sup2dresq is in. We are currently trying to work out what weekend is good for us.

Let Spencer, Jason, and the rest of the TW Staff know hell is on it's way! Lock your doors, and hide your women! :evil:

Seriously though, we are going to arrange to fly over there for a few days. Hopefully, you guys will be kind enough to show us around town after the tennis.

AlpineCadet
01-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Chris, Sup2dresq is in. We are currently trying to work out what weekend is good for us.

Let Spencer, Jason, and the rest of the TW Staff know hell is on it's way! Lock your doors, and hide your women! :evil:

Seriously though, we are going to arrange to fly over there for a few days. Hopefully, you guys will be kind enough to show us around town after the tennis.
Come pick me up. I'm in SoCal. :)

drakulie
01-31-2008, 03:06 PM
^^^ As soon as Sup and I work out the details, I'll let you know.

AlpineCadet
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
You are awesomeeeeeee.

tennis_nerd22
01-31-2008, 03:10 PM
pick me up to drak. take a friendly drive up to your northern neighbour's capital city... then again dont, cuz we're getting a snow storm.. woohoo. lol about 30 cm of snow (1 foot).. :(

TW Staff
01-31-2008, 03:28 PM
Sup/Drak,
Try to make it out for a Thursday if you can - downtown SLO is closed off to traffic for Farmer's Market (good food and atmosphere) then it's off to the pubs.

As far as the Feder Bear is concerned, he travels with a pretty big entourage these days, so good luck with that.

Chris, TW

drakulie
02-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Chris, still working on it.

saram
02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Chris, still working on it.

You....lucky...um...dog, you!!!! Bring a video camera and post your own vlog for us, will ya?

dpfrazier
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Sup/Drak,
Try to make it out for a Thursday if you can - downtown SLO is closed off to traffic for Farmer's Market (good food and atmosphere) then it's off to the pubs.

As far as the Feder Bear is concerned, he travels with a pretty big entourage these days, so good luck with that.

Chris, TW
Hey Chris,

Dean from Almaden S&R here. I won't be able to join the upcoming TTW mayhem, but I'll try to get down to SLO sometime for a hit...

drakulie
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Chris, looks like we will be taking the trip there in April. I will keep you updated.

TheShaun
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
watch out for that jason character, i hear he bullies everyone around and take their lunch money :lol:

TW Staff
02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey Chris,

Dean from Almaden S&R here. I won't be able to join the upcoming TTW mayhem, but I'll try to get down to SLO sometime for a hit...

Dean,
Good to hear from you, mate. I might be heading up your way in March. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Chris.

Fedace
02-11-2008, 09:51 AM
If you are into tennis and tennis gear, then, yes! Absolutely. I can only speak for myself, but it has been a great experience working here. At lunch, You can always find at least 3-4 people to go play tennis with. And, we are always surrounded by the latest and greatest tennis equipment (a kid in a candy store comes to mind). Oh, and the sunny weather we get 90% of the year isn't so bad either. :)

Jason, TW

What about being surrounded by all those HOT tennis women ? I hear that some real cuties work there, how do you keep yourself in control ???:???:

Fedace
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Chris, looks like we will be taking the trip there in April. I will keep you updated.

Maybe Chris can put in one of his DEMO videos ???:)

zapvor
02-13-2008, 05:38 PM
good stuff. you guys should get indoor courts....hahaha

Enlightened Coelacanth
02-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Bay Area weather is lousy. Come to San Diego.S.L.O. isn't in the Bay Area. Not by a long shot.

TW CSR
02-17-2008, 08:47 AM
What about being surrounded by all those HOT tennis women ? I hear that some real cuties work there, how do you keep yourself in control ???:???:

Jason, control? HAHA not a chance!

In all seriousness Tennis Warehouse is an awesome place to work. I've been here for 3 years and I still have fun every day. Jesse/TW

Sup2Dresq
10-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Jason, control? HAHA not a chance!

In all seriousness Tennis Warehouse is an awesome place to work. I've been here for 3 years and I still have fun every day. Jesse/TW

I would absolutely love to move somewhere warmer than DC and be in the tennis industry.

How does one look up available jobs at TW?

If its internal... can someone email me sup2dresq@aim.com available openings.

Sup