PDA

View Full Version : Deuce - Question

Rasta
01-31-2008, 04:30 AM
Deuce, I share you affinity for old school control rackets. Question is, have you tried the ProKennex Heritage Type C Redondo? If so, how did you like it? And, what current rackets do you like?

Deuce
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Deuce, I share you affinity for old school control rackets. Question is, have you tried the ProKennex Heritage Type C Redondo? If so, how did you like it? And, what current rackets do you like?
No, I've never tried the Redondo or the Heritage Type C.
I'd like to try them both - but they are quite rare, and the chances of me seeing someone with one are slim.

I had a deal worked out a couple of years ago for a semi-sponsorship thing with a Kennex rep. that would have landed me a few Redondo Mids. But I backed out of it when the new batch of Prestige Classics became available. I decided to go with the racquet I knew (Prestige), rather than take a chance on the Redondo.

As far as current racquets I like... I can't think of any that I've even tried.
The last new frames I hit with were the MFil 200G MidPlus, the nCode 6.1 Mid and the K90. Of the three, I preferred the nCode - but not enough to consider adopting it as my racquet.

In my tennis bag, I have a Wilson Jack Kramer Pro Staff (wood), a Head XRC, a Head Graphite Edge, a Head Pro Tour MidPlus, a Head iPrestige Mid, and a Head Classic Mid.
I don't usually use the Kramer or XRC in matches - mostly for just hitting around here and there. For matches, I'll select whichever one of the others pops into my head first.

Rasta
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks Deuce. I carry a Pro Staff 85 and a Yonex RDS 001 Mid.